UXM #52 (Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This issue was good. A definet great issue by Vaughun. As always, dialogue was good, and although the issue delt more with Rogue, Gambit and the Fenris twins, the other characters did make an appearance.

What I liked was that Vaughun had Jean's "Marvel Girl" costume as a cameo. That was awesome. But what I didn't like is that the rematch between Logan and Remy won't happen until the next issue.

Overall, I give the issue a 8/10. Art, I say 9/10.

What are your thoughts guys?

I think its about time Wolvie realized he is an old fart.. though I doubt someone who depends so much on his mutant enhanced senses could resist a chick like Storm all over him ey?
Anyhow.. Im still not sure what I think about this story just yet.. I am surprised that Rogue chose not to go through with the surgery.. what she needs is a less deformed mutant with powers like Leech to date..

You can't. You have to type something in. Hopefully, in the new site you'll be able to.

Users can't delete their own posts. Only mods can (that's me). if you want a post deleted, just let me know which one.

I liked this issue. I thought parts of the explanation about the suit they gave Rogue were a little bit hokey, but didn't detract from the story.

Hey I bet that nobody noticed that when Jean and the Professor found the mutant signals on the astral plane, that there was a hint of the Phoenix there. Remember that when Jean said she thought the Professor brought up the mutant signals, she looked back with a weird look on her face.

What do you guys think?

I didn't notice that, but I did notice the homage to the old Phoenix costume while Jean and Charles were on the astral plane. Is that what you mean. I thought that was amusing.

That wasnt the old Pheonix costume that was the old Marvel Girl costume.. the Pheonix costume always looks basically the same but turns red and gold rather than green and gold when she goes "Dark". and yeah I noticed the pheonix giving her special hints as to where to look for Rogue..

and yeah I noticed the pheonix giving her special hints as to where to look for Rogue..

You guys think we'll have an arc soon featuring on Phoenix actually taking over Jean or somethin, even though it might not be Vaughun writing it?

I'm actually thinking that the Phoenix will be Singer's deal. That sort of story needs to be written in a 12 issue arc!

Also, I really like the fact that the X-Men are falling into the shadows a bit, like, SHIELD isn't bothering them every issue about stuff... They are doing well on their own after the New Mutants arc.

I'd be leery of letting Singer touch the Phoenix arc for his 12, because I'd hate to see it be his way of trying to do X3 even though he's no longer on the film.

I'm actually thinking that the Phoenix will be Singer's deal. That sort of story needs to be written in a 12 issue arc!

Well with another "clue/hint" of the Phoenix coming back given in this issue, I'm starting to think that as well. So now I'm even more sure that the voice Jean talked to back at the end of "Blockbuster" was indeed the Phoenix.

Well with another "clue/hint" of the Phoenix coming back given in this issue, I'm starting to think that as well. So now I'm even more sure that the voice Jean talked to back at the end of "Blockbuster" was indeed the Phoenix.

Brillian man! Can't believe nobody's thought of that until now, including me! I like the idea that though we may not see it, the Pheonix is an entity that exists only to Jean Grey, interacting with her little enough for her not to seem schitzo like Doc Ock or Osborne. I also believe Singer will be doing the Pheonix arc. I know I've especially been harsh on Singer, but I'm doing a 180. Now that I've come to appreciate and respect his work on the movies a little more, I'm curious to see how he handles the current team and the lasting impression he'll leave for the next writer.

Hey thanks man. But I hope that the writer after him would be the return of Vaughun. He's so good at writing this book, it's crazy!

I still think Jean was having a conversation with someone else, other than the Phoenix. And if there was a foreign presence within Jean's mind, don't you think Xavier might have picked up upon it when they merged minds to try and locate Rogue and Gambit in #52?

And if there was a foreign presence within Jean's mind, don't you think Xavier might have picked up upon it when they merged minds to try and locate Rogue and Gambit in #52?

True, but what if the presence is a strong force that is strong enough to block out even Professor X? The Phoenix is that strong.

Uh huh, and that's why Xavier managed to shut Jean down in the Hellfire Club.

And I'm not saying Xavier could read the Phoenix. But either there'd be the definite second presence, or the large unreadable gap that would indicate something foreign in Jean's mind.

I'm sort of agreeing. I don't know that the voice was Phoenix. I wouldn't be surprised but I think that will be linked in another way. Big bets on Phoenix coming up, probably by Singer. I just hope he doesn't try and write a movie through the book. Thats what movies are for.

I think everyone is aware that I am a newbie so please forgive me if this has already been said; My biggest problem with the Ultimate line and in particular Ultimate X-men is this - trying to makre references between the 616 line and the Ultimate line in terms of what the characters look like, how they use their powers, how they behave, who they love, are they bad or good, etc. The whole point of the Ultimate line is to add new flesh on these classic bones. Phoenix does not have to look anything like her 616 cousin. With Ultimate Spider-man we have had a sort of re-imaging of classic stories. The great thing about Ultimate X-men is that the story lines have much been completely new, (well fairly new). However, it seems that there are a lot of comic fans who are anticipating an Ultimate Dark Phoenix / Ultimate From The Ashes story line.

I fully apreciate that 616 Phoenix and Ultimate Phoenix are possibly the strongest mutants in both realities, but given what we currently know about the mutants already Ultamized, who has the potential other than Xavier/Grey, to be as powerful?

Do we even have a confirmation that there is going to be an Ultimate Dark Phoenix, other than people thinking that because Singer was going to do Phoenix for X-3 that he must be doing Phoenix for UXM?

Latest posts

Back