Ultimates #2 Issue 2. Spoilers.

Friday

How do we not have a thread on the full issue yet? It's friday morning! You're all slipping.

All it all I thought it was a good read, seems like we just got walked through alot of what was thrown at us in issue 1, but I really dug the Cap-Thor club scene. And Xavier-Banner's conversations are well played in it as well. I'd say an 8-10, a little slow for a single issue, but undounbtablt great for the trade.

Don't look at me. I'm busy being creeped out by the practically incestuous conduct of Wanda and Pietro. *shudders* They are freaking me out man, and I write about murderous hermaphrodites for fun.

Well, like I had said, I think that Fury thinks he's gonna loose his job. Remember how he was asked if he was gonna loose his job, and that he would know by the end of they day? Well, it must've been sometime later alright. From what Hank said ("Look who's phasing out"), he thinks that's him.

Wel, I think that he thinks it's him.

No, he's referring to himself and the way they're basically giving Banner over to the justice system, where he's pretty much guaranteed to be executed for his crimes.

The conversation in question is:
Hank Pym: "I think we all got used to making this terrifying military force they put together seem nice and friendly for a while. Y'know, playboy billionaires and eccentric geniuses to pave the way for all the big, crazy soldiers they're going to have in these costumes by the end of the year?"
Bruce Banner: "No way. They wouldn't be building everybody up like this if they were just going to replace them with regular Army grunts..."
Hank Pym: "Look who they're bringing in, man; Hawkeye, Widow, all those weirdos and psychopaths from the Black Ops units like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Look who they're phasing out."

The conversation is directly preceded with Hank announcing that he's leaving at the end of the month, because S.H.I.E.L.D. has said he's an "unstable personality". Ergo, when you combine that with the conversation I posted, it becomes rather clear that Hank is referring to the 'nice and friendly' people, as he's deluded himself into believing he and Banner are, as those being phased out in favor of "psychopaths".

Last edited:
I know Hank is referring to himself. What I'm saying is that I just think that when Fury heard it, he thought it was about him.

It's just what I THINK. I could be wrong, but it's what I think.

I really can't see Fury going anywhere. When I hear S.H.I.E.L.D., I immediately think of him. It's like the MJ thread; at this point, S.H.I.E.L.D. without Fury would be like Peter without MJ. There's an exceedingly slim chance it'll happen, given that the two are so closely entwined (S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury, not Fury and Peter).

ugh I have to write my thoughts on the matter all over again...

ok real quick then

Does Britain have a working super soldier serum?
Wanda and Pietro's discussion was very interesting. Still wonder just how Loki leaked the information (I'm into he controls part of Thor). Think there should be some interaction with Hank and Jan. Wish something more eventful happened with Xavier's session with Banner (Like him Hulking out in his thought sequence) .

If Fury does get fired maybe he'll form the defenders and save the ultimates from something big. Getting his job back.

Don't forget next Issue guests stars Matt Murdock
I know everyone has been waiting for this... :evil:

I know one thing... Wanda and Pietro are up to something...

Always unexpect the expected...

Uh... at what point? I'd give you a proper response to the question Goodwill, but I left my mind-reading equipment in my other pair of pants. ;)

jtg3885 said:
I really can't see Fury going anywhere. When I hear S.H.I.E.L.D., I immediately think of him. It's like the MJ thread; at this point, S.H.I.E.L.D. without Fury would be like Peter without MJ. There's an exceedingly slim chance it'll happen, given that the two are so closely entwined (S.H.I.E.L.D. and Fury, not Fury and Peter).

I agree. I think what your seeing is a light bulb going on in Fury's head. As in...hmmmm, wonder if Pym's been leaking any secrets lately...?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Still wonder just how Loki leaked the information (I'm into he controls part of Thor).

Maybe it wasn't him, and Thor is kooky...

One thing I didn't get about Tony's character was he was believing in Thor one minute and doubts him the next. That's poor character development.

Goodwill said:
One thing I didn't get about Tony's character was he was believing in Thor one minute and doubts him the next. That's poor character development.
You know, I was wondering that myself when I read Ultimates 2 #1...

Thank you... Alas, I have some support! Yeah, well, that IS bad characterization but, then again, the government and SHIELD are putting the words in his mouth, so it's easily dismissed, you know? Still bothers me...

Latest posts

Back