V for Vendetta comic (spoilers)

Re: V for Vendetta (spoilers)

Ultimate Houde said:
I love how Movie Critics are saying this is an orignal work of fiction by the WalaMatrix bros.

Yes, but I'm going to buy my own copy of V For Vendetta and Watchmen just for Alan Moore. Goddamn Matrix twins.

iceman said:
*narrows eyes*

i'm tired.

and he has a +1 headband of intellect. you just don't see it in the picture. that's because he's also wearing a hat of disguise, and his disguise is simply him without a +1 headband of intellect or a hat of disguise.

*shakes head*

Headband of intellect gives bonus in multiplier of 2 (+2, +4 etc.).

Geez, what kind of geek gamers are we breeding these days? Soon they won't even be able to quote from memory the armor modifier of mithril chain shirt or the range of a fireball cast by an 11th wizard.

Sad days. Alan Moore would be ashamed of you.

Last edited:

Bass said:
Oh, Mooney would convert to lint if you stuck Alan Moore on it.
*looks around feverishly*

WHERE?!
His avatar changes every second.

*clicks fingers*

*clicks fingers*

*clicks fingers*

*clicks fingers*

You can stop it. Dial 0800-WEGUILT-YOURMONEY-OUTOF-YOU55
My avatar does not change every second.

Its more like 3 seconds.

moonmaster said:
My avatar does not change every second.

Its more like 3 seconds.
...And there it goes...

E.Vi.L. said:
*shakes head*

Headband of intellect gives bonus in multiplier of 2 (+2, +4 etc.).

Geez, what kind of geek gamers are we breeding these days? Soon they won't even be able to quote from memory the armor modifier of mithril chain shirt or the range of a fireball cast by an 11th wizard.

Sad days. Alan Moore would be ashamed of you.

*narrows eyes*

you'll pay.

*blows up parliament*

Reason #10008445792308590 why Alan Moore is a fantastic Comic Book Writer...

The first three pages of Watchmen took 12 pages of script to write. That's how much detail and symbolism and foreshadowing he puts into each and every panel...

I just finished Volume 1.

Very entertaining.

I finished it all. :shock:

This was a vastly voluminous version... I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore, as I suffer from vertigo.

Awesome. Pure awesomeness.

After seeing the movie, I wanted to reread the comic. And I can't find it!

I'm in a state of complete panic right now and tearing the house apart!

ARRG!

thee great one said:
I ordered this with Watchmen from Amazon.

That's some shipment that's going to arrive.

I imagine there being triumphant music with angels singing as you open the box...

I hope I like Watchman. I loathe old art. It ruins the whole thing. Like I couldn;t read Year One and Dark Knights Strike because of that.

thee great one said:
I hope I like Watchman. I loathe old art. It ruins the whole thing. Like I couldn;t read Year One and Dark Knights Strike because of that.

I hate old art too, but the art is pretty good in Watchmen. It's just the colours that put me off, they're too bright sometimes.

it helps set tone.

There isn't a single primary color in the book except for Yellow, everything else is off a shade or two.

ProjectX2 said:
I hate old art too, but the art is pretty good in Watchmen. It's just the colours that put me off, they're too bright sometimes.

Word.

Art good, colors bad.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Reason #10008445792308590 why Alan Moore is a fantastic Comic Book Writer...

The first three pages of Watchmen took 12 pages of script to write. That's how much detail and symbolism and foreshadowing he puts into each and every panel...

I know. Who else bothers to do that much work? It's so ****ing rare.

President Bush. That's who.

.......I don't know what I mean either.

From Newsarama:

It's a commonly held belief among the cynical within the industry – movie adaptations of comics and graphic novels don't help the comics themselves, and they certainly don't bring new people into comics.

Last year's sales of Sin City volumes around and after the release of Sin City started to squash this idea, and this year, V for Vendetta is doing it, big time.

Since before the movie saw its release on March 17th, the trade paperback edition of Alan Moore and David Lloyd's V for Vendetta has been sailing out of bookstores and comic shops, racking up some impressive numbers, according to a variety of indices.

Last week, for example, the trade was #4 for trade paperback fiction and #1 in graphic novels sales at Barnes and Noble; #10 trade paperback fiction and #1 in graphic novel sales at Borders/Waldenbooks; #3 overall and #1 in graphic novel sales at Amazon.com; and at # 8 on the BookScan Adult Fiction Trade Paperback list for the week ending March 26, 2006. The trade also debuted at #89 on USA Today's bestseller list, and moved up to #40 this week. Additionally, in terms of comic shops, the V for Vendetta trade was the #1 reorder title for the week of March 14th-20th, according to Diamond.

Since a collection of V first went into print in 1988, DC Comics has printed over 500,000 copies of the volume – and that number keeps growing.

Latest posts

Back