Ultimate X-Men/Fantastic Four Annuals discussion

It is the worst thing I have ever read.

I'm gonna trick my friend into buying it from me.

What? The guy bought U3 and liked it!

It wasn't as bad as U3. But it is pretty awful. Is it me or has it been feeling a little Wolverine-centric in the UU lately? Especially with UO being what it is.

And then seeing this and the Wolverine-Sentinals, well, that was pretty much it for me.

Well that, and Cyclops being Cap'n 'Merica....

and the hint that Ultimatum is going to be some sort of Ult HoM.....

And Rogue having claws (seems are claws one of Wolverines "powers").....

*sigh*

I don't think that Ultimatum will be Ultimate HoM, judging from the annual I would say that the death of Jean Grey and the de-powering of Cyclops is because of the work of Reed Richards. That's probably why his kid is the Phoenix in the future, when Jean Grey died it needed another host and he was the most powerful (if he is like his 616-counterpart) and closest being so he became the new Phoenix.

He probably also developed the new Wolverine-Sentinels that are chasing them. The real Wolverine is most likely dead in the future after having been the "mold" for the Sentinels. All that is left of him is the one Sentinel that was on the future X-Men team and probably had become self-aware or been reprogrammed to act as Wolverine.

All this is what the future X-Men is trying to prevent.

I would go as far as to say that in this future, Ultimatum never happened OR Reeds work is the response from the human side when it all was going down at it worst.

Heh.

I think it would be awesome if it turns out Ultimatum was caused by Ben punching a dinosaur.

Yeah, so Wolverine's claws are part of his "powers". Uh-huh. Idiots.

And Reed sounded like such a tool here. And contradictory. There was that whole sequence a few issues ago in UFF with Ben + Johnny playing that game with the huge metal block that destroyed Baxter building property, and here Reed says he's always unfairly accused of ruining the place?

The not Mark Brooks' guy was bad. Where do they find these guys?

Although I gotta admit, the Wolverine robots were kinda fun.

And Reed sounded like such a tool here. And contradictory. There was that whole sequence a few issues ago in UFF with Ben + Johnny playing that game with the huge metal block that destroyed Baxter building property, and here Reed says he's always unfairly accused of ruining the place?

Thats what happens when dumb people write smart characters.

OK. I had to post on this.

You know how I used to ***** that y'all *****ed about the UU going down the drain?

I won't anymore.

LOL.

Cos yer all right.

The art in this was awful. And don't even get me started on U3.

I really do hope the whole world did get messed up cos Ben punched a dinosaur. And what is funny is we would applaud Marvel for that. Remember that Millar did write that arc. So it is plausible. And unlike Brand New Day with Spider-man . . .

Maybe if Ultimate Wolverine's claws were originally bone like a certain well-known counterpart that would make sense. But they aren't, and the other time Rogue took his powers all she got was some healing.

Maybe if Ultimate Wolverine's claws were originally bone like a certain well-known counterpart that would make sense. But they aren't, and the other time Rogue took his powers all she got was some healing.

It's never said they were not (though I haven't read UWvH, so I could have missed that). Even so, claws sound like a mutation. Though, I guess Ultimate Wolverine is not, by definition, a mutant (despite being called the first mutant), he is just a genetically altered guy.

Plus, Rogue could of had Wolverine's claws, but decided not to use them. I heard that they were retractable. :D

Latest posts

Back