Valiant Relaunch

Funnier than Liberal yes. Liberal humor tends to be too politically correct/not agreeing with my view points. I had a big thing typed out but, again, not the place for this.

Seriously? Conservatives are ripe for parody, far more so than Liberals, merely on the basis of how hypocritical and paper thin their ideology is. Not to say Liberals don't deserve some level of satire, but Conservatives are just loaded full bore for it. I mean, come on, figureheads like Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, they're just aching to be made fun of.

And seriously, if you are willing to get into a Liberal vs Conservative political debate, please, PMs are a perfectly viable form for that. I leave the floor open to you for it, as I'd love to get into that.

Seriously? Conservatives are ripe for parody, far more so than Liberals, merely on the basis of how hypocritical and paper thin their ideology is. Not to say Liberals don't deserve some level of satire, but Conservatives are just loaded full bore for it. I mean, come on, figureheads like Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, they're just aching to be made fun of.

And seriously, if you are willing to get into a Liberal vs Conservative political debate, please, PMs are a perfectly viable form for that. I leave the floor open to you for it, as I'd love to get into that.

I don't think this is going to go the way you think it is...

DIB, I've read 182 issues of Valiant. Last time I asked you where you were you said you were about to read the Drift miniseries which gives you 118 Transformers read. Furthermore Valiant has FAR more titles that are currently on-going than IDW does as far as Transformers is concerned which means eventually Valiant will eclipse the total IDW has had period. I believe we had a gentleman's agreement that we were to follow?

TL;DR

DIB, I've read 182 issues of Valiant. Last time I asked you where you were you said you were about to read the Drift miniseries which gives you 118 Transformers read. Furthermore Valiant has FAR more titles that are currently on-going than IDW does as far as Transformers is concerned which means eventually Valiant will eclipse the total IDW has had period. I believe we had a gentleman's agreement that we were to follow? TL;DR

I'm holding my end up. I've taken a temporary break from TF but I'll get back into it in the next week or so, now that I've gotten to Lvl 30 in SW-TOR. I'll be playing less often so I can stretch it out before finishing the game's main story.

Plus with Primacy now coming out I want to read that and finish up the remaining TF issues to get to the current stuff. I'm not backing out, I'm determined and insanely stubborn. I'll get caught up this week. Or at least knock out a good 50 or so issues in the next couple weeks. That should put me well into the MtMtE and RiD runs.

DIB, I've read 182 issues of Valiant. Last time I asked you where you were you said you were about to read the Drift miniseries which gives you 118 Transformers read. Furthermore Valiant has FAR more titles that are currently on-going than IDW does as far as Transformers is concerned which means eventually Valiant will eclipse the total IDW has had period. I believe we had a gentleman's agreement that we were to follow? TL;DR

Also, how have you read 182 issues of Valiant?

Archer & Armstrong #1-23, #0, A&A - Archer #0 = 25
Armor Hunters #1-3, AH - Bloodshot #1, AH - Harbinger #1 = 5
Bloodshot #1-23, #0, Bloodshot & HC - HARD Corps #0 = 25
Eternal Warrior #1-8 = 8
Harbinger #1-25, #0, H - Bleeding Monk #0, H - Omegas #1 = 28
Harbinger Wars #1-4 = 4
Quantum & Woody #1-12, Q&W - Goat #0 = 13
Rai #1-3 = 3
Shadowman #1-16, #0, S - End Times #1-3 = 20
Unity #1-10 = 10
X-O Manowar #1-27 = 27

25 + 5 + 25 + 8 + 28 + 4 + 13 + 3 + 20 + 10 + 27 = 168 issues total

It could be argued there's 170 issues (or really 169) if you count Shadowman #13X and the Quantum & Woody Weekly stuff, but considering Shadowman #13X is only like an 8 page story and the Q&W Weekly is only seven 1-page stories, that doesn't even equal a full issue combined. And I know you haven't read Shadowman #13X because I'd completely forgotten to scan it and send it to you until now. Heh.

Somehow you've read 14 (or 13 if I'm being generous and counting Shadowman #13X and Q&W Weekly) more issues than have actually been printed... or you can't add. ;)

I've read over 145 issues of the Transformers series. You're not that far ahead. And I'll be surpassing your number within a few days, most likely.

Also, how have you read 182 issues of Valiant?

Archer & Armstrong #1-23, #0, A&A - Archer #0 = 25
Armor Hunters #1-3, AH - Bloodshot #1, AH - Harbinger #1 = 5
Bloodshot #1-23, #0, Bloodshot & HC - HARD Corps #0 = 25
Eternal Warrior #1-8 = 8
Harbinger #1-25, #0, H - Bleeding Monk #0, H - Omegas #1 = 28
Harbinger Wars #1-4 = 4
Quantum & Woody #1-12, Q&W - Goat #0 = 13
Rai #1-3 = 3
Shadowman #1-16, #0, S - End Times #1-3 = 20
Unity #1-10 = 10
X-O Manowar #1-27 = 27

25 + 5 + 25 + 8 + 28 + 4 + 13 + 3 + 20 + 10 + 27 = 168 issues total

It could be argued there's 170 issues (or really 169) if you count Shadowman #13X and the Quantum & Woody Weekly stuff, but considering Shadowman #13X is only like an 8 page story and the Q&W Weekly is only seven 1-page stories, that doesn't even equal a full issue combined. And I know you haven't read Shadowman #13X because I'd completely forgotten to scan it and send it to you until now. Heh.

Somehow you've read 14 (or 13 if I'm being generous and counting Shadowman #13X and Q&W Weekly) more issues than have actually been printed... or you can't add. ;)

I've read over 145 issues of the Transformers series. You're not that far ahead. And I'll be surpassing your number within a few days, most likely.

I probably added something twice. Most likely when I added HARD Corps I counted the issues of Bloodshot again. I was using Valiant's site to add and they have them separated. Actually, that's probably exactly what I did. It fits the math.

Did he go to all those stores just for the magazine, or the exclusive Shadowman issue that came with it? If it's the latter, I can understand. If it's the former, I absolutely can't.

Sigh. Magazine unfortunately. He's the one who likes all our pretty songs and he has all the Valiant titles. Ever. He didn't even know it was in there until he bought it.

Here's the November solicitations:

Bloodshot #25** (November 5, 2014)
Eternal Warrior - Days of Steel #1** (November 5, 2014)
The Death-Defying Doctor Mirage #3** (November 5, 2014)
Archer & Armstrong - The One Percent #1** (November 12, 2014)
Unity #12** (November 12, 2014)
X-O Manowar #30** (November 19, 2014)
Punk Mambo #0** (November 19, 2014)
The Delinquents #4** (November 26, 2014)

I was quite surprised by the Punk Mambo #0 solicitation. Not by anything in the solicitation itself, just by the fact it exists.

Two Shadowman spin-offs in one month: Dr. Mirage #3 and Punk Mambo #0.

Guess that means they're building up to Shadowman's return in some form, and an answer to the cliffhanger ending of the End Times mini and what's going on with Jack, Darque, etc.

Also, Bloodshot #25, Unity #12, and X-O #30 are all milestone issues of some sort.

And wyo, I know A&A-The One-Percent won't interest you, since it's obviously a liberal poke at conservatives. Figured the Shadowman spin off stuff might interest you, but I seem to remember you not liking Punk Mambo.

And wyo, I know A&A-The One-Percent won't interest you, since it's obviously a liberal poke at conservatives. Figured the Shadowman spin off stuff might interest you, but I seem to remember you not liking Punk Mambo.

It's not that I don't like Liberal jokes, because I do, it's that they're beating a long dead horse.

Last edited:
It's not that I don't like Liberal jokes, because I do, it's that they're beating a long dead horse.

Except the horse isn't dead, considering those issues are still very much alive and real: income inequality, basic rights being infringed (clean water in Detroit, voting rights being infringed in many places courtesy of Republican politicians, etc).

Except the horse isn't dead, considering those issues are still very much alive and real: income inequality, basic rights being infringed (clean water in Detroit, voting rights being infringed in many places courtesy of Republican politicians, etc).

The issues are but the jokes are long dead.

No, making jokes about 1% is beating a dead horse after OWS. Also I said I found The Ultimates 3 funny, I don't recall saying they were topical.

No, making jokes about 1% is beating a dead horse after OWS. Also I said I found The Ultimates 3 funny, I don't recall saying they were topical.

If the income inequality issue is still current, I'm not sure how satirizing it is "beating a dead horse". It's not like they were making Watergate jokes 40 years after the fact. Not addressing current issues leads to apathy and ignorance.

The jokes have lost their humor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back