Ultimization Game Discussion Thread

Okay, see, this is where I get lost. :dazed: What do you mean, you don't have to tie the character into the Ultimate Marvel Universe? Isn't that the point of Ultimizing a character in the first place, to fit them into the Ultimate Marvel universe? Otherwise, it's just a character revamp, which I think puts it outside the parameters of this particular game.

Seriously, I've got no ****ing clue anymore.

Everyone can do what they want. I'm just sick of the arguing.

Unfortunately, I fear that if everyone just does what they want, we shall have anarchy instead of a game. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

It sounds as though we have a few choices here: we can either expand the rules of the game to allow characters outside regular Marvel to be ultimized, or we can start another game in which characters outside Marvel can be ultimized. (If we start a second game, I don't think it's fair to allow both Marvel and non-Marvel characters in the new one. This game started with "just Marvel" as the rule, and that should be honored.) Or we could do something more like a "revamp game", in which authors can choose characters from any comic line and place them into a commonly-built new uinverse that draws from everywhere. Or we can just close this whole thing up for a while and give everyone a rest, although I'd hate to see that happen.

To my mind, the point of the Ultimization Game was to fit new characters into the Ultimate Marvel Universe, and that should remain part of the criteria for this version of the game. I think each comic book universe has a unique set of rules and influences, and the idea here was to work within the rules for Ultimate Marvel. Characters and events can stand alone, but there needs to be something that ties them into a universe that includes these particular, Ultimate versions of Spider-Man, the Ultimates, the Fantastic Four, etc. If all you want to do is revamp the character, that can be done in a new version of the character's original universe, or in a new universe the poster creates. (Although in my mind, it's not an "Ultimization Game" anymore, because it has nothing to do with Ultimate Marvel.)

Do people think we should have a separate game for that? Is there enough interest? One of the reasons I was in favor of letting this week's entry go through was to determine how many people might be interested in doing something different.

On a personal level, I agree with MWoF, that this particular game was started to place Marvel characters into an Ultimate setting, and that if people want to change that, we'd be better off just starting a second game for that, and leave this one to run as it is.

Thoughts?

Right, we'll do the Constantine round, then whoever wins can reset it back to Marvel. I'll start up another version of the game which can be for general Ultimizations.

Then all the cool people can go play that one. :D

Right, we'll do the Constantine round, then whoever wins can reset it back to Marvel. I'll start up another version of the game which can be for general Ultimizations.

Then all the cool people can go play that one. :D
Well, I guess that leaves me out of the new game.

Anyone else's thoughts? Any ideas other than the ones I mentioned?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I fear that if everyone just does what they want, we shall have anarchy instead of a game. I'd like to avoid that if possible.

On a personal level, I agree with MWoF, that this particular game was started to place Marvel characters into an Ultimate setting, and that if people want to change that, we'd be better off just starting a second game for that, and leave this one to run as it is.

Thoughts?

Thank you. I'm not trying to start any arguments about it and I don't think there's any place for anyone to start a defiance with me on the game. Like Seldes said, there's a need for guidelines. Because when people start doing what they want everything falls apart.

I could proof this by just allowing everyone to go through with "ultimize whoever/however you want" but I can promise you that will be the beginning of the end of the game by it's own natural demise.

Seriously, I've got no ****ing clue anymore.

Everyone can do what they want. I'm just sick of the arguing.

Awesome. I'm going to draw a picture of a rat fighting a chinchilla.

It's gonna be THE BEST ULTIMIZATION EVER! :D

;) Actually, I do have a vague idea for Constantine. I think I may cobble together something.

So the deadline is pass. Only me and Mole made submissions. So I guess it's down to us.

I didn't think this round would get much entries.

I've got an idea but stupid school is getting in the way.

FINALLY! Crap...I don't have an acceptance speech ready, but first off---I'd like thank Science....and The Captain for believing in me and not chewing my shoes while I type. And I'd like to thank PB-J's....for that delicious protein. I'd like to thank Bass for coming back......and I'd like to thank---

*mic is shut off and lights lowered*

Anyways....I'll post a new round by the end of today. I think in order to get this thing back on schedule the deadline will be on Monday like normal.

I know that's kinda limited but does anyone object?

Latest posts

Back