Uncanny X-Force (Remender/Opena)

Re: Uncanny X-Force (Remender/Opeña)

From the SDCC X-Men panel:

Remender's "Uncanny X-Force" will begin by resurrecting Apocalypse, which "obviously has ramifications to a number of characters, notably Warren [Worthington, Angel/Archangel]."

"With 'Second Coming' over, Scott [Summers] is no longer a wartime president," Alonso added, but Logan still sees a need for the team and Cyclops doesn't need to know.

1279902180.jpg

1279902182.jpg

1279902169.jpg

1279902155.jpg

1279902171.jpg

Last edited:

I like the new costumes, except for Daken's, and I like Remender's Punisher so I'm looking forward to this. I wonder if there will be any tension between Warren and Betsy?

Is anyone else reading this? Issue three came out this week and I gotta say that Remender's run has already blown Kyle and Yost's run out of the water. Apocalypse's Final Horsemen are pretty great, and their fight with X-Force was very well done I thought.

This comic is fantastic. Opeña is scarily good.

I'm reading this on Proj's recommendation a few days ago. I'm 8 issues in and I'm enjoying it. The art has been really good - even Ribic, who is a lot better than when he was doing those House of M covers.

And I normally think Deadpool is dumb but in this book he's great. Rick Remender writes these characters extremely well.

This has become Marvel's second best title (Daredevil is first). It is consistently amazing and exciting.

In issue 20 Brian told Betsy that Famtomex did not exist in any other reality. Is that something that was previously established or is this the first we're finding out about it?

I read #20 yesterday and was confused about that also.

Yeah. This comic has that thing like The Walking Dead where you feel like anyone could be killed. I love it.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah. This comic has that thing like The Walking Dead where you feel like anyone could be killed. I love it.

I have no idea if it is final or not but I like how EVA has taken the form she shows in New X-Men: Here Comes Tomorrow. It feels like he really is dead and it's not just a cheap ploy to shock us.

Yes. Phil Noto is currently drawing it.

#28 is really the first issue that, to me, felt like it is finally moving toward a conclusion.

Im a total sucker for time jumping/alternate future finales (like Seven Soldiers). This has that. I loved it.

Betsy's suicide was a total shock. I'm also still shocked that Fantomex really does seem dead.

It would be amazing if Deadpool, like, single-handedly saves the world or something.

I wish I could preorder the Omnibus RIGHT THIS SECOND.

After seeing what this book seemed to be moving toward, I've been pretty excited to see it wrap up. I've been expecting something pretty epic.

#29 kind of let the air out of that idea, though. Kind of a cop out to let Betty come back like nothing happened. I was hoping her death would be a big catalyst for some big future or something.

#35 is the last part of this arc.

And it's possible this title may end up being part of Marvel NOW!, as it was hinted something's happening with the book after this arc, though of course nothing specifically mentioned. The only confirmation given is by Remender saying there will still be an Uncanny X-Force title being published and that it's not going anywhere.

Also, besides the arc with Captain Britain, the series has had nothing but great and incredible artists. The Final Execution arc has seen a few different people draw it, but it's been so good that you don't really care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back