UXM #61 Discussion (Spoilers)

The Captain said:
who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game.

Lookit all the chess allusions! I'm tellin' ya - Magneto is the White King. Emma's working for him.

So, so tired of Magneto. I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain he isn't the only villian the X-Men fight. I'm really hoping that after this arc the character is put to bed for a very very long time. Considering all that the man has done to the world in a short time span if he is simply captured and returned to prison at the end of this arc, and not shot in the back of the head by Fury, for the purpose of protecting the continued existence of the human race, well, I will have lost some respect for the author. Honestly, how much crap can one man be allowed to do before someone like Fury would pull the trigger on them? If they don't kill him, however, maybe he could be carted out like a kind of mutant Hannibel Lecter but I hope that this character doesn't make a significant appears for a long time.

TheManWithoutFear said:
*COUGH COUGH*Maybe Reed Richards is the one who let's Magneto live after Ultimate Future Magneto helps them in the crossover arc *Cough*

I'm so giddy with all this crossover/tie-in madness.

You and me both. I can't wait for the next few months! Every Ultimate title with the exception of Spider-Man has me extremely excited, and at least Spidey has the game coming out in September. But most of all, I'm looking forward to 2006 so we can finally read Ultimate Extinction.

I definitely think that Emma Frost is going to be more than just a mutant pacifist. I do like the idea that she is trying to free Magneto.

ProjectX2 said:
Probably other. Or an alternate one.

But I hope Spidey appears in UXM...

Spider-Man is probably the most likely to show up. Remember Vaughan said that he was going to wrap up both Bendis' and Millar's run? Well, in Bendis' run, we got to see a lot of Spider-Man... Perhaps there is closure to that. Who knows.

I am curious though to see the interaction between the X-Men and The Ultimates. I mean, I dont think these guys have seen each other since Ultimate War, right? Bet there still som tension there.... :D

icemastertron said:
I am curious though to see the interaction between the X-Men and The Ultimates. I mean, I dont think these guys have seen each other since Ultimate War, right? Bet there still som tension there.... :D
I think it would be a really cool run on plot if The Ultimates and X-Men (Not Xavier and Fury but the actual teams) didn't get a long. What about Ultimate Nightmare wasn't that before Ultimate War?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think it would be a really cool run on plot if The Ultimates and X-Men (Not Xavier and Fury but the actual teams) didn't get a long. What about Ultimate Nightmare wasn't that before Ultimate War?

Ultimate Nightmare came out after Ultimate War, and it also takes place after UW in the Ultimate Timeline.

DIrishB said:
Ultimate Nightmare came out after Ultimate War, and it also takes place after UW in the Ultimate Timeline.
Yeah. And just so its clear, I meant the whole team of UXM and Ultimates, not just some members or whatever. I mean, the Ultimates no longer have Thor at their side. No more Hulk they can manipulate into using. No Falcon (even though he wasnt an ultimate, but->) to poke Colossus's eyes. Jean isn't going nutso anymore. The X-Men can so woop their *** again, and hand it back for a second time in a silver platter.

And maybe now Logan wont fall for that "Jim" call again. Wolverine isnt THAT stupid to fall for it more than twice.

icemastertron said:
Yeah. And just so its clear, I meant the whole team of UXM and Ultimates, not just some members or whatever. I mean, the Ultimates no longer have Thor at their side. No more Hulk they can manipulate into using.

Thats assuming the X-Men's timeline has caught up to the Ultimates 2. I don't think it has yet for several reasons, most of them being the continued appearances by Wolverine in USM. I still think the USM and the UXM timelines are still in the past (2003), where the Ultimates and UFF are caught up to 2004.

So technically speaking, Hulk probably wouldn't show cuz he's imprisoned in the Triskelion at this time, but Thor could still be on the team. We'll have to wait and see what version of the Ultimates show up to know for sure. Though, admittedly, I kind of think they might use the Ultimates 2 version of the team in this arc, as they've already shown up in UFF, so maybe the UXM timeline has caught up to the rest, leaving USM by its lonesome.

DIrishB said:
Thats assuming the X-Men's timeline has caught up to the Ultimates 2. I don't think it has yet for several reasons, most of them being the continued appearances by Wolverine in USM. I still think the USM and the UXM timelines are still in the past (2003), where the Ultimates and UFF are caught up to 2004.

So technically speaking, Hulk probably wouldn't show cuz he's imprisoned in the Triskelion at this time, but Thor could still be on the team. We'll have to wait and see what version of the Ultimates show up to know for sure. Though, admittedly, I kind of think they might use the Ultimates 2 version of the team in this arc, as they've already shown up in UFF, so maybe the UXM timeline has caught up to the rest, leaving USM by its lonesome.
Ohhh, ok. I was automatically thinking of the current Ultimates.....

Has Magneto been mentioned in Ultimates 2 yet?

All this continuity stuff is giving me a headache...

Let's hear it for the return of Northstar, everyone! :lol: C'mon!

Great issue! Loved how Bobby was emailing Rogue while going out with Kitty, and being caught by doing something as stupid as sending it to the wrong person hahhahahaha aaaah that hits close to home :? Face it Ice, your heroes a playa!

I also like Emma's team (Hellions? or New Mutants?) and there costumes are cool (and colour coded :p) The Polaris bit was awesome and im eagerly awaiting the next issue.

But Immomen sux :p

Latest posts

Back