Ultimates V2 #10 Discussion (SPOILERS)

...and I would guess that in the eyes of the Liberators, any superhuman or superhuman group legally allowed to exist is seen as being representative of the government. Like police.

I think what the Liberators hate most about the FF and the X-Men is that they practice "vigilante" justice in other countries just like the U.S. was by disarming middle eastern countries. Interestingly enough they didn't try to get Spiderman. Maybe because they don't know his public identity or maybe because he's only one man who they don't think can be much of a threat.

The hypocrisy of the Liberators is that this is exactly what they have done by invading the U.S. I think this is another deliberate parrelel between the real U.S. and the Liberators.

i'd think that the baxter building, with its R&D being funded by, and directly answering to the US Govt, the FF could be considered govt agents. same with the X men, who until recently were funded by and working together with shield. spiderman could be considered small time by the liberators i suppose, same with daredevil. neither operates on an international basis, or has had ties/funding from the us govt. unlike xmen and ff.

Hawkeye101 said:
Finally, What beef do the Liberators have with the X-Men and the Fantastic Four. Obviously they're taking them to Washington to get executed too.

That's not how I saw it, I assumed that they wnated to do a peace offering of some kind. Show that they aren't anti-super human, just anti-US.

Did I miss out? When did it say the FF and XM were being taken to Washinton? I thought they were just being "Kept busy" at their respected locations so they wouldn't interfer with the invasion.

Also about Spider-Man, I want to see him show up, but there's no way he's gonna be the underestimated hero, who saves the day. Spider-Man gets lucky in his fights with his powers. There's no way he can single handily defeat the liberators or even get by them to do any sort of minimal damage.

Yeah, they will take everyone to their respective public executions, and Hawkeye will kill every bad guy by flinging his poop at them. The **** of Death...must patent this before long.

wow...just read the issue and was blown to smitherines. Although I thought hawkeyes "run" had more impact than cap's "get off my girlfriend". Shoulda used hawkeyes panels for last. that way you'd end the issue with "run" and the last thing on your mind is Hawkeye about to run amuck on these suckas.

Yeah, that would have been cool, but then he would have left cap with "get your hands off my girlfriend." I would have felt ripped off if they had ended the cap scene with that and gone to something else.

i guess but hawk's been messed with the most. Why shouldn't he get the right away just this once. look at it this way. What part made you smile more, "run" or "get away from my girlfriend"?

i hear that at some point all the heros will figth liberaters(Spider-man,X-men,FF,Ultimatesetc)any truth to that?

Edit: found the cover for ULtimate V12...

Ultimatesv2_12.jpg

Last edited:
they schould also let the bad guys figth i mean it is their country ttoo

That's stupid, they would just escape and plot their next move. Why would you fight along side cap just to be reapprehended? I would book it the minute they let me out, or join the liberators so if they win I could just reestablish everything I lost.

Latest posts

Back