Ultimate X-Men: Apocalypse (#90-93)

Re: Ultimate X-Men #93 discussion (spoilers!)

Well it's only two unfinished pages, but it's something.

Page 1-3:

01.jpg

ultimatexmen932.jpg

Proof that Xavier is Onslaught.

Source: Comics Continuum

I thought the proof of that was a few issues ago when Cable and Professor X got dressed up in the armor suits...?

...why does Wolverine have two arms?

I think he is talking about the cover and that is easily explained: Most of the time covers don't correctly reflect what is actually happening in the comics for one reason or another.
In this case I would say that it's either because they don't wanna ruin an ongoing story by putting a spoiler on the cover, it's only temporary so Wolverine will get his arm back in the issue or the cover artist made the cover before the issue was done.

I think he is talking about the cover and that is easily explained: Most of the time covers don't correctly reflect what is actually happening in the comics for one reason or another.
In this case I would say that it's either because they don't wanna ruin an ongoing story by putting a spoiler on the cover, it's only temporary so Wolverine will get his arm back in the issue or the cover artist made the cover before the issue was done.

Yeah I meant the cover. I was just hoping that maybe the Ultimate Universe could have permenant changes, like Wolverine losing the arm and healing factor forever. If not, that's cool too I guess, but it would suck for him to get it back in a single issue.

Thanks for the cover thing, I really am a big n00b in more ways than one.

Yeah I meant the cover. I was just hoping that maybe the Ultimate Universe could have permenant changes, like Wolverine losing the arm and healing factor forever. If not, that's cool too I guess, but it would suck for him to get it back in a single issue.

Thanks for the cover thing, I really am a big n00b in more ways than one.

Sorry, misunderstood you. Yeah, the covers usually have very little bearing on the story or its outcome.

Re: Ultimate X-Men #92 discussion (spoilers!)

Found new page.

ULTXM092_int-1.jpg

Comicbookresource.com

I've got the issue already...

Spoilers.

Stryfe and Onslaught arrive and reveal themselves to be Charles Xavier and Cable. The X-Men are in awe of Charles being alive and they take a break from fighting to get a bit of an explanation. The Fantastic Four take to the frontlines with SHIELD while the X-Men hold palaver.

Pretty much we knew what was coming - Cable took Xavier away so that he could properly prepare him to fight Apocolypse. Nothing too huge.

Anyway, Charles fights Apocolypse, but is gradually beginning to lose. Jean says enough is enough and the Phoenix is in full force. Get it?

Anyway, the end.

A so so issue.

So part 2 of this arc was the last one that Peru colored before he died.

I've got the issue already...

Spoilers.

Stryfe and Onslaught arrive and reveal themselves to be Charles Xavier and Cable. The X-Men are in awe of Charles being alive and they take a break from fighting to get a bit of an explanation. The Fantastic Four take to the frontlines with SHIELD while the X-Men hold palaver.

Pretty much we knew what was coming - Cable took Xavier away so that he could properly prepare him to fight Apocolypse. Nothing too huge.

Anyway, Charles fights Apocolypse, but is gradually beginning to lose. Jean says enough is enough and the Phoenix is in full force. Get it?

Anyway, the end.

A so so issue.

Kirkman's run has gotten painfully boring and predictable. I'm glad this is his last arc. I liked his idea of sort of Ultimizing the 90's era of the X-Men (between the characters introduced in his run--Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse, and I guarantee that since Angel died last issue, he'll be returning Ultimate Archangel style; etc, his splitting up of the teams--like the early 90's era Gold and Blue X-Men teams in 616). I just think it failed in execution and some of the decisions he made for certain characters were poor.

Kirkman's run has gotten painfully boring and predictable. I'm glad this is his last arc. I liked his idea of sort of Ultimizing the 90's era of the X-Men (between the characters introduced in his run--Cable, Bishop, Apocalypse, and I guarantee that since Angel died last issue, he'll be returning Ultimate Archangel style; etc, his splitting up of the teams--like the early 90's era Gold and Blue X-Men teams in 616). I just think it failed in execution and some of the decisions he made for certain characters were poor.

Agreed. Nice try. Good effort. It was cool of him to join the site and talk a bit with us....but I'm glad you're leaving.

Agreed. Nice try. Good effort. It was cool of him to join the site and talk a bit with us....but I'm glad you're leaving.

Kirkman joined the site and chatted with members? That is very cool. Wish I would have known. Hmmm.....can we trick Loeb into joining? I would love to tell him what I think of U3.

Last edited:

I bet if Kirkman wasn't rushed for Loeb, the arc would be longer and better than the 3 part rush we got.

I bet if Kirkman wasn't rushed for Loeb, the arc would be longer and better than the 3 part rush we got.

I'll say what I said last time someone brought that up.

Kirkman's been on this book for around two years. He's written what, 30 or near issues? After the ninth issue he was given free reign on the title to set up his Apoc arc and it's felt rushed the whole time. Whole arcs were over packed or dull, there was inbetween.

The man's good at characters and instead of focusing on his strengths he over plotted his whole run and mishandled the pace. The run's uneven for this. It all would have been forgivable IF Apoc's story was worth it. But it appears Apoc will be alive for about 30 minutes, just long enough to fight a bunch of people before being defeated.

No big plan. No big powers.

Boring.

So a year of uneven build up to a 4 issue arc where the villain has no real reason for doing anything but everyone just starts smacking everyone around.

Boring.

I still like Kirkman, and I thank him for trying his hand at the X-Men and at the UU, but it's time to leave.

Not saying Loeb will improve a damn thing.

I'll say what I said last time someone brought that up.

Kirkman's been on this book for around two years. He's written what, 30 or near issues? After the ninth issue he was given free reign on the title to set up his Apoc arc and it's felt rushed the whole time. Whole arcs were over packed or dull, there was inbetween.

The man's good at characters and instead of focusing on his strengths he over plotted his whole run and mishandled the pace. The run's uneven for this. It all would have been forgivable IF Apoc's story was worth it. But it appears Apoc will be alive for about 30 minutes, just long enough to fight a bunch of people before being defeated.

No big plan. No big powers.

Boring.

So a year of uneven build up to a 4 issue arc where the villain has no real reason for doing anything but everyone just starts smacking everyone around.

Boring.

I still like Kirkman, and I thank him for trying his hand at the X-Men and at the UU, but it's time to leave.

Not saying Loeb will improve a damn thing.
I'm sure he didn't plan for the Apoc arc to be 3 issues long.

Who's writting UXM next? cause if it's Loeb I'd rather Kirkman rush the Apoc arc

Latest posts

Back