Ultimate X-Men Annual #1 Discussion (Spoilers)

How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 6 14.0%

Votes: 19 44.2%

Votes: 12 27.9%

Votes: 3 7.0%

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
:cry:

All right a few things...

Glad that the X-Men didn't play a major part in the story. I can't really say it was all that great. It was good but there was a lot of one fight in there that just seemed like it was fillin' up space. So the gem is destroyed? and Gambit is dead :( Seriously, that sucks I loved Gambit. I know most of you are thinking good because you didn't like the rehash but I'm bummed. At least it was very cool. I mean the way he died and the fact he died was a total surprise. Props for Vaughan bringing up Black Tom!

Anyway some speculation. Could Rogue maybe breathe life into Gambit once again? I can see it happening. Also, I know it might be far out there but "the voice" she's hearing think it's Gambit or possibly Sinister? Or maybe Apocolypse?

All in all 3.5/5 too much of one thing happening and usually BKV is good with multiple characters but still worth the read.

What happens to Juggernaut? He kills Gambit end leave?
What about Rogue? Does she come back to the mansion?

Sorry for the questions, i'll read the issue in the weekend only...

Hi-Fi said:
What happens to Juggernaut? He kills Gambit end leave?
What about Rogue? Does she come back to the mansion?

Sorry for the questions, i'll read the issue in the weekend only...

Juggernaut has a building collapsed on him. Never said if he's captured or escaped. Gambit sort of killed himself by making the building fall. Rogue is still on the run but is communicating with Bobby at the end.

While I'm at it. I was really a big fan of the art. I thought it was real good. Much better than the regular title with Immonen or however... Especially thought Rogue looked good. Whoever said she looked like Christina Ricci was pretty way off.

And Juggernaut may still have the Gem's powers or they could've gone with his helmut after Gambit charged it and blew it off his head. Either way looking forward to more Juggs and apparently there is "magic" in the UU.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Juggernaut has a building collapsed on him. Never said if he's captured or escaped. Gambit sort of killed himself by making the building fall. Rogue is still on the run but is communicating with Bobby at the end.

Thanks!

TheManWithoutFear said:

Do we see Gambit's body? Is there a way he could have scaped?

Good issue over all. Thought the art was great, and glad to see Juggs. Maybe he overheard about Black Tom and their "relationship" can begin! Well, now we have 100% to any doubters before thinking that Juggernaut wasn't a mutant. I wonder if down the line it will get added in that he's related to Xavier somehow. I know people have said they don't want that, but I do. With Vaughan, it can work out perfectly.

Loved how Rogue called Bobby and not no one else to talk. And how he still thinks about her making those ice statues of her. Hehe.

4/5 overall. Poll added.

Last edited:
mutantfreak said:
Do we see Gambit's body? Is there a way he could have scaped?
SHIELD has Gambit's body.

Gambit and Beast both dead. I wonder if Apocolypse is seeing this. Just dreaming.

What about Xavier? The only thing that doesn't make sense is why he let Rogue go and why he can't keep tabs on her. I thought he'd at least be checking up on her.

TheManWithoutFear said:
SHIELD has Gambit's body.

Gambit and Beast both dead. I wonder if Apocolypse is seeing this. Just dreaming.

What about Xavier? The only thing that doesn't make sense is why he let Rogue go and why he can't keep tabs on her. I thought he'd at least be checking up on her.

First I was against characters undying in the ultimate universe but I have changed my mind. Apocalypse will save us all!!!

If Apocalypse brings them back, then I bet only Gambit will stay alive, since he's bouncing around Rogue's head now.... Maybe the Prof can transfer him back into his body... who knows...

I enjoyed the issue, but not as much as im enjoying Magnetic North...

Dr.Strangefate said:
If Apocalypse brings them back, then I bet only Gambit will stay alive, since he's bouncing around Rogue's head now.... Maybe the Prof can transfer him back into his body... who knows...
It's possible with Professor X.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I enjoyed the issue, but not as much as im enjoying Magnetic North...
We are on the same page, mein freund. Magnetic North is just kicking all levels of *** right now. :D

I'm kinda confused about the hole thing...... it was a fast read,...... But I'm guessing that since Gambit used his dying breath to tell Rogue that magic is real, and got one last kiss, imprinting his....... whatever in Rogue, then i would'nt doubt that we will see Gambit once again...... probibly reserected threw magic........ I gave it 3 stars, because it just seemed to fast....... but i loved the art, and thought Juggs looked badass

I give it two because Gambit died too quickly..
I have actually liked his characted in the UU better than in the 616 just cos he seems to have more heart.. in 616 it was all about chasing booty.. but his first Ultimate appearance I thought was an awesome read..
Juggs falling for Rogue? That seemed kinda odd to me..
beyond that is was just ok in my book, not too impressive over all.. so I give it 2 ..

haha! sweet! i hate gambit and his little fan club!

"wee wee. people love me, despite i am le cliche! i am so smooth, and people can think of a way for me to be everyone with my powers, a-huh-huh-huh! oh no, i'm dead!"

Dr.Strangefate said:
Maybe the Prof can transfer him back into his body... who knows...

Nooooooooooo...that would be terrible. I hate plots like that.

3/5. Pretty good, but probably Vaughan's weakest issue yet. Gambit's death was just too...forced. It did read smoothly like his other issues usually do.

The art was solid though - I'd much rather see Raney on the book than Immonen (although I do have to admit that Immonen has been a lot better lately.

And I just want to say that as far as character design, Utimate Juggernaut is one of the best Ultimizations yet.

this was an ok issue, definitly not as good as Magnetic North (story-wise), but art-wise definitly better. I liked Raney's art. Not as much as Hitch's, Land's or McNiven, but it definitly ranks up there. Hope to see more of him on future Ultimate titles.

DIrishB said:
this was an ok issue, definitly not as good as Magnetic North (story-wise), but art-wise definitly better. I liked Raney's art. Not as much as Hitch's, Land's or McNiven, but it definitly ranks up there. Hope to see more of him on future Ultimate titles.
Ultimate Secret #3 & 4. :D

I gave it "**" out of "*****" simply because Gambit was killed off. I don't really attach myself to characters because they are exactly that, but Ultimate Gambit had something to him that I really seemed to like above the rest of the characters. Now, again I should say, following behind Gwen Stacy's death, we've no lost a second character with a vast amount of potential. What's up with the Ultimate Universe?

I thought having Juggernaut was a good idea. I liked how Vaughan wrapped stuff up with Weapon X, made mention of how the Fenris Corp. tied into the shuttle crash in UFF, etc. I thought Rogue's character was further fleshed out and I got the odd feeling that Rogue now has Remy's powers perminantly, as she did in 616 with Ms. Marvels, which may be interesting. Who knows, this opens a lot of doors and, sadly, since Vaughan won't be coming back by himself it's not likely anything will be done with them for a while.

One thing I didn't like next to Gambit's demise was the Gem. It was there just to be there and for Gambit to find out there is magic in the world. We've seen Dr. Strange, we know what the ****'s up. C'mon.

Latest posts

Back