Ultimates 2 #12, Ultimate Spider-Man #100 preview @ PopCultureShock

Re: Ultimates 2 #12 preview @ PopCultureShock

Wow... This looks to be really good.

Exactly the kind of issue long brutal fight we have all been waiting for. YES!

It almost makes the wait worth it. Almost.

One thing that bugged me about the USM preview:

May mentioned that her sister married Richard Parker, not her. But then, how does Ben and May also have the last name of Parker? Do we have a little Arkansas family values going on here or what?

One thing that bugged me about the USM preview:

May mentioned that her sister married Richard Parker, not her. But then, how does Ben and May also have the last name of Parker? Do we have a little Arkansas family values going on here or what?

I noticed that awhile ago, but only really thought of it now.

Maybe Ben is Richard's brother? Or its a really odd coincidence. . .

USM #100... Wow. I haven't read anything past #99, but I read the preview and I am instantly thinking the Clone Saga is going to be taking the title back when it was really strong. No filler anymore - this is the real deal.

were ben and richard bros. in 616? they both were named parker to right? were mary(was it mary i don't remember) and may sisters in 616 too?

any way i just got home and read the previews USM looks interesting that preview didn't really show anything it was just mindless filler the ULTIMATES 2 #12 (or ultimates # 25 if you want to think in terms of a landmark) looked good i just remembered how much i hate the liberators most of them really pisss me off but on the other hand i get to see them have there arses handed to them so wahoo!

BTW did anyone read the CW:YA/RA preview i'm excited for it because well marvel boy... MARVEL BOY!... that alone makes it #3 on my list this week (#1 and #2 being ultimate spidey #100 and ultimates 2 #12 respectively... yes i am more excited for USM 100 than for ultimates 12 so suit me)

USM #100... Wow. I haven't read anything past #99, but I read the preview and I am instantly thinking the Clone Saga is going to be taking the title back when it was really strong. No filler anymore - this is the real deal.

It's 'bout time it got to the "real deal". This whole book has been pretty much filler for the last 2 years.

It's 'bout time it got to the "real deal". This whole book has been pretty much filler for the last 2 years.
I heard that Bendis's belly is stuffed with filler and the only way he can get rid of it is by writing ****ty comics.

It's true.

during the deadpool arc he wrote the comic equivalent of a laxitive

*EDIT* i just noticed it's my 250th post im a vigilante now yay for me :mrgreen:

Last edited:

during the deadpool arc he wrote the comic equivalent of a laxitive

*EDIT* i just noticed it's my 250th post im a vigilante now yay for me :mrgreen:

Congratulations, perhaps your next 250 posts can have quality. :D

Congratulations, perhaps your next 250 posts can have quality. :D
SEAL3.jpg

I honestly think Bendis was dragging his feet until he could tell the Clone Saga for the two milestones (100 and 103). With "Death of the Goblin" next and likely a shift in direction after Bagely leaves, hopefully Bendis will stay away from the filler for awhile.

I noticed that awhile ago, but only really thought of it now.

Maybe Ben is Richard's brother? Or its a really odd coincidence. . .

Ben and Richard Parker were Brothers. That's why it's Uncle Ben and Aunt May... Because they are his aunt and uncle.

Ben and Richard Parker were Brothers. That's why it's Uncle Ben and Aunt May... Because they are his aunt and uncle.

False (maybe).

In USM 33, its revealed that May and Peters mom (Mary?) were sisters, hence the reason why its Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

Unless Ben and Richard were also brothers, which would be weird. Which is what Lynx and DIB were saying.

EDIT: Although in 616, Ben and Peters dad were brothers.

Last edited:

False (maybe).

In USM 33, its revealed that May and Peters mom (Mary?) were sisters, hence the reason why its Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

Unless Ben and Richard were also brothers, which would be weird. Which is what Lynx and DIB were saying.

Refresh my memory - weren't May and mary sisters, AND Ben and Richard brothers in Trouble? Remember that one? The one that sort of but didn't really establish that Ultimate Aunt May was secretly Ultimate Peter's Ultimate mom?

Refresh my memory - weren't May and mary sisters, AND Ben and Richard brothers in Trouble? Remember that one? The one that sort of but didn't really establish that Ultimate Aunt May was secretly Ultimate Peter's Ultimate mom?

Well, I didn't read Trouble, but I thought that it was supposed to (but not really) take place in 616?

Also, Wiki says that their last names were never given, so it may not have been them. Weak cop out, but it may have to work.

Although if thats the direction Bendis is heading with Clone Saga (May and Richard having secretly hooked up....?), I may have to start buying USM.

Well, I didn't read Trouble, but I thought that it was supposed to (but not really) take place in 616?

In the last issue we meet Bucky Barnes. It most definitely doesn't take place in 616, but it was never explicitly said that it takes place in the UU.

And May and Peter's mother were sisters...so therefore, one of the two couple were In-laws and then got married...or they had a double wedding. Either way, no blood relation or not, its still icky.

False (maybe).

Exactly.

Uh...what?

In the last issue we meet Bucky Barnes. It most definitely doesn't take place in 616, but it was never explicitly said that it takes place in the UU.

What are you all talking about? What is this "Trouble" you're referring to?

Trouble and Marvel Boy are often debated as the "lost" Ultimate book. However, May and Mary in the story aren't related, so. . .

Last edited:

What are you all talking about? What is this "Trouble" you're referring to?

Semi-controversial 5 issue mini that came out a couple years ago by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson.

Latest posts

Back