Valiant Relaunch

TWO Quantum and Woody books!!? AND Rai!!? AND Eternal Warrior!!?

opop66885qop.gif

Valiant Launches Five New Titles

"Ivar, Timewalker" by Fred Van Lente and Clayton Henry launching in January.
"Divinity," a four issue miniseries by Matt Kindt and Trevor Hairsine launching in February
"Imperium" by Joshua Dysart and Doug Braithwaite launching in February
"Ninjak" by Matt Kindt and Clay Mann launching in March.
"Bloodshot Reborn" by Jeff Lemire and Mico Suayan launching in April.

Last edited:
Here's the Divinity #1 solicit:

DIVINITY #1 (of 4)
At the height of the Cold War, the Soviet Union – determined to win the Space Race at any cost – green lit a dangerously advanced mission. They sent a man farther into the cosmos than anyone has gone before or since. Lost in the stars, he encountered something unknown. Something that...changed him.

Long thought lost and erased from the history books, he has suddenly returned, crash-landing in the Australian Outback. The few that have been able to reach him believe him to be a deity -– one who turned the scorched desert into a lush oasis. They say he can bend matter, space, and even time to his will. Earth is about to meet a new god. And he's a communist.

How long can it be before the first confrontation between mankind and DIVINITY begins?

From New York Times best-selling writer Matt Kindt and blockbuster artist Trevor Hairsine comes a shocking new vision of 21st century science fiction in an all-new prestige format limited series.

Sounds awesome!

Preview for Ivar, Timewalker #2:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/23/early-first-look-ivar-timwalker-2-valiant/

Enjoying this book a lot. While the first issue was mostly set up, it did a good job of it, and it definitely has a noticeable Doctor Who vibe without ripping it off and still being very much it's own thing, and taking advantage of the various time periods available in the Valiant universe (some recognizable like the 4001 AD era from Rai and Eternal Warrior, most totally new).

But any time travel story which features the line "Let's kill Hitler!" is automatically awesome in my book, especially within the context of showing/explaining how paradoxes in time are an impossibility. Eager to see how Van Lente handles that.

Valiant best reviewed publisher...

Just sayin'...

Granted Valiant only publishes a fraction of the number of titles Marvel, DC, and Image do, and the scores of the publishers are all quite close overall, but Valiant does come out on top with an average 8.2/10 score for their books.

That's impressive, especially for a company that's only been putting out books for 2 1/2 years.

Valiant signs film deal with DMG to finance their upcoming cinematic universe

I can't wait to see an Archer & Armstrong movie. Looks like Shadowman and Bloodshot are up first.

Archer & Armstrong will be the third Valiant title to be developed as a movie, following supernatural adventure series Shadowman—again developed in conjunction with the Sean Daniel Company, with J. Michael Straczynski scripting—and Bloodshot, which is set up at Sony with Matthew Vaughn attached and a script by Jeff Wadlow.

Last edited:
Started reading the old Quantum and Woody. Light years above the current stuff. If the rest of old Valiant is this good I might be able to get into this.

Started reading the old Quantum and Woody. Light years above the current stuff. If the rest of old Valiant is this good I might be able to get into this.

The original Valiant was good for awhile, then went to complete crap, much like the Ultimate universe.

But you haven't read Divinity, or Imperium, or Ivar Timewalker, or Dr. Mirage... so you haven't even scratched the surface of the best of the new Valiant books.

The original Valiant was good for awhile, then went to complete crap, much like the Ultimate universe.

But you haven't read Divinity, or Imperium, or Ivar Timewalker, or Dr. Mirage... so you haven't even scratched the surface of the best of the new Valiant books.

I read Dr. Mirage. It was good. I don't really remember much about it though. just that I enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back