Ultimates 2 #12, cover and solicitation revealed on Joe Friday's

Re: Ultimates V2 #12, cover and solicit

*Has nerdgasm*

If this is delayed three months, I may not live long enough to actually read it!

well HOT DAMN!!!

that looks freaking amazing...it's good to see them at least try to tie everyone in the uu together.

Awww... Hell yes.

I cannot properly exclaim my profound happiness at this....

*explodes*

This looks mind blowing. You've heard me say that I think the Ultimates are entirely overrated, but I may be picking this one up... If only because it leads into Ultimates 3, which I'm looking forward to.

. . .

WOW.

I'm. . .speechless.

That cover is the embodiment of why I read the Ultimate Universe.

EDIT: To comment about Hulk.

First, several things have been leading me to believe that we are going to be seing Smart Hulk for the time being.

1. The end of Wolverine vs Hulk #2, where Hulk speaks intellegently to Wolverine.
2. The cover of Wolverine vs Hulk #4, where we see Wolverine and Hulk ready to punce on an off-cover adversary.
3. The sketch of Ultimates 3 Hulk.
4. THIS COVER.

I think the conclusion to Wolveine vs Hulk happens shortly before these last issues begin, and Wolverine and Hulk will come back into battle to help save the day.

I also think that Hulk will now be a permanant member of the Ultimates if they break from SHIELD.

Last edited:

Ultxon said:
Look at the bottom half of Spidey, it looks awful to me. It seems that Hitch has just been unable to draw Spidey.

Yeah and he can't get Ultimate Spidey's eyes very well either. I mean they look like the eyes but Ultimate's eyes are BIGger, ya know?

Lynx said:
. . .

WOW.

I'm. . .speechless.

That cover is the embodiment of why I read the Ultimate Universe.

EDIT: To comment about Hulk.

First, several things have been leading me to believe that we are going to be seing Smart Hulk for the time being.

1. The end of Wolverine vs Hulk #2, where Hulk speaks intellegently to Wolverine.
2. The cover of Wolverine vs Hulk #4, where we see Wolverine and Hulk ready to punce on an off-cover adversary.
3. The sketch of Ultimates 3 Hulk.
4. THIS COVER.

I think the conclusion to Wolveine vs Hulk happens shortly before these last issues begin, and Wolverine and Hulk will come back into battle to help save the day.

I also think that Hulk will now be a permanant member of the Ultimates if they break from SHIELD.

I definetly have to agree with lynx on this. The whole Hulk issue has to be true, and in fact, as we were talking about Pym just a second ago, Lynx realized he wasn't on the cover, so he though Pym might be dead, where as I read that the defenders are still in this, and I don't think Pym is an actual traitor, I think he's building something big for the Defenders so they can be recognized and he's just acting as a traitor. But we will have to see on this. I am really loving this arc though, it's just too good to drop. :)

Lynx said:
Where did you see the cover for #4? That one is scheduled for July. Do you mean #3?

Ice said:
Where did you see the cover for #4? That one is scheduled for July. Do you mean #3?

No, the cover of #3 is She-Hulk in between Wolverine and Hulk.

Hang on, I'll look for it. I think it was in a Joe Friday. . .

Lynx said:
No, the cover of #3 is She-Hulk in between Wolverine and Hulk.

Hang on, I'll look for it. I think it was in a Joe Friday. . .
Wait, now I remember. The one with 'She-Hulk' (was never said if it was her) is #4.

#3 is with Wolverine's claws through Hulk, as seen here.

X2727 said:
Yeah and he can't get Ultimate Spidey's eyes very well either. I mean they look like the eyes but Ultimate's eyes are BIGger, ya know?
The eyes are fine, nothing wrong with them. Just his feet. Also, look at Spidey's left shoulder. Notice something...wrong? :wink:

Last edited:

Ice said:
Wait, now I remember. The one with 'She-Hulk' (was never said if it was her) is #4.

#3 is with Wolverine's claws through Hulk, as seen here.

Yes, you're right. The 'She-Hulk' cover is #4. The cover I'm thinking of is #5, then.

Last edited:

Lynx said:
Yes, you're right the 'She-Hulk' cover is #4. The cover I'm think of is #5, then.
Well if you find that, don't be hesitant to show! (Cuz I dont remember seeing that cover.) :D

Ice said:
Well if you find that, don't be hesitant to show! (Cuz I dont remember seeing that cover.) :D

It was shown with the #4 cover (Both were black and white).

EDIT: The images won't load on my work computer for some reason, but I know that it's here:
http://www.newsarama.com/NYCC/Marvel/Ultimate/report.html. It's right next to the 'She-Hulk' cover.

Last edited:

Logan's face is all retarded, but I can forgive Hitch, because this is still an awesome piece of art.

Spideyshoulder.jpg

Tee hee hee.

Lynx said:

Your other point makes sense but this seems dubious.

Hulk killed almost a thousand people. There's not a lot that can be done to redeem his image. Being pardoned is about the best Bruce/Hulk can hope and even that would be borderline.

No team of public defender can have a mass murderer on the payroll walking freely.

E.Vi.L. said:
Your other point makes sense but this seems dubious.

Hulk killed almost a thousand people. There's not a lot that can be done to redeem his image. Being pardoned is about the best Bruce/Hulk can hope and even that would be borderline.

No team of public defender can have a mass murderer on the payroll walking freely.

You mean a publicly-known traitor (Captain America), two terrorists (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) and a psychiatric patient (Thor) are ok, though?

Last edited:

Lynx said:
You mean a publicly-known traitor (Captain America), two terrorists (Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch) and a psychiatric patient (Thor) are ok, though?
Captain America isn't really a traitor.

Thor is still up in the air about his true origin.

Quicksilver and SW aren't on the "Public Team".

And the public doesn't know any of that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back