Ultimate X-Men Annual #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 6 14.0%

Votes: 19 44.2%

Votes: 12 27.9%

Votes: 3 7.0%

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Gah!!

I want to read this so badly, especially after hearing so many references mentioned in it. Can anyone scan it for me? It sounds like a really good issue.

I... I-i I like gambit too. He was a fun character, cliched, yeah, but still fun. I loved his ultimization, he seemed like a nice guy. I am sad to hear he dies, but I'd prefer to read it. Unfortunately it's sold out here.... I had to go to a different city to get the USM annual (which was so awesome!) and it wasn't there either.

My name is sadness. :(

Just read this I give it 2/5

It was fine and nice till gambit went out like a *****. Bass is right he could ran once he threw the cards instead of explaining himself 2 Juggernaut? "Wasn't aiming at you moron". Why would he say that, just start running.

And another thing gambit doesnt use his powers well enuff. If I were him I would just charge the clip to a gun and start busting explodeable caps. But thats just me.

Last edited:
Bass said:
I think the gun would explode and kill you.
The cards don't explode while they are in his hands. The gun would be in his hands so it would not explode.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
apparently there is "magic" in the UU.

Um..... Hello! Does Ultimate Dr. Strange Ring a bell? He's magic. And if Thor turns out to be real, um yeah, he's magic too (at least the hammer is).

slimjim said:
The cards don't explode while they are in his hands. The gun would be in his hands so it would not explode.

The second or so after he let go of the bullets, they would explode... and i'm not sure he'd be able to charge the bullets by simply holding the gun.

That said... This was in my opinion half-assed because Vaughn was forced to do it... He likes having creative control over his properties, and I bet you he doesnt like it when people tell him he needs to do something extra, because the other guys did it.

I think things brought up by this issue will lead to bigger and better stories one day, particularly with Fenris...

Dr.Strangefate said:
The second or so after he let go of the bullets, they would explode... and i'm not sure he'd be able to charge the bullets by simply holding the gun.
Actually, I dont think what he throws explodes until it hits contact. Otherwise, the cards would explode before hitting anyone that was in a far away range.

icemastertron said:
Actually, I dont think what he throws explodes until it hits contact. Otherwise, the cards would explode before hitting anyone that was in a far away range.
EXactly they wont explode till they hit somwthing. I wanna see gangsta gambit godammit

Maybe the things he charge up doesn't explode until impact but what about the impact on the bullet when it gets launched from the gun then? Wouldn't that make it explode? From what I have seen he hasn't been able to charge up a small piece of something and that would mean that the WHOLE bullet would be charged. Not just the tip.

... okay.

So you take the bullet clip, charge it, put it in the gun, and as soon as the hammer hits and the bullets are given enough momentum to leave the gun, they'll explode, blowing up the gun and all the other bullets and killing you.

I mean, come on. If you have an automatic gun why the **** would you need to charge anything? It's like saying, "Man, if I was Gambit, I charge a nuclear bomb so that when it destroyed a city, it would do slightly more damage then normal. Plus: it'll glow. Uh huh."

Anyhow, none of this is hypothetical because I actually can charge things to make them explode. Namely my credit card.

*bows*

Thank you, thank you. You've been a terrific audience. And don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitresses. I've been Bass, and now I'm off into the ether!

Pifubing Xueduwan!

Bass said:
I mean, come on. If you have an automatic gun why the **** would you need to charge anything?
Cuz i want explodeable bullets godammit.
Bass said:
... okay.

So you take the bullet clip, charge it, put it in the gun, and as soon as the hammer hits and the bullets are given enough momentum to leave the gun, they'll explode, blowing up the gun and all the other bullets and killing you.
You think I will let a little thing like logic get in the way of my dreams?

Bass said:
Anyhow, none of this is hypothetical because I actually can charge things to make them explode. Namely my credit card.

Ba-dum-dum!

Since Gambit's powers are often reffered to as "explosive telekinesis," I believe that he can sort of control how long it takes for them to go off. He demonstrated this when he screwed around with wolverine. He demonstrates it more in the 616 universe as well. Things only explode when he wants them to and based on how they hold a charge. Also, he has been shown to charge things from a distance before as well, (in 616) though it takes longer. I remember once Gambit charged up a piece of gum. What fun!!

SephirothsKiller said:
Since Gambit's powers are often reffered to as "explosive telekinesis," I believe that he can sort of control how long it takes for them to go off. He demonstrated this when he screwed around with wolverine. He demonstrates it more in the 616 universe as well. Things only explode when he wants them to and based on how they hold a charge. Also, he has been shown to charge things from a distance before as well, (in 616) though it takes longer. I remember once Gambit charged up a piece of gum. What fun!!
I wouldn't say he controls it. That would be..."too easy". If he charges something and throws it, it'll explode on contact, not really him controling. And the part with Wolverine, it exploded after he let go because while he was holding on, he was still charging.

icemastertron said:
Nothing that would affect his powers permanently.

Well, that's absolutely what I got from it. The Fenris Twins were looking to brand the lion suit onto Rogue and said that Gambit got the same treatment. They were using him as an example to how effective their corrective surgery was. We may just have to agree to disagree on this one, Ice, but I'd like to hear what you've got to say! :)

Goodwill said:
Well, that's absolutely what I got from it. The Fenris Twins were looking to brand the lion suit onto Rogue and said that Gambit got the same treatment. They were using him as an example to how effective their corrective surgery was. We may just have to agree to disagree on this one, Ice, but I'd like to hear what you've got to say! :)
But their powers would only be "perfect" if the suit was on. I was talking more about himself without the suit.

Latest posts

Back