V for Vendetta comic (spoilers)

Re: V for Vendetta (spoilers)

My comic shop is giving away 10 graphic novels of it in this newspaper contest where you have to name the actress that plays Evey.

I'm going to try win another copy.

I finished it. It took me nearly all day to read. Mostly cause I'm ill and havn't been able to read it without stopping. I enjoyed it a lot. Some parts were confusing with trying to follow who all the characters were considering they looked a like. I liked Finch's character.

It was pretty different from the movie but the movie still captured the feel and meaning of it. The art was very good for being that old. I hate classic art in comics. It ruins the whole thing for me but this wasn't bad at all. I noticed they never mentioned Guy Fawkes or November 5th. It didn't seem to have the same meaning as the movie. I was in awe at all the v's and how the were used. With the room 5, all the speech, and all the other hidden things. It's hard to think that this was written before I was born.

A-

how many ( and what) issues are in the trade? Im picking it up tommorow...

Lithium said:
how many ( and what) issues are in the trade? Im picking it up tommorow...

It's the entire story. It's kind of funny because when it was originally released it wasn't in issues, they were backup stories in a magazine (the name of which escapes me at the moment) that were just a few pages long. If I recall correctly DC picked it up and started putting it out in issues, then in a collection after it was finished.

Yep, it was originally published in Warrior Magazine, along with Miracleman, and each part was released in 6-8 pages at a time.

I think it made up 10 issues or something.

I read that V was suppose to be called The Doll Man to begin with.

The Doll Man latered appeared in Promethea. That's a cool little tidbit of information.

thee great one said:
I think it made up 10 issues or something.

I read that V was suppose to be called The Doll Man to begin with.

The Doll Man latered appeared in Promethea. That's a cool little tidbit of information.

The Painted Doll appeared in Promethea, and was a cool villain.

Latest posts

Back