Upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man arcs

more S P O I L E R S

DIrishB said:
actually, after reading up on some of the other posts regarding upcoming arcs, I'm thinking we won't see Ultimate Scorpion until probably at least AFTER the Mysterio Arc. I have no idea about the Mystery Arc, but I'm thinking Venom will return in the #96-100 Countdown to 100 arc.

96-100 SURPRISE FOR 100 COUNTDOWN (Ultimate Venom??)

this was also on the board...check this out:

-i really liked how peter punched nick fury in ultimate. way to go. is nick fury going to actively try to remove the powers in an upcoming arc? what issues?

YES. SOUNDS LIKE AN ISSUE 100 TO ME.

that should answer your question....and for that usm thread about spidey losing his powers....this looks like what it will be about. (someone tell me how to hide the spoilers on here!)

The Captain said:
that should answer your question....and for that usm thread about spidey losing his powers....this looks like what it will be about. (someone tell me how to hide the spoilers on here!)
If all Bendis can come up with is a "Spider-man no more" for 100 then I'll be very disappointed.

Wow, I should have seen the 100 issue thing coming. Do you guys recall ASM # 100? In that issue Spidey attempted to remove his powers so he could live happily with Gwen Stacy. Now I don't really want to see Peter grow 4 extra arms at the end, but if Bendis goes the route of removing powers, it could be a direct homage to that issue.

Caduceus said:
If all Bendis can come up with is a "Spider-man no more" for 100 then I'll be very disappointed.

yeah, i know what you mean...but a few months back he had something about ben reily showing up around issue 100, either he has pushed that back, scrapped it, or maybe reily and fury will be in that arc...perhaps fury will take them away and reily will give pete the powers back??

Its always a good thing to see Cad in the USM threads...please, more comments from you sir!

Last edited:
The Captain said:
yeah, i know what you mean...but a few months back he had something about ben reily showing up around issue 100, either he has pushed that back, scrapped it, or maybe reily and fury will be in that arc...perhaps fury will take them away and reily will give pete the powers back??

interesting theory...could have something with that

That is pretty interesting but I don't think that Peter would have his powers taken away from more than an arc. I think that would be silly seeing as how many times we've seen Peter without a costume on.

Also, perhaps Venom is in search of Ben Reilly and Conners because they know more about that suit than him and Peter. That way, we'll get to see some of the coolest characters this title has seen all at once.

I agree it'd be interesting to see Rielly give Peter his powers back or maybe we could get Connor's get the blood sample back from Rielly. Rielly seemed like more of a jerk at the end of Carnage. Connor's needs some redemption. Personally I'd like to see Connor's go Lizard on Rielly's ***.

Goodwill,

Point 1 - Taking the powers away for more than one arc.... I'd be very pissed off if I had to put up with more "Peter finding himself" bull****.

Point 2 - Eddie looking for the two of them... love it.

The Captain said:
WARRIORS 79- 85
86- 90 SILVER SABLE/ DEADPOOL
91- 95 MYSTERY ARC- CANT SAY PUBLICLY
96- 100 SURPRISE FOR 100 COUNTDOWN
BLADE
MYSTERIO

Dammit, Morbius is ages away now!!!! Assuming hes still in the blade arc. I want morbius. Wonder what the mystery arc is.....

Nurhachi said:
Dammit, Morbius is ages away now!!!! Assuming hes still in the blade arc. I want morbius. Wonder what the mystery arc is.....

Yeah, I was really looking forward to Blade/Morbius/Ultimate Vampires. I wonder if his rearranging of arcs is going to show up in his writing. Like maybe it won't run smoothly and the storytelling will look choppy.

The mystery arc. It better ****in' be Daredevil. Of course Bendis in the Q&A said that he's coming soon and then he said not this year. Bendis smells like beef and cheese, and he sits on a throne of lies.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Yeah, I was really looking forward to Blade/Morbius/Ultimate Vampires. I wonder if his rearranging of arcs is going to show up in his writing. Like maybe it won't run smoothly and the storytelling will look choppy.

The mystery arc. It better ****in' be Daredevil. Of course Bendis in the Q&A said that he's coming soon and then he said not this year. Bendis smells like beef and cheese, and he sits on a throne of lies.

As i said, i think the mystery arc will have DD in it...and as for bendis...he stated dd will show up SOON, but NOT this year....same for that mystery arc...soon(sorta) but not this year....it has occured to me that he wont say when dd will show up because maybe that arc is why....just a thought though.

The Captain said:
As i said, i think the mystery arc will have DD in it...and as for bendis...he stated dd will show up SOON, but NOT this year....same for that mystery arc...soon(sorta) but not this year....it has occured to me that he wont say when dd will show up because maybe that arc is why....just a thought though.

Yeah, well Bendis better be useing Daredevil wisely and not having him share an arc with 50 other heroes... I want my Ultimate Daredevil fix done right and I want the relationship between the two expanded on.

i understand that....my gripe is that some of the characters being ultimized as of late are direct translations of the 616, like DD, i hope DP isnt exactly the same..not that id mind cause he is fine the way he is....but you just know the whole cancer thing may be tampered with, and i dont know how bags could make a costume better than the one liefeld (yes, dp is something he did correctly) made.

ok.... I asked this on another forum but they told me to put it here so here we go..... on a Q&A by BMB he said we will be seeing Venom return VVEERRYY soon so is there something we dont know about about warriors? The reason I say warriors is because in another interview he said Venom and black cat will return soon. Cat is in warriors. he used them in the same sentence coincidence????

Spade said:
ok.... I asked this on another forum but they told me to put it here so here we go..... on a Q&A by BMB he said we will be seeing Venom return VVEERRYY soon so is there something we dont know about about warriors? The reason I say warriors is because in another interview he said Venom and black cat will return soon. Cat is in warriors. he used them in the same sentence coincidence????

What is your basis for this hypothesis exactly? If you ask him if the he likes cheese and he says "Yes" and then ask if he enjoys writing USM and he says "yes" do you think he writes USM while eating Cheese....

The reaction you've just obtained by reading that post is the same exact one I had when reading yours... Wtf man?

Venom is a big enough sell to hype as much as possible. In other words, if he wasn't advertised as being in Warriors, I would guess he's not in it.

Very true... He's a very popular character. Besides, if he were in there, that would be two totally different stories colliding to make one really bad one. Bendis has more brains than that.

Goodwill said:
Besides, if he were in there, that would be two totally different stories colliding to make one really bad one. Bendis has more brains than that.

*cough cough Carnage cough*

I thought Carnage, for the most part, accomplished a lot. I think this was one of the title's strongest arcs. Conners was a really great character, Peter is actually maturing and using this to his advantage, and schemeing is taking place with Ben Reilly that I don't think many expected out of him. Carnage, while not one of the high lights of that arc, did what he was there for... To wrap up loose ends with Peter's father potentially inventing the wheel, so to speak.

Latest posts

Back