USM Spoilers from Wizard Summer Preview

ultimatekramer

Beware some spoilers from Bendis follows about the Warriors arc:
THE STORY- "Kingpin is involved in a federal indictment, which puts him in a weak position on the street." says Bendis. "Hammerhead takes advantage of that weakness and makes his move. Spidey gets involved, and he meets this crazy Moon Knight guy with a bunch of different personalities! He'll play a growing role throughout the story."

THE COSTUME- Bendis and Bagley opted to stick as close to classic as possible. "Moon Knight wasn't broken, so we didn't try to fix him, " says Bendis. "We just talked about his place in the story, kept the moon theme and gave him all sorts of gadgets. We kept the hood as well, though he looks equally cool without it." "It kind of interferes with his peripheral vision during fights." laughs Bendis.

OTHER PLAYERS- Moon Knight won't hit the streets alone in Warriors. "Black Cat makes an appearance, " says Bendis, "there's alot of sexual tension in this arc, more than we've seen in an Ultimate book before. Also, Iron FIst returns, and Shang-CHi appears as well. Also Elektra and Black Cat get into another cat fight, and it's pretty bloody."

BEYOND SUMMER- While readers won't get to see Moon Knight's origin in this arc, Bendis plans to bring him back as a recurring member of Spidey's supporting cast. "We'll see alot of him, and we'll find out his origin down the line," says Bendis. "Thers's going to be SPider-Man/Moon Knight fight scenes, and alot of jokes about him wearing a white costume in a dirty street fight."

About the Annual:
Peter Parker gets a dose of summer lovin' in August's Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1 by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Mark Brooks! Now that Peter and Mary Jane have split, a new wooer sets her sights on Spidey- somebody who's already popped up in Ultimate Spider-Man. Look for this girlfriend to play an ongoing role in the regular series. But first, look for the Rhino and the Shocker to spoil the romantic mood in a tale titled "More Than You Bargined For"!

icemastertron said:
So Black Cat ain't dead. That should make some people happy.

It's been that Black Cat hast been dead for a long time now. Bendis did say that he was going to bring her and Venom back like 7 months ago.

René said:
It's been that Black Cat hast been dead for a long time now. Bendis did say that he was going to bring her and Venom back like 7 months ago.
Right. I'm just saying what I said cuz there were people who thought she was dead. And I'm saying that in general, not saying people specifically from this board.

Yay! Rhino = w00tz0rz

So now that Black Cat has been confirmed for appearance, does that make ehr the obvious choice for the girlfriend?

ultimatekramer said:
and he meets this crazy Moon Knight guy with a bunch of different personalities! He'll play a growing role throughout the story."

Translation: In the second-to-last issue of the arc he'll start beating people up for no good reason. In the last issue Peter will wonder what it all means. Then on the last page he will quit being Spider-Man.

ultimatekramer said:
Also Elektra and Black Cat get into another cat fight, and it's pretty bloody."

Hey - I just noticed we don't have a yawning smilie.

Thanks for the info, ultimatekramer. But it doesn't sound like they are doing much to make this book more enticing. :(

UltimateE said:
Hey - I just noticed we don't have a yawning smilie.

Thanks for the info, ultimatekramer. But it doesn't sound like they are doing much to make this book more enticing. :(

I disagree. Besides the fact Moonknight has a schizon... and pending on how thta works out, the arc looks pretty cool....

WHERE THE **** IS DAREDEVIL !!!?!?!?!?!?!

TheManWithoutFear said:
WHERE THE **** IS DAREDEVIL !!!?!?!?!?!?!
*Hey you! Yeah, you in the tight red, suit. Ya wanna hurry up and move up the line? We all want our hot dogs, y'know!*

*Hot dogs? I thought this was the Unemployment line...*

I'm with E on this one guys. There are all of these characters stopping by and it's going to be difficult to truly find out what's happening with all of them.

My guess? Moon Knight is a person from SHIELD who will eventually strip Peter of his powers and the new girlfriend will, indeed, be the Black Cat.

ultimatekramer said:
THE STORY- "Kingpin is involved in a federal indictment, which puts him in a weak position on the street." says Bendis. "Hammerhead takes advantage of that weakness and makes his move. Spidey gets involved, and he meets this crazy Moon Knight guy with a bunch of different personalities! He'll play a growing role throughout the story."

Jesus tap-dancing Christ. Bendis needs to introduce a new character, and tries to think of a hook. So he makes him crazy. Because doing it to Harry, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, The Purple Man and pretty much every character he's ever written wasn't enough, Moon Knight needs to have a breakdown too. Well, at least this way Bendis can have any damn thing happen and go; "Hey! He was nuts! What'd you expect?" and I can fume and think, "A good story?"

ultimatekramer said:
THE COSTUME- Bendis and Bagley opted to stick as close to classic as possible. "Moon Knight wasn't broken, so we didn't try to fix him, " says Bendis. "We just talked about his place in the story, kept the moon theme and gave him all sorts of gadgets. We kept the hood as well, though he looks equally cool without it." "It kind of interferes with his peripheral vision during fights." laughs Bendis.

He wasn't broken, but needed a mental disorder.

ultimatekramer said:
OTHER PLAYERS- Moon Knight won't hit the streets alone in Warriors. "Black Cat makes an appearance, " says Bendis, "there's alot of sexual tension in this arc, more than we've seen in an Ultimate book before. Also, Iron FIst returns, and Shang-CHi appears as well. Also Elektra and Black Cat get into another cat fight, and it's pretty bloody."

So we've got Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Black Cat, Elektra, and Hammerhead all in the same book. That sounds like there won't be a plot other than "OMG! Villain ad! Villain ad!"

ultimatekramer said:
About the Annual:
Peter Parker gets a dose of summer lovin' in August's Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #1 by Brian Michael Bendis and artist Mark Brooks! Now that Peter and Mary Jane have split, a new wooer sets her sights on Spidey- somebody who's already popped up in Ultimate Spider-Man. Look for this girlfriend to play an ongoing role in the regular series. But first, look for the Rhino and the Shocker to spoil the romantic mood in a tale titled "More Than You Bargined For"!

Don't get your hopes up. Rhino and Shocker will be jokes. Bendis just having a laugh at their expense. He's already pointed out how much he thinks these guys are worthless. Which is wonderful, because I love writers hating their own characters.

EDIT: Dammit. When did I become such a total son of a *****? Now, I'm just pouncing on Bendis, which really isn't that fair... but I'm just so pissed off. Argh. I'm sorry. Sorry to you guys for *****ing and sorry to Bendis for being so damned rude... I mean, I'm not giving him a chance anymore. Blech.

Last edited:
actually yes that would make sence because peter will obviously lose his powers soon and wat is after warriors?? mysterio? morbious? my theory:warriors will end with peter losing his gifts and sulking that he didnt do enough or some little thing like that and then SHIELD will realize they need parker with morbious(or mysterio) and return his powers and give some explination like we didnt realize how much we needed you till you were gone type speech well thats my theory

I think Fury can't remove his powers permanently. It's rather a punishment. It's temporary, like a super-power jail sentence and it'll wear off after a while.

I really don't think this arc will have SHEILD's name anywhere near this. Even it was, I believe that the Gang war would be beneath Fury's interest. I don't recall Fury ever mentioning any of the characters in this arc, except Spider-Man, with any kind of master plan in mind. The Take your powers sub-plot will prob unfold some other time.

Bass said:
EDIT: Dammit. When did I become such a total son of a *****? Now, I'm just pouncing on Bendis, which really isn't that fair... but I'm just so pissed off. Argh. I'm sorry. Sorry to you guys for *****ing and sorry to Bendis for being so damned rude... I mean, I'm not giving him a chance anymore. Blech.

I know exactly what you mean. I HATE sounding like a bitter old man about this book. But I hate seeing it fall short month after month, arc after arc. I can't fake it.

Okay. first off The Black Cat can't be Peters new girlfriend, since she's somewhere in her mid 20s here. She's got a thing for Spider-man, because she just thinks he's a little guy, not freaking 16. Thats not going to happen.

Moon Knight didn't get the additional personalities added as his "Ultimate twist". He's plenty crazy in 616 too.

And I like The Shocker showing up for a laugh. He's funny.

UltimateE said:
I know exactly what you mean. I HATE sounding like a bitter old man about this book. But I hate seeing it fall short month after month, arc after arc. I can't fake it.

I couldn't have said it better myself. In my mind, the title is selling short because it's shown me no different. Bendis has diverting his direct attention from this to New Avengers (Did this happen to DD's quality after Bendis picked up USM?) and I'm tired of it, really. New blood on this title is beginning to sound real good.

Latest posts

Back