Ultimates 2 #9 cover.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Alright! Alright!

Thanks to Rhyo-

Ultimates29.jpg

I might be wrong, but I think those are just regular women that are supposed to represent Tony's womanizing past. I don't think any are any women in particular.

Goodwill said:
Cool... These may just be a lot of pictures of Black Widow... The traitor may be going specifically after her at the wedding.
Thats what I was thinking...

Wonder what that blood spattered card will say on the final cover? And, gee, that does look like the generic military issue 9 mil someone was pointing at Hawkeye's head.

This looks like personal vendetta, too, not a professional one...

Thanks Rhyo for the cover! :D

Thanks go to Ice's photo hosting bandwidth. I scanned it in and mailed it to him and he hosted it. Otherwise I would have been sitting here saying "well, I scanned it, it's on my hard drive, but you don't get to see it..."

I'd never bought an issue of Previews before. Good thing it's cheap, because there wasn't much else in it I hadn't seen before somewhere on line - and there was a whole bunch of stuff I had zero interest in (games, statues, etc.) We comics readers are a well-trained lot, shelling out money for an advertiser's catalog. Imagine if Lands End or Eddie Bauer tried to charge for a catalog....

Sweet cover.

I'm going with what E said - the traitor is targetting Tony Stark, and those are all the other women he's been "associated" with.

Rhyo said:
Imagine if Lands End or Eddie Bauer tried to charge for a catalog....

JC Penny charged $5 for their catalog for a loooong time. They might still, I don't know.

So, the Traitor is still on the loose then.

I'm not sure how much significance the cover holds other than, there is a wedding, and someone may get shot.

Cue Bass to telepathically rummage around in the mind of Millar and tell us exactly what is going to happen aided only by the ability of 'reason'.

Lovely cover, can't wait to see it coloured. I think though, that like most covers so far, it can read in a few different ways. Perhaps Tony is the target, perhaps Natasha is. Although if they are indeed getting married in their armour, I think the worst a 9mm is gonna do is scratch the paint.

Or even, the gun is Natasha or Tony's.

And I agree with whoever said it, that card below the photo is gonna be something important.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
Cue Bass to telepathically rummage around in the mind of Millar and tell us exactly what is going to happen aided only by the ability of 'reason'.

...and his dreams...

The cover is cool, some things I'm thinking. I don't think thats the same gun that was being pointed at Hawkeye in #7, they look different. I also think that the blank square beneath the gun isn't going to be a wedding invitation or something, I think its going to be another snapshot, something with a big whopper on it. I do think all those other pictures though are just of Natasha, just at different times or in different looks.

Oh, one more thing. Anyone notice the upper righthand corner of the cover? The glass that looks very much like a whiskey glass with ice in it :)? I wonder if maybe THATS a clue?

Guijllons said:

UltimateE said:
...and his dreams...

My dreams are more real than your pitiful lives.

But in regards to the cover - it does imply that the gun will **** up the wedding, but we can't take too much stock in covers. Hulk wasn't electrocuted after all. Thor never attacked Banner will in prison. And so on.

But in any case - I think that the traitor issue isn't fully resolved in #8. It's possible we find out who the traitor is, but the Ultimates don't. We'll see.

I'm still scared by all this though.

Someone's going to emergency... someone's going to jail...

Livin' on a prayer.

You've lost that lovin' feelin'.

Build me up, buttercup.

Hello, I must be going.

Bass said:
Someone's going to emergency... someone's going to jail...

Livin' on a prayer.

You've lost that lovin' feelin'.

Build me up, buttercup.

Hello, I must be going.

Someone reach over and smack Bass in the head - his mental radio station is stuck on an oldies station....

Some possible guesses about the unidentified women in the other photo:

1) Natasha may have been part of a Charlie's Angels/Danger Girl style spy network. A little too campy for the Ultimate Universe, I know. But if perhaps the cultural milieu of the UU follows the same aesthetic/design trends as in the real world, then during the big-haired, greed-obsessed, materialistic 80s, it would not have been inconcievable for an admittedly mercenary, Americana-obsessed gal like Nat to have joined such an organization.

2) More likely, there may have been more than one female super-soldier in the program that trained (and powered-up?) Natasha, and the happy lasses in the picture are a rogue flight that defected to the US togehter. Blonde chick could be Ultimate Yelena Belova, for all we know.

Latest posts

Back