Ultimates 2 #12, cover and solicitation revealed on Joe Friday's

Random said:
well they haven't done onne in the UU. this will be the first ultimate wrap around

Ultimates #1 and/or #13 was/were wraparounds.

A BIT off topic, perhaps, although this one has wandered a bit....

I don't think the Hulk, in nearly any incarnation, works well in a team book. The "rampaging" Hulk, and certainly the Ultimates Hulk (pre whatever is going on in the Hulk/Wolverine book, where he seems to have "intelligence!), is too out of control to make sense as a team player. I think this was nicely handled in the ULTIMATES run to date... by not having the team face a new super-villain every issue, the Hulk could be trotted out only for the BIG events (in the first case, as a menace for the team to bring down, in the second case, to help bring down the alien invaders). But day to day, etc... I just can't see it.

And, on a practical level... while teams certainly need heavy hitters, it does become a bit problematic when one member of the team is just TOO powerful. They tend to make the rest of the team seem irrelevant, far too often. Clever writers can work around this, create situations that call for more than sheer muscle, etc, but... often times, there is this nagging voice in the reader's head saying "Hey...wait a minute... shouldn't Hulk // Silver Surfer // non-Ultimate Thor // Old off the Charts Phoenix ... just be able to CRUSH these guys?". Ultimate Thor is VERY powerful, but... subjectively, I don't think he seems so wildly out of the others' league as to totally tip the balance of power.

Shadow

I like how Ultimate Hulk has been handled so far. There's still a lot that you can do with the character, just so long as he's not around too often. Irregular appearances should continue, Hulk just disappearing to wherever to try and find himself or whatever the hell the Hulk does.

He'll come back, help save the U.S., and then hit the old dusty trail again.

::Hums the hitchhiking song from the 70s Hulk show::

ShadowPrime said:
I don't think the Hulk, in nearly any incarnation, works well in a team book. The "rampaging" Hulk, and certainly the Ultimates Hulk (pre whatever is going on in the Hulk/Wolverine book, where he seems to have "intelligence!), is too out of control to make sense as a team player. I think this was nicely handled in the ULTIMATES run to date... by not having the team face a new super-villain every issue, the Hulk could be trotted out only for the BIG events (in the first case, as a menace for the team to bring down, in the second case, to help bring down the alien invaders). But day to day, etc... I just can't see it.

*applauds*

To take it even further off-topic, that is kind of how I was hoping Sentry would be handled in New Avengers.

But yes, Hulk as this beast that they only let out of his cage when he is of use is good usage. And part of that is because it takes all of their resources to get him back under control.

There's a lot that can be done with that as far as Bruce feeling used, etc. etc., that I hope they would explore instead of just sticking him on the team.

I dunno if this was brought up yet but I think the most interesting thing about this is Spider-Man here. I mean if this is the future of the Ultimate Titles what's the relationship between him and Fury gonna be like here?

Although, I do believe it's possible they won't interact at all with all that's going on. Spider-Man can swing in and help or could be in an entirely different part of town and swing away before Fury gets a hold of him. Still I wonder how Millar will dance around it.

I think its entirely possible that Fury dies...

And even if he doesn't... do you really think the US Government is going to trust the person who was employing two of these terrorists? I sure don't...

Prediction:

Fury dies or is fired, and the Ultimates leave SHIELD, becoming the Ultimate Avengers, under the leadership of Tony Stark. That, or Tony Stark becomes director of SHIELD (which Im not sure I'd like).

Dr.Strangefate said:
Fury dies or is fired, and the Ultimates leave SHIELD, becoming the Ultimate Avengers, under the leadership of Tony Stark. That, or Tony Stark becomes director of SHIELD (which Im not sure I'd like).
I think Fury will at least be demoted. I doubt they'll kill him (at least officially, underground Nick Fury is kind of appealing), but there has to be somebody to take the blame for the country being overrun.

More than likely is the Ultimates go under Tony Stark's leadership and Fury is relegated to a lower role for the time being.

UltimateSpiderBuggy said:
I think Fury will at least be demoted. I doubt they'll kill him (at least officially, underground Nick Fury is kind of appealing), but there has to be somebody to take the blame for the country being overrun.

More than likely is the Ultimates go under Tony Stark's leadership and Fury is relegated to a lower role for the time being.
I wouldn't say under Tony's leadership, Cap would definite;y be the leader. But more like under his organization

Cap would be a field leader, not an organizational strategical leader....

And anyways, do you think Thor would be on a Captain America led team? How about Bruce Banner?

Ultimate Captain America is too driven by his own anger to take complete charge.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Cap would be a field leader, not an organizational strategical leader....

And anyways, do you think Thor would be on a Captain America led team? How about Bruce Banner?

Ultimate Captain America is too driven by his own anger to take complete charge.
I actually didn't mean Tony for field leader, meant Cap, sorry, should have specified that.

Also, I think Thor would go for a Cap led team but not Banner. He will disappear.

Last edited:
Thor would totally be on a team with Cap, as long as its separated from the govt. Thor has a large respect for Cap

Well, I have a new cover for my Versus cards binder, that's for sure.

WOW!

I can't wait to see how the regular issues for the X-Men, Spider-man and Fantastic Four pan out with this.

Random said:
Thor would totally be on a team with Cap, as long as its separated from the govt. Thor has a large respect for Cap

Right up until Cap used a flame thrower to take him down and refused to listen to anything Thor said. Thor may not being feeling quite so charitable to Cao now....

Latest posts

Back