Ultimate X-Men cover #71 revealed

Re: Ultimate X-Men cover #71

icemastertron said:
They did. Back in #21.

Well, I mean other then that they were hallucinations. I hope theres somthing more to it.

With this cover, I'm confident the artist will do fine with this title. I saw what he did with Toad, Blob, and Cyclops and wasn't sure, but the way this cover is drawn, I'm looking forward to this guy taking over after Raney.

I'm not so sure about the Phoenix, though. Millar introduced it too soon, first of all, and it's a weak story to begin with. I hope Kirkman turns it out to be an interesting story.

Hey, thanks for the welcomes!

Goodwill said:
I'm not so sure about the Phoenix, though. Millar introduced it too soon, first of all, and it's a weak story to begin with. I hope Kirkman turns it out to be an interesting story.

Yeah, the way Phoenix is being handled has been very weird up to this point. Like no one seems to know what the hell to do with it. It's as if the writers WANT to do Ultimate Phoenix saga, but then back off. They're playing hot potato with it.

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
Hey, thanks for the welcomes!

Yeah, the way Phoenix is being handled has been very weird up to this point. Like no one seems to know what the hell to do with it. It's as if the writers WANT to do Ultimate Phoenix saga, but then back off. They're playing hot potato with it.
Well that could represent the X-men's ability to handle, lets just put it off until something blows up in our face. They just may not know Jean is really going nuts. Hopefully this arc will give it direction

Anyone else think Jean has a bit of a Dame Edna look going there? Just the facial features and stuff. Very mannish.

Doc, what did we tell you about trying to cosplay?

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
I really don't know why Blob and Toad are there. Maybe to distract Cyclops for a bit while Jean's freaking out?

I remember an issue right after the Weapon X storyline that Cyclops & Toad were friends, but different sides of the mutant issue....& we never heard about it again. Maybe this issue will explain what the deal is...

McEvil said:
I remember an issue right after the Weapon X storyline that Cyclops & Toad were friends, but different sides of the mutant issue....& we never heard about it again. Maybe this issue will explain what the deal is...

I hope so, cause that could turn into a good story I think. But I just don't understand how, if they were in a war (for lack of a better word) why would hey communicate with each other on friendly terms? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I've gotta say, I'm finding this cover more disturbing each time I look at it. Which is often considering that it's on the front page of the site.

McEvil said:

Maybe. The Cyclops/Toad friendship was briefly mentioned. Although it just completely disappearing after Magneto and the Brotherhood's return is not a surprise. I am glad that Toad and the Blob will be back though, they can be pretty entertaining. I wonder where Mastermind is though...

X2727 said:
I hope so, cause that could turn into a good story I think. But I just don't understand how, if they were in a war (for lack of a better word) why would hey communicate with each other on friendly terms? It just doesn't make sense to me.

They were talking when Magneto was thought dead after his assault on Washington D.C. I think it was in World Tour when Xavier was writing the article for the magazine. Xavier was trying to bring the two sides closer together, as he was working with Wanda and Pietro to be more diplomatic.

Fuzzy Birds said:
It's a background. White. Blue. Pink. Mauve. Just a background.

And Ben Oliver is a fantastic artist. The covers are certainly a lot more interesting that the typical Finch 'Wolverine runs from an explosion' or Kubert 'people stand around looking mean' covers.
No one's saying he's a bad artist (well, some people are, but I'm not), I'm just pointing out that the background is stark nekkid!
And yes, his covers do seem at least more story-linked than most of the previous covers we got.

And, btw, it was Adam Kubert who drew that cover of Wolverine running from an explosion (UXM#33) while Finch tended to draw the solo images that Kubert did a lot of himself.

This is the first time Ive seen (and heard of) Ben Oliver. So from the covers, his work looks good (his art style, that is).

Supposedly, Oliver is a big deal... At least, the first solicitation where he was mentioned made him out to be. :) I haven't heard of him, either.

Latest posts

Back