Ultimization Game Discussion Thread

Ok...yeah....my bad. Since there was no participation for this aside from me and MWoF---I actually forgot about this.

Which is even sadder since I was all about getting this back on schedule. :oops:

The winner....obviously....is MWoF. Your move good sir.

And shame on you all for not participating. :noway:

Last edited:
And shame on you all for not participating. :noway:
Well, this seems to happen in later rounds on this game.

MWoF and I have discussed it, and decided that the Ultimization Game will be going on hiatus for a while, probably until summer, when people tend to have more time. We've also talked about limiting the number of rounds that will be played, instead of leaving it open-ended.

So, in the coming months, look for a whole new season of the Ultimization Game. In the meantime, anyone interested might want to generate a list of Marvel characters who haven't been Ultimized yet, and start planning ahead.... :D

Well, this seems to happen in later rounds on this game.

MWoF and I have discussed it, and decided that the Ultimization Game will be going on hiatus for a while, probably until summer, when people tend to have more time. We've also talked about limiting the number of rounds that will be played, instead of leaving it open-ended.

So, in the coming months, look for a whole new season of the Ultimization Game. In the meantime, anyone interested might want to generate a list of Marvel characters who haven't been Ultimized yet, and start planning ahead.... :D

Yeah, it will work better this way. It always seems to get more enteries when it's fresh. The lifespan seems to end around 12 anway...

Please don't take it upon yourselves to start the next round up. PM me or Seldes if you think it's a good time to start it up again.

I'm itching for one character in particular too. I think I have a good story for him... so get some ideas stored in your heads.

VVD said:

*Slap!!* Be a man!!

Would this be the time to start up the general ultimization game then?

Would this be the time to start up the general ultimization game then?

I think that is a valid question.

With the Marvel Ultimization game on hiatus....this gives those individuals who still want to play a chance to play without some of the previous constraints.

And a perfect time see if the General Ultimization game has enough weight to keep around.

I say go for it.

Right now I'm finishing my last few entries for Ultimate Punisher....and in the meantime I'm still doing those voices for Random's Flash project. But I expect to be done with those by the end of March.

Okay, so I just thought of another random idea for an Ultimization game.

The weekly format seems to be a little tight for a few people, so what if we do more extensive, but longer form entries? Instead of finding a way to fit 616 characters into UU continuity, what if we take a month to ultimize a new universe using familiar characters but using a unique, central conceit? For instance, we ultimize a new Marvel universe based around Chinese mythology, or one where the heroes of the universe are ultimized as villains, and the villains as heroes. It could work one of two ways.

The first would be more traditional, with one person outlining the basic twist for the universe, and everyone has a month to create a universe based around this twist, picking and choosing whatever characters they find most interesting. The winner of the round determines the criteria for the next round.

The other option would be to do it as more of a collaborative effort. Before the game starts, we have, say, a week for people to all suggest ideas for the central premise. Then we have a week in which we vote on all of those premises and run with whichever one gets the most votes. Whoever put forth the concept operates as the moderator, and we spend a month collaborating on a vision for that universe. After the month is over, we have a vision of how it would work and then move onto the next concept. We put all the old ideas together with any new ones in a poll and then vote for the next idea to be ultimized.

just a thought.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just thought of another random idea for an Ultimization game.

The weekly format seems to be a little tight for a few people, so what if we do more extensive, but longer form entries? Instead of finding a way to fit 616 characters into UU continuity, what if we take a month to ultimize a new universe using familiar characters but using a unique, central conceit? For instance, we ultimize a new Marvel universe based around Chinese mythology, or one where the heroes of the universe are ultimized as villains, and the villains as heroes. It could work one of two ways.

The first would be more traditional, with one person outlining the basic twist for the universe, and everyone has a month to create a universe based around this twist, picking and choosing whatever characters they find most interesting. The winner of the round determines the criteria for the next round.

The other option would be to do it as more of a collaborative effort. Before the game starts, we have, say, a week for people to all suggest ideas for the central premise. Then we have a week in which we vote on all of those premises and run with whichever one gets the most votes. Whoever put forth the concept operates as the moderator, and we spend a month collaborating on a vision for that universe. After the month is over, we have a vision of how it would work and then move onto the next concept. We put all the old ideas together with any new ones in a poll and then vote for the next idea to be ultimized.

just a thought.

This sounds complicated, but pretty cool. What we'd need though is someone who can really organize this.

While I think that's an interesting idea, I don't see this as really "Ultimizing" anything. The Ultimate Universe has a pretty specific set of characteristics that makes it uniquely "Ultimate". You're basically proposing an adaption of Marvel characters and ideas into a completely new universe. There's nothing wrong with that, and it could run as a separate game, but it's not an Ultimization. It's like what C.B. Cebulski did in X-Men Fairy Tales, when he cast the X-Men in Japanese fairy tales.

That said, see how much interest you get, and if enough people want to try it, we'll give it a go.

The entries from the second round, which just finished, are here: Ultimization Archive Thread.

The entries from the first round, which started the whole game, have, alas, been deleted. I'm going to make a copy of the second round entries, just in case the archive thread disappears. (It shouldn't, but better safe than sorry....)

The entries from the second round, which just finished, are here: Ultimization Archive Thread.

The entries from the first round, which started the whole game, have, alas, been deleted. I'm going to make a copy of the second round entries, just in case the archive thread disappears. (It shouldn't, but better safe than sorry....)

Awww, man! Thanks for this round's entries, though.

Wasn't there a Runaways entry? How'd that turn out?

Latest posts

Back