Ultimates 2 #5 HIT ME! ( SPOILERS)

Keep on using the phrase "Hitllar", Bass. It's great. Especially when someone comes on (not having read the rest of the thread) and hears someone saying that they love Hitllar.

P.S.-I LOVE HITLLAR.

Bass said:
There have been numerous situations I can recall where Hawkeye seemed rather happy about killing people, such as the "matrix" sequence, and indeed, he seems quite eager to kill Thor in the most current issue, complaining that he could've done better if he'd been wearing an Iron Man costume instead of his poxy bow and arrow...

Eh, I still don't see it.

Here's my theories, for all their worth.

First off, Thor held back cause he didn't want to hurt the Ultimates, he wanted to make them see the truth.

Secondly, that wasn't Scarlet Witch talking to Quicksilver to make him get back up again, that was Loki in my opinion, pretending to be the witch. He used Quick's love for her to make him do that. If I remember my mythos correctly, Thor could only weild the hammer when he was wearing a belt. If I remember correctly, but I'm sure someone will state if I'm wrong.

Third, Hawkeye could be the mole, but I'm betting it's Loki. Just his style to keep everyone guessing.

Lastly, the crack about Middle Est at the end showed that Thor was correct in the fact The Ultimates are starting to be used for non-superhuman affairs. With the team's conscience gone, Fury can use them as he sees fit.

My two cents.

Ultimate Houde says...
First off, Thor held back cause he didn't want to hurt the Ultimates, he wanted to make them see the truth.
Agreed

Secondly, that wasn't Scarlet Witch talking to Quicksilver to make him get back up again, that was Loki in my opinion, pretending to be the witch. He used Quick's love for her to make him do that. If I remember my mythos correctly, Thor could only weild the hammer when he was wearing a belt. If I remember correctly, but I'm sure someone will state if I'm wrong.
Disagreed
Third, Hawkeye could be the mole, but I'm betting it's Loki. Just his style to keep everyone guessing.
What? Disagree.
And personally I don't think we'll see Loki in the next arc.
Lastly, the crack about Middle Est at the end showed that Thor was correct in the fact The Ultimates are starting to be used for non-superhuman affairs. With the team's conscience gone, Fury can use them as he sees fit.
Another Fury hater... You'll see.

BTW Welcome :twisted:

Welcome Ultimate Houde.

I'm not sure about Scarlet Witch being Loki for that scene (seems to me that if something like that were done; there would be a hint to it since Loki and Thor seem to be the real deals - more or less), but you seem to be on the ball about the whole Middle East thing - also, I just noticed something. I am right in thinking that the US seal of the Eagle, the one that holds the arrows in one claw and the olive branch in the other... isn't its head, in times of war, pointing to the claw with the arrows? And to do that, doesn't it look to the right? Just like the seal of SHIELD on the floor in that last page? Perhaps a US resident can help me out here.

Bass said:
also, I just noticed something. I am right in thinking that the US seal of the Eagle, the one that holds the arrows in one claw and the olive branch in the other... isn't its head, in times of war, pointing to the claw with the arrows? And to do that, doesn't it look to the right? Just like the seal of SHIELD on the floor in that last page? Perhaps a US resident can help me out here.

Damn Loki Manifesto. Apparently, now every single panel has some sort of visual hint in it

Ultimate Houde said:
*rubs nipples*

Y'know, I have a friend called Dan who would continually rub his own nipples and cry "lactate my beauties".

It was funny and disturbing.

*puts on Loki horns*

They're all against you Ultimate Houde... strike them down with all of your hatred...

Bass said:
*puts on Loki horns*

They're all against you Ultimate Houde... strike them down with all of your hatred...

They must be, they don't understand....

Back on topic, one site I found said he did wear a belt to lift the hammer, and one site said he didn't.

I hate it when the Interent contradicts Itself.

BUt I still believe Loki is screwing with people. Black Widow seems a way to obvious choice for the traitor.

By Seldes Kant (or however its spelt)

And something else that just occurred to me: Gunnar-as-Loki says he can shuffle reality like a pack of cards. In this issue, Wanda claims she can move realities around, too. Maybe we should lock these two in a room together, sans Pietro, and see what happens. (And minds out of the gutters on this one, please.) Possible plot twist down the road? It would be nice to see Wanda actually do something in this title for a change. (Okay, I guess I'm being catty there....) Pietro finally seemed to do something effetive where we could actually see him for a change. And he apparently did it because he thought Thor hurt Wanda. (Although I'd be a lot more impressed by that if the relationship between brother and sister didn't kind of creep me out....)

Great point there.

another thing... regarding issue 7 solicit. the traitor strikes. they attack one of the members in a horrifying way.

I think someone is gonna kill Hawkeye's family.

Great character development for Hawkeye (for the wrong reasons) and it adds to the dismantling of the team.

As to who it is: (In my opinion)

Scarlet Witch (see above post)

Iron Man or Black Widow (esp. the latter)- here's why. Thor was able to read Banner's mind in issue 4, remember (see he is a god). So what does he say when Black Widow and Iron Man are holding him down? TRAITOR! He tells us who it is right there. And we know that Millar loves to drop hints.

Black Widow has the Iron Man armor tech for Russia now. She has a web shooter (UMTU 14). She has taken out Banner and Thor. If she kills Hawkeye's family like I think, she will have seriously hurt many of the team. All in the name of Mother Russia. I highly doubt Iron Man though. He was just there when Thor shouted that. But, even though it may seem cliched for the spy to be a traitor, I think it will be the Widow.

marvelman said:
Iron Man or Black Widow (esp. the latter)- here's why. Thor was able to read Banner's mind in issue 4, remember (see he is a god). So what does he say when Black Widow and Iron Man are holding him down? TRAITOR! He tells us who it is right there. And we know that Millar loves to drop hints.

Nice pick up... but remember Loki has to tell Thor there's a traitor on the team.

I don't think Black Widow is going to directly kill Hawkeye's family. She's going to betray The Ultimates but not her long time partner...

Latest posts

Back