UXM #58 Syndicate Discussion (Spoilers)

Best issue in a long time!

It was good to see that Syndicate wasn't just thrown away by the issue's end. To be honest, I was skeptical of him at first, only because he appeared to be a flat character that would serve in a very tedious story just to expan Xavier's movement all the more, and, although that happened, it was better than I expected. He's a much better character now that he's going to last outside of this issue and I can't wait to see where he goes. Will he recruit anyone else?

Also, the Hellfire Club becoming more of a threat was amazing. I'm expecting to see them soon, too, because there's a reason Vaughan brought it up. I think that having Syndicate going after them at the end was definitely an indication that he'd be showing up again says the Hellfire Club will be around. I mean, they may be indirectly attacking the X-Men, but they are attacking him nonetheless, which is not something they should've done. ;)

Wow, Xavier was something... He trusts a criminal and is willing to manipulate people like he did. He's got this arrogance to him due to his powers that definitely gives him a nasty streak. I want more! That comment at the end about the world being his classroom sent shivers down my spine... I'm thinking he's under the impression that he can do whatever he wants!

Very cool issue.

Since the very first issue of The Most Dangerous Game, I've been really enjoying UXM.

I thought this issue was really good. Just cuz the X-Men team only made a cameo don't mean nothin'. Xavier is also a part of the X-Men. You can't forget that.

It wasnt bad, dont like syndacite, not a fan of Xavier, but the artist was good. See? Im possitive!

Anyways, an interesting note is that this issue happened quite a while after the previous one, as Dazzler, Nightcrawler and Colossus are fighting Warlock after being suspended for the semester

Apparently, Steve Dillon is one of the most highly-sought-after pencillers, simply because he always manages to get everything into the panel that needs to be there, and leave space for speech bubbles, and make it easy to read. Basically, he does his job. Style - a bit iffy. It's good, but not everyone's cup of tea. Craft - top-notch.

Goodwill said:
Wow, Xavier was something... He trusts a criminal and is willing to manipulate people like he did. He's got this arrogance to him due to his powers that definitely gives him a nasty streak. I want more! That comment at the end about the world being his classroom sent shivers down my spine... I'm thinking he's under the impression that he can do whatever he wants!
Honestly, I don't believe this is really any different from how Vaughn characterized 616-Xavier during his run on the Mystique solo series. With total confidence, Professor X roped in a known mutant criminal to do his black-ops dirty work, for the greater sake of his dream. It's no different, methinks, in terms of his actions... it's just presented with a slightly more ominous tone here.

Bass said:
Apparently, Steve Dillon is one of the most highly-sought-after pencillers, simply because he always manages to get everything into the panel that needs to be there, and leave space for speech bubbles, and make it easy to read. Basically, he does his job. Style - a bit iffy. It's good, but not everyone's cup of tea. Craft - top-notch.

I agree Dillon is way over hyped.

As for Xavier. He's not looking at these people as criminals he's looking at them as mutants who need guidance just as he would Cyclops. I think he just feels every mutant needs to be taking steps in the right direction.

Yes, Dillon's work was good for the one issue, but I wouldn't want him to do an entire arc or whatever, especially in this issue. I don't think his style really fits the mold of an Ultimate title, especially Ultimate X-Men. He did well with what he had on his plate, I'll give him that, but let's keep Immonen around. ;)

I don't know why you wouldn't like Syndicate, really. I wouldn't have liked them if it wasn't for Vaughan pulling him up a few notches when he pretty much said that he was going to continue to use him. I really think this'll add to their character down the line. I mean, he's going after the Hellfire Club... I don't know how he's going to do it without taking lives, but we'll have to see. It'll be interesting.

Also, the Warlock fight was interesting, although, I would've liked more of an explanation. Maybe there will be something said about it later? Also, was Angel in that splash?

Goodwill said:
Yes, Dillon's work was good for the one issue, but I wouldn't want him to do an entire arc or whatever, especially in this issue. I don't think his style really fits the mold of an Ultimate title, especially Ultimate X-Men. He did well with what he had on his plate, I'll give him that, but let's keep Immonen around. ;)

Id prefer Dillon to Immonen (not that theres anything wrong with Immonen)

:rockon:

Nurhachi said:
Id prefer Dillon to Immonen (not that theres anything wrong with Immonen)

Same here. Dillon's art is better than Immonen's. Some complain that Immonen's is "too cartoony", and when they get someone, even though it was only for one issue, they still are not really in favor of the art.

I like the way that Dillon draws his character better than Immonen does. It looks better overall, really, to me.

icemastertron said:
Same here. Dillon's art is better than Immonen's. Some complain that Immonen's is "too cartoony", and when they get someone, even though it was only for one issue, they still are not really in favor of the art.

I like the way that Dillon draws his character better than Immonen does. It looks better overall, really, to me.

icemastertron said:
He was, when he was with the New Mutants before he died.
i have not read #58 , but is it really warlock or someone with the same name.
does he have the same look as the 616 warlock. please let me know.

I like Dillon, but Immonen's work of late, I think, is terrific. It's so clear and crystalline. Top-notch work he's doing at the moment. I have a big feeling that he in particular, is one of the reasons I didn't find UFF: Doom slow and why my interest in UXM suddenly went into high-gear during The Most Dangerous Game. I just love to see his work.

Well, again, no name was mentioned, so, for all we know, that could be Ultimate Apocolype making a reappearance (;)), but, as Ice has said, the character resembles Warlock through and through. Like I said, I'd definitely like to see this character elaborated on.

Goodwill said:
Well, again, no name was mentioned, so, for all we know, that could be Ultimate Apocolype making a reappearance (;)), but, as Ice has said, the character resembles Warlock through and through. Like I said, I'd definitely like to see this character elaborated on.

We didn't really need a name. It was definitely Warlock. I thought the cameo was good enough.

Latest posts

Back