Ultimates 2 #13 (Spoilers & Discussion)

i have no idea what took so long with this book. the 8 page spread woulda been cool, if they didn't release it a month before the book came out...there was nothing else! hawk eye was cool...but other than that, nothing from hulk, cap, or anyone else during the battle ugh...wow. a real shame.

i thought the very last page was cool and a good way to end it off...what'd you think of it?

The last pages fitted well to end the run..but it was at the expense of other stuff...Thinking of Ultimates as a film i think it was a fine ending.

The issue sounds pretty good, although I'm slightly disappointed that Thor really is a god. I always kinda knew, but I got a kick from him being a likable loon.

The ending wasn't a disapointment since all things I've read by Millar had a sucky ending. This one was actually quite good in his standarts.

But the art? Ugh, I can't believe this book took so long to be done with Hitch's art being the worst in the series.

Last edited:
The ending wasn't a disapointment since all things I've read by Millar had a sucky ending. This one was actually quite good in his standarts.

But the art? Ugh, I can't believe this book took so long to be done with Hitch's art being the worst in the series.

I agree. By far Hitch's worst effort.

Meh.

Just meh.

Loved the 8 page spread though.

Oh and why do I feel like there are pages missing in my copy?? On one page there's a full-page spread that seems like it should be a two-pager (it's only half of Thor's giant blue seismic ripples on the page after the staples) and then all of a sudden the fight's over and the sky is bright and Thor's yelling "Victory!" W. T. F. If that's not a printing error, it has to be one of the suckiest moments in the series by far.

3/5

Oh and why do I feel like there are pages missing in my copy?? On one page there's a full-page spread that seems like it should be a two-pager (it's only half of Thor's giant blue seismic ripples on the page after the staples) and then all of a sudden the fight's over and the sky is bright and Thor's yelling "Victory!" W. T. F. If that's not a printing error, it has to be one of the suckiest moments in the series by far.

Yeah I thought that too. I would've liked to see the other half of that..and then the wave hitting the orcs and them getting vaporised or somthing. We're just supposed to assume that I guess.

I didnt like the issue...
Well I liked it but it wasnt what t should have been...

I hated Tonys heart-break scene.It was the stupidest thing I have ever seen on an Ultimate title book and we all read Mj-Goblin!

I totally and totally loved the scene where Hawkeye took his revenge from Black Widow.It is the only good part about this issue.

And Banner was sitting on the stairs naked while Betty was giving him a blanket where The Wasp and Thor was talking right before Iron Man came and asked them to come to the party....

My opinion on this one 3/5

Typical Millar... But I'm sure you guys loved it.

Jesus Christ, read the posts next time, alright, mate? Don't be an idiot.

Of course #13 was going to be disappointing. We predicted everything that would happen, and it took almost a year to come out. It wasn't worth it, and it never would be.

However, it was the end of the team that got me into comics, and it made me smile.

Too bad Hitch's art sucked in the second half. Those faces were terrible. And the bodies looked like manga characters.

Thor's a God. Neat. Ultimate Thor is the best character.

Tony was fun. I liked how quickly he got over Natasha.

Clint got revenge. Awesome.

I don't really have an opinion for the other characters. I didn't think the Cap scene at the end was out of place... it begun with Cap and Gail, and it ends with Cap and Gail. America prevails.

The Avengers. We already knew that.

Perun being left alive was amusing.

I wish the story had been summed up in #12... and then have #13 come out now, like an epilogue. Have it explain Fury's arm, the reaction to the HULK STILL BEING ****ING ALIVE and more emphasis on what happens to Hank. I liked how he ended up in the cell though. It's one busy place.

It was a disappointing issue and definitely not worth the wait, yet I loved it. And that's all that matters. I'll miss Millar and Hitch, and I'll treasure my volumes of The Ultimates forever.

Call me an idiot. But I'm going to test out Ultimates 3, even if it's just another Avenger book.

And Loeb's writing it.

I call myself an idiot but I'm still a bit hopeful.

Call me an idiot. But I'm going to test out Ultimates 3, even if it's just another Avenger book.

And Loeb's writing it.

I call myself an idiot but I'm still a bit hopeful.

Oh, I will test it out too, because The Ultimates is one of my favourite comics and Loeb can be a good writer.

Too bad his latest Marvel work isn't that good.

I didn't hate it, but it was pretty underwhelming. Absolutely not worth the frakkin' EIGHT MONTH delay. As has been said before by my fellow Centralers, I wish they touched upon the Hulk's miraculous return and Fury's arm getting ripped off. It may be a little detail, but oddly enough I'd been really looking forward to how they'd resolve that little issue since it happened (Cyber-arm? Grow a new one? Anything.)

Looking forward to Ultimate Avengers, but if Wolverine is any indication, Loeb is probably turn it into a big ol' turd sandwhich seasoned with massive delays courtesy of Madd.

I haven't been enjoying Loeb's recent work either.

And yes, UltimateCharlieSheen, I too was waiting to see what they would do with Fury's arm. I was actually obsessed over it. Robotic feels like the 90s and I was thinking they would genetically grow him an arm and it would be cool.

Or Millar would think of something witty to do.

But...nothing.

Hulk's "death" was a great issue. Hulk's return was a great image. We felt one, we didn't feel the other.

I don't care what anyone says. I liked the issue, I think it was a good end.

Could it have been better? Yes, of course it could have, but Tony Romo's performance in the Cowboys playoff game against the Seahawks could've been better, too. Doesn't mean the Cowboys still arent my favorite team.

Just like Ultimates has been my favorite comic.

As far as being worth the 8 month wait... sure, I was a little let down... but Ragnarok on earth, Hawkeye punching Natasha's ticket, Perun asking who he could surrender to and other various details (not to mention the 8-page spread) made up for it. Even if the writing was subpar, Hitch made up for it with some top-notch art.

At the very least, it was better than pretty much anything outside of Black Adam and All-Star Superman that's been happening in DC.

I'll give it a 4/5, and I'm only taking off that point because of the 8 month wait. Otherwise it's a full-on 5 and Loeb/Mad have some mighty big shoes to fill.

Latest posts

Back