Ultimates 2 #5 HIT ME! ( SPOILERS)

Bass said:
There have been numerous situations I can recall where Hawkeye seemed rather happy about killing people, such as the "matrix" sequence, and indeed, he seems quite eager to kill Thor in the most current issue, complaining that he could've done better if he'd been wearing an Iron Man costume instead of his poxy bow and arrow...

He wasn't complaining because he didn't have a suit - Cap was patting Tony on the back and Hawkeye was basically saying bah, anyone could do what he did if theyhad a suit like that.

Bass said:
isn't its head, in times of war, pointing to the claw with the arrows? And to do that, doesn't it look to the right?

I'm pretty sure that's an urban legend.

Bass said:
There have been numerous situations I can recall where Hawkeye seemed rather happy about killing people, such as the "matrix" sequence, and indeed, he seems quite eager to kill Thor in the most current issue, complaining that he could've done better if he'd been wearing an Iron Man costume instead of his poxy bow and arrow...

A.) I don't remember him all smiling maliciously and giggling and lickign their blood of the floor. he make one wise-crack. to an alien. who was planning on destroying the world.

B.) He's a soldier. Soldiers kill. Besides, he just asked Cap, he wasn't like "AAAAW C'mon! I don't get to kill anyone anymore!"

C.) And yeah, he could've done more wearing an Iron Man costume. I think that's his point, Stark is special because he designed the suit, not because he is some ultimate soldier in it.

hi, names elfreo (the fire) and im replying on the thoughts on who the trator is. first off, i think its not the widow, only because everyone expects it too much. secondly its not the scarlet witch because that would be another dissassembeled story just in the ultimate universe. honestly the fury theory dosent sound all that far fetched. the key is sometimes to look at the most inobviose choice, however painful it might be. i personally think it might iron man (god i hope not) or maybe a lesser character, like betsy. and i also think the ultimates just might get a suprise visit from a skinny little scientist who you would'nt like when he's angry. :wink: anyway im elfreo and im glad to be here.
btw: ultimate wolverine kicks ***!

elfreo said:
hi, names elfreo (the fire) and im replying on the thoughts on who the trator is. first off, i think its not the widow, only because everyone expects it too much. secondly its not the scarlet witch because that would be another dissassembeled story just in the ultimate universe. honestly the fury theory dosent sound all that far fetched. the key is sometimes to look at the most inobviose choice, however painful it might be. i personally think it might iron man (god i hope not) or maybe a lesser character, like betsy. and i also think the ultimates just might get a suprise visit from a skinny little scientist who you would'nt like when he's angry. :wink: anyway im elfreo and im glad to be here.
btw: ultimate wolverine kicks ***!

Welcome, great to have you.

By that logic, you'd almost have to pick Cap....

UltimateE said:
Welcome, great to have you.

By that logic, you'd almost have to pick Cap....

well true, honestly i was going to say that, but it sounds REALLY far fetched considering he has such a huge fan base. also the guys a major hero, and hard hitter, but after the whole thor thing i just dont know.

marvelman said:
another thing... regarding issue 7 solicit. the traitor strikes. they attack one of the members in a horrifying way.

I think someone is gonna kill Hawkeye's family.

Great character development for Hawkeye (for the wrong reasons) and it adds to the dismantling of the team.

As to who it is: (In my opinion)

Scarlet Witch (see above post)

Iron Man or Black Widow (esp. the latter)- here's why. Thor was able to read Banner's mind in issue 4, remember (see he is a god). So what does he say when Black Widow and Iron Man are holding him down? TRAITOR! He tells us who it is right there. And we know that Millar loves to drop hints.

Black Widow has the Iron Man armor tech for Russia now. She has a web shooter (UMTU 14). She has taken out Banner and Thor. If she kills Hawkeye's family like I think, she will have seriously hurt many of the team. All in the name of Mother Russia. I highly doubt Iron Man though. He was just there when Thor shouted that. But, even though it may seem cliched for the spy to be a traitor, I think it will be the Widow.

actually, that makes sence, but like you said, both of the iron people were there so maybe he wasnt talking about the widow. maybe he wasint talking about iron man, maybe he was talking about both of them! what if the widow is in fact a trator, and since she loves tony she talks him into joining her. but then, the widow is a complicated and deceptave character. like telling thor she is pregnant to get the upperhand, so we know shes a master manipulator. so it makes sence that she might to be able to talk tony into joining her. plus dont forget tony's dying so he'll probablly figure this is his one shot at true happiness, and he deserves it after all the good he's done. he says "why dont i deserve my little slice of heaven like everyone else"? ''why should'nt i deserve to be happy''? and then we have two traitors.

Fisrt of all I do think its black widow and secondly to all you Thor lovers out there, you have to admit that Loki is doing a pretty good job at messing not only with Thor but with all of the Ultimates. NOW THAT IS A GOOD VILLAIN! :twisted:

Loki told Thor he would be surprised by the traitor. That eliminates BW in my opinion.

Her character is the easiest fit for a bad guy, she had shady reasonings for joining the Ultimates and she's a spy. Who's gunna be the first person you'd suspect? I think Tony will grow to suspect her but it won't be her.

Thor and Loki should return for the next arc. The Ultimates 2 is based around this traitor storyline throughout its series which I believe means the associates of Loki and their pawn will be revealed. That kinda requires Loki to be there. And Thor is the only one who knows there is a traitor.

randomthoughts said:
Thor and Loki should return for the next arc. The Ultimates 2 is based around this traitor storyline throughout its series which I believe means the associates of Loki and their pawn will be revealed. That kinda requires Loki to be there. And Thor is the only one who knows there is a traitor.

Yeah, the reason I assumed a happier ending in #5 is because I thought that the Thor story of Gods and Monsters was the central plot of the first 6-issues... which it isn't. It is in fact, a sub-plot that is both in Gods and Monsters and Grand Theft America. Thor's sub-plot isn't done yet, since he has yet to actually 'fight' Loki - that's coming.

Also, I think someone's on to something with Thor yelling "traitor" and the traitor being there. I understand Thor doesn't know who the traitor is, or even, at that time, that there was a traitor, but I think that's it may just be too big a coincidence. Indeed, this would narrow the options to: Iron Man, Black Widow, and Wasp.

Bass said:
Yeah, the reason I assumed a happier ending in #5 is because I thought that the Thor story of Gods and Monsters was the central plot of the first 6-issues... which it isn't. It is in fact, a sub-plot that is both in Gods and Monsters and Grand Theft America. Thor's sub-plot isn't done yet, since he has yet to actually 'fight' Loki - that's coming.

Also, I think someone's on to something with Thor yelling "traitor" and the traitor being there. I understand Thor doesn't know who the traitor is, or even, at that time, that there was a traitor, but I think that's it may just be too big a coincidence. Indeed, this would narrow the options to: Iron Man, Black Widow, and Wasp.

No offense to that 5 or so females on this board...but i would not be surprised if it was black widow or wasp....I can see black widow double crossing the US govt already...

Hey, Captain. I just thought Black Widow or Wasp would betray the Ultimates because she's a woman and thus, incapable of rational thought. :wink:

Bass said:
Hey, Captain. I just thought Black Widow or Wasp would betray the Ultimates because she's a woman and thus, incapable of rational thought. :wink:
:scared: :scared: :scared: I didnt really type that, Nurhachi came over to visit and errrrr... he typed that part about the girls, not me!!

UltimateE said:
Consider the possibility that his "father" is all in his head, and it becomes all the more sad.
Odin the one eye being all in Thor's head? Hold on, who else is this patriarch with one eye?

Superb issue again, told you the belt was real :)

I like the line when Loki tells Thor that there's a traitor in the Ultimates; "I think you be surprised when you find out who."
I would be surprised if it was one of three people: Tony Stark, Nick Fury or Captain America. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... :?

Latest posts

Back