Upcoming Comic Events

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
What upcoming comic events are you excited for?

There is so much that I am really excited for.

Morrison/Kubert's Batman and Dini/Williams' Detective Comics.

Both the new teams on the two X-men titles of Brubaker/Tan and Carey/Bacholo.

Morrison writing most of the Wildstorm, especially Authority and him with Lee on Wildcats.

The Civil War crossover of the Runaways and Young Avengers.

And the Punisher coming back into the Marvel proper with his new series and in Civil War.

The rest if 52 and the mysteries of the DC.

Meltzer/Benes' New JLA.

and the sequel to Phoenix Endsong.

Um...

I'm not sure Dini's run on Detective Comics is an event, but I'm looking forward to that.

I'm looking forward to more 52.

All Star Wonder Woman, if that is the next All Star title.

Civil War when it is finished - I want to see if everything sticks, or if Bendis comes along with "No More Interesting Stories".

ProjectX2 said:
All Star Wonder Woman, if that is the next All Star title.

Agreed. I've really taken to the All-Star titles, especially All-Star Superman, much like I took to the Ultimate titles. I like continuity, just not decades worth to catch up on. I'm liking the new, continuity-light comic universe rebirth's. Anyway, even AS Batman and Robin is a fun read, if a bit repetitive and slowly paced. Both have given me a new appreciation for the characters though, and I'm hoping AS Wonder Woman will give me an appreciation for that character which I never had in the first place. I'm looking forward to it, suffice it to say.

Other than that, I guess I'm looking forward to Ultimate Power in October, the conclusion to Ultimates 2, and the beginning of Ultimates 3. And whatever other big even the Ultimate universe has in store.

The next All-Star titles and Seven Soldiers of Victory #1 - I can't wait for that.

Nothing really from Marvel. I'm numb from the hype over House of M and other overrated stories. I might check out Brubaker on Uncanny (I think it's Uncanny).

I'm definitely checking out Morrison on Batman. Maybe the Dini book too if only for JHW3.

I'm looking forward to the Clone Saga in USM.

Civil War - more like Civil Bore. And I'm very apprehensive about seeing Punisher in MU proper.

I'm really excited about the Wildstorm Relaunch. Can't wait for Morrison to helm the big two books, and the Stormwatch relaunch has me positivly giddy.

I'm looking forward to Cassanova too, but thats not really a big event.

E said:
Civil War - more like Civil Bore.

Ugh....even Horatio Sanz does a better Gene Shallet impression. :lol:

E said:
And I'm very apprehensive about seeing Punisher in MU proper.

While I love The Punisher...I too am apprehensive about this. To be quite honest---he doesn't belong there. Making an off-beat cameo in Daughters of the Dragon mini??? Fine.

But there aren't any heroes in the MU that would approve of what he does and I refuse to believe that they would allow him to operate in their world, the way he does.

Victor Von Doom said:
But there aren't any heroes in the MU that would approve of what he does and I refuse to believe that they would allow him to operate in their world, the way he does.
When has any hero actually "approved" of anything with Punisher? So of course this wouldn't be approved. :p

He's just too slick for them. "What's that? I'm captured? Hold on. Let me cry you a river while I escape and live to kill another day."

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
Making an off-beat cameo in Daughters of the Dragon mini??? Fine.

Or Daredevil. That's the right way to do it if you're gonna do it.

E said:
Or Daredevil. That's the right way to do it if you're gonna do it.

Exactly. Pushing him to hard into the 616 just feels off and too forced. It's basically the same way I feel about the Eternals trying to be cemented in the main universe. All the PSAs about the registration just seemed.........I don't know.......it just wasn't right.

I'm also looking forward to Seven Soldiers #1. It will rock.

And E, I dislike you. You'll pick up Batman by Morrison and Kubert, but will only get Detective Comics by Dini and Williams because of the art? You disgust me.

ProjectX2 said:
I'm also looking forward to Seven Soldiers #1. It will rock.

And E, I dislike you. You'll pick up Batman by Morrison and Kubert, but will only get Detective Comics by Dini and Williams because of the art? You disgust me.

What's wrong with that? I don't get it.

I've never read anything by Dini. I love Williams's art.

It's just that I can't understand the fuss about Morrison's Batman. It's got crappy art, and the story revisits some forgotten plot about Batman's son.

I'm much more interested in Dini's Detective Comics. If I had to choose one, I would definitely choose this. Plus, the art ****ing rocks.

ProjectX2 said:
It's just that I can't understand the fuss about Morrison's Batman.

Seven Soldiers, All-Star Superman, and New X-Men give Morrison a free pass in my book.

E said:
Seven Soldiers, All-Star Superman, and New X-Men give Morrison a free pass in my book.

Don't forget The Invisibles and WE3. Yum.

Anyway, I'm psyched about.

The Fables Universe- Jack of Fables and post-50 Fables.

The Ultimates 3

Everything Batman and Superman (That's some power combos, all around)

the continuation of 52

Wonder Woman all around. Both All Star and the new run of the main series look hot.

Last edited:
Jack of Fables, the Fables: 1, 001 Nights of Snowfall HC, and whatever's gonna happen in the next 50 issues.

The run-up to the last year of Y the Last Man.

Whatever Danger and Ord have planned, and who the Destroyer of Worlds is in Astonishing X Men. My money's on Lockheed.

Book of Lost Souls returning from it's hiatus.

The first hints of the Squadron Supreme ruling their world, and Ultimate Power.

New Avengers Disassembled. Not so much interesting, but I'd like to see how Bendis can possibly screw things up even more than he already has.

Likewise the Clone Saga in UXM.

The rest of Civil War.

The next League of Extraordinary Gentlemen book: the Black Dossier.

Carey and Ferrys run on UFF. The new characters certainly look... interesting.

The Union Jack mini. Although if everyone has a mockney accent and talks constantly about the footie then I'm gonna burn it.

New Authority.

The Death of Batman.

Hang on, that last one should go in the 'Comic events you'd love to see' thread...

Zombipanda said:
Don't forget The Invisibles and WE3. Yum.

I havne't read WE3 and I only read the first TPB of The Invisibles, which was good, but not as mind-blowingly awesome as All Star Superman or 7 Soldiers.

Civil War
Ultimate Cable (I'm scared tho)
Rest of ultimates
USM clone saga
Runaways and Young avengers civil war
How Millar's run on UFF will end

Latest posts

Back