Uncanny X-Force (Remender/Opena)

Re: Uncanny X-Force (Remender/Opeña)

#35 is the last part of this arc.

And it's possible this title may end up being part of Marvel NOW!, as it was hinted something's happening with the book after this arc, though of course nothing specifically mentioned. The only confirmation given is by Remender saying there will still be an Uncanny X-Force title being published and that it's not going anywhere.

Also, besides the arc with Captain Britain, the series has had nothing but great and incredible artists. The Final Execution arc has seen a few different people draw it, but it's been so good that you don't really care.

Rumor has it Daniel Way will be taking over.

#33 - Alt. Nightcrawler kills Alt. Blob by making him eat a shark, which eats him from inside.

So... Daken is going to kill Wolverine by drowning him? Hasn't this been proven to not work already? Anyway, aside from that this was really good. This has been the best x-book going all year. I'm really going to miss it.

Synch said:
So... Daken is going to kill Wolverine by drowning him? Hasn't this been proven to not work already?

I feel like someone did it to Deadpool and it didn't kill him, but he was unconscious as long as he was under water, but once he was above water he started breathing again and woke up. But I don't remember where I read that.

Didn't Charles Xavier's protocols say that to kill Wolverine you had to drown him and chop off his head?

The final issue is out. Ok end to a great run, but I would've liked something a little more meaningful. It felt a lot like the status quo was maintained and Remender's run should be better than that.

Fantomex has been not only brought back, but as 3 different people due to the 3 different personalities being cloned as separate beings.

I didn't really like the return of Fantomex (or why there needs to be three of them) but I thought the rest of the issue was a satisfying conclusion to an amazing run. I hope Remender's Captain America and Uncanny Avengers are as good as this.

yea... the 3 fantomexes threw me all the way off. but this was one of the best runs in comics i've read in a long time.

Just picked up Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force #'s 1 today. Who is Unit? Is Sinister a woman now? Why does Colossus hate his sister?

Uncanny X-Force (Remender/Opeña)

I finally got caught up with this. I really liked this series. The end was a little lack-lustre, but I'm glad Remender has said that he will be picking up some of the plot threads in Uncanny Avengers. I'm looking forward to reading that series next.

I had to change the title of the thread to get rid of the ñ because it isn't a standard character and was screwing up the address of the thread.

I read the first issue. Then I stopped.

You're a wiser man than I.

I read the first issue, and then I forgot and read the second. :( Poor Fantomex is being wasted on this.

Humphries has this tendency to insert prose captions that try to straddle the line between, like, hard-boiled crime fiction and silver age Marvel exposition. It really doesn't work.

Last edited:
Humphries was awful on Ultimates. I wouldn't bother with anything else he did after that. It made me drop Ultimates - I didn't even stop reading it when Millar was turning people into vampires.

From December's solicitations:

UXFORCERROMNIHC_cvr.jpg

UNCANNY X-FORCE BY RICK REMENDER OMNIBUS HC
Written by RICK REMENDER
Penciled by JEROME OPENA, ESAD RIBIC, RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE, BILLY TAN, MARK BROOKS, ROBBI RODRIGUEZ, GREG TOCCHINI, PHIL NOTO, MIKE MCKONE, JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO & DAVE WILLIAMS
Cover by ESAD RIBIC
Rick Remender puts the Uncanny into X-Force in an epic, critically acclaimed run! Psylocke, Archangel, Deadpool and Fantomex sign up for Wolverine's secret squad of assassins, but their first mission — to find and deal with the reborn Apocalypse — casts a long shadow. As the members of X-Force struggle to come to terms with their actions, one among them unravels in what could only be called the "Dark Angel Saga." Startlingly familiar Deathloks; a return to the Age of Apocalypse; a warring Otherworld; and the all-new, all-deadly Brotherhood of Evil Mutants await in Remender's extraordinary exploration of the ethics of execution. Featuring the stunning art of Jerome Opeña, Esad Ribic, Phil Noto and more! Collecting UNCANNY X-FORCE (2010) #1-35, #5.1 and #19.1; and material from WOLVERINE: ROAD TO HELL #1.
928 PGS./Parental Advisory …$99.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-8571-0
Trim size: oversized

Wow, that has everything. Someone buy it for me.

Latest posts

Back