UXM #58 Syndicate Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, I thought by fessing up, he got his classmates out of trouble. Perhaps their punishment has been served and his still continues.

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I thought by fessing up, he got his classmates out of trouble. Perhaps their punishment has been served and his still continues.

I think Angels still injured, which is why he isnt there. He didnt get a longer suspension.

Nurhachi said:
I think Angels still injured, which is why he isnt there. He didnt get a longer suspension.
But it has to be a while longer now. Remember they got suspended for the semester, and couldn't do much of anything. So it has to be sometime from then until now, with them being in the battle field. Angel didn't get hurt so much that it takes months to heal. His injuries (if any, really) were minor, and would only have taken a few weeks to heal, tops.

I just reread this issue. So, no one else sees parallels with Syndicate and Sage? Great. I'm all alone.

Irish_4204 said:
I just reread this issue. So, no one else sees parallels with Syndicate and Sage? Great. I'm all alone.

I know nothing about Sage.

But I hope there's not too much to your theory Irish because I kinda dig Syndicate and it would totally cheapen the character if he was ripped off of something else. Then again what "original" workings today aren't?

Irish-someone mentioned the comparison before.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know nothing about Sage.

But I hope there's not too much to your theory Irish because I kinda dig Syndicate and it would totally cheapen the character if he was ripped off of something else. Then again what "original" workings today aren't?
Well, it's not exactly a 'rip-off', but it's about the same.

Sage was revealed as a spy for Xavier, as she spied on the HFC for Xavier. It wasn't for money (since in 616 he was rich due to his families wealth). Xavier met Sage during the war time. That's just a super-small synopsis of how it relates here, MWF. Hope if helps.

Nurhachi said:

You're probably right. I think this is probably the best explanation we've got at this point but, it's not like it's a big deal anyway, so we'll see what happens next issue the X-Men turn up in.

icemastertron said:
Irish-someone mentioned the comparison before.
Haha, it was me before too. I just wanted to bring it up again since it got skipped over.

How will Syndicate use his special electronull heart thing in the HFC? Maybe to get rid of the security of a vault?

icemastertron said:
Really? Lol, sorry. I didn't remember who, just knew someone had said it.
Well, if his heart works the way I think it does than at each beat an electro-magnetic pulse is set out, wich fries any electronic equipment nearby, unless propely shielded. So yeah, no more security, computers, alarm clocks that aren't wind up, and god forbid anyone have a pacemaker near him.

This is actually a very interesting power, if you think about it. Can Syndicate properly control his powers? Like, can he turn off his heart's powers if he wants to cook something in the microwave or something?

icemastertron said:
I just noticed this. Syndicate's powers is the same as Leech.
Not quite. Leech is a power dampener, who affects other powers too. Syndicate doesn't affect others, just electronics. As well he doesn't as much dampen as he fries. Like a power surge from a lightning strike.

Baxter said:
Not quite. Leech is a power dampener, who affects other powers too. Syndicate doesn't affect others, just electronics. As well he doesn't as much dampen as he fries. Like a power surge from a lightning strike.
Gah, close enough.

:lol:

Am I the only here who isn't a Warlock fanboy? I thought it was pretty clear that Warlock was a joke, just something to keep the X-Men busy. A concept as silly and sci-fi as Warlock has no place in the more down to earth Ultimate titles. He was amusing in 616, but he fit in there amongst all the other silly junk.

Issue was okay, I think the art put me off. Good technically, but terribly pedestrian. Say what you will about Immonem's style (I like a lot), but his work is always dynamic and very expressive. The art this issue was just so ho-hum. A more conventional artist was called for, for this type of story, just not one who's stuff is about advanced as comic art from 1975.

EDIT: on reflection this post sounds really angry, don't know why... not meant to be as aggresive as it sounds.

Last edited:
Blacksword said:
Am I the only here who isn't a Warlock fanboy? I thought it was pretty clear that Warlock was a joke, just something to keep the X-Men busy. A concept as silly and sci-fi as Warlock has no place in the more down to earth Ultimate titles. He was amusing in 616, but he fit in there amongst all the other silly junk.

I agree with you. I just thought it was cool as a cameo... as a cameo.

I don't want a full story involving him.

Latest posts

Back