Venom movie [pre-release discussion]

I'm considering banning anyone form this site who goes to see this.

I'm considering banning anyone form this site who goes to see this.

But if you do that. That would mean you would have to ban me. Think about this site with out me here? :please:

But if you do that. That would mean you would have to ban me. Think about this site with out me here? :please:

Maybe if you never, ever, EVER admit you saw it or discuss it in any way.

We can close this thread and pretend the movie never happened.

Maybe if you never, ever, EVER admit you saw it or discuss it in any way.

We can close this thread and pretend the movie never happened.

See people? Now you have to see this movie. Why? because "The man" is trying to keep you down by taking away your right to see it! So it has come to this Ultimate central, Two options :

1) Follow Along with Führer E's censorship. Sure today it is Venom. But as history has told with men like E it will not stop there. Today Venom, Tomorrow the next Batman film and then every movie!

2) Do not listen to the hatred that spews from his mouth and go watch Venom. By doing so you become a part of something bigger than yourself you become part of rebellion, A resistance for freedom, for your basic human rights.

Remember people, All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Venom : A movie for freedom!

:p

Gary Ross is writing "Venom," Columbia's "Spider-Man" spinoff based on one of the villains from "Spider-Man 3," as a potential directing vehicle. Ross is already writing "Spider-Man 4" for the studio.

In the comics, Venom is a gooey alien parasite that bonds with Peter Parker and later his newsroom rival, among other people, becoming one of more popular villains in "Spider-Man's" rogue gallery.

Topher Grace portrayed the character in the 2007 movie, which ended with both the human and the alien symbiote apparently destroyed in an explosion.

The studio had no comment on Grace's involvement nor on Ross writing the project.

Source

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12453

The plan is reportedly to hire a new writer to pen a new Venom screenplay and to have a different actor other than Grace play the role next time around.

There's also no word on whether or not the character would fit into the rebooted universe of The Amazing Spider-Man, but it would seem reasonable to assume that it will.

More http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/122/1220168p1.html

It's still happening! :D

It's still still happening.

It's set to come out October 5, 2018 and probably won't tie into the MCU.

Sigh... Come on Sony! Haven't you learned anything? Make Spider-Man 2 in 2019 and have Peter gain and lose the black symbiote. Then make a Venom movie in 2020. Don't rush this.

The more I think about this, the more upset I get.
Spider-Man is literally going into space next May (or at least encountering aliens). Why wouldn't they use that to introduce the black suit and then build it up in Spider-Man 2 (or Spider-Man: Prom, or whatever it will be called) which is coming out in 2019, and then do Venom in 2020?

Who do they have making these decisions and why isn't it me?

Because Sony makes terrible business plans and is going to crash. They just see something marketable.

Because Sony makes terrible business plans and is going to crash. They just see something marketable.

Exactly... But how do they not see the inherently larger marketability aspect of a Venom movie that ties directly into their new Spider-Man film series as opposed to a completely unrelated one as the info seems to suggest? It's truly incredible.

Captain Canuck literally gave a simple and perfect way of folding that into the existing plot of Infinity War. Hopefully this is the case and they don't waste such a perfect opportunity.

Exactly... But how do they not see the inherently larger marketability aspect of a Venom movie that ties directly into their new Spider-Man film series as opposed to a completely unrelated one as the info seems to suggest? It's truly incredible.

Captain Canuck literally gave a simple and perfect way of folding that into the existing plot of Infinity War. Hopefully this is the case and they don't waste such a perfect opportunity.

I'm imagining legally they can't connect it without Marvel's go-ahead and that would require them to wait.

I'm imagining legally they can't connect it without Marvel's go-ahead and that would require them to wait.

No doubt. But not wait long. Again, Infinity War is a little over a year away. A simple quick scene of symbiote slithering out of a vessel that Thanos presumably brings with him (maybe a troop carrier, doubtful he'll come alone even with the Gauntlet). Literally would occupy all of 10-15 seconds of screen time. Also a perfect mid or post credit scene so it doesn't disrupt flow of film itself.

Sony announced it for October 5, 2018, so we'll see. Maybe there will be such a tie-in, but it would be better to intro him as villain in Spidey movie first, then spin off into solo film. They're taking the WB/DCEU approach. Meh.

Sony is dumb.

Last edited:
No doubt. But not wait long. Again, Infinity War is a little over a year away. A simple quick scene of symbiote slithering out of a vessel that Thanos presumably brings with him (maybe a troop carrier, doubtful he'll come alone even with the Gauntlet). Literally would occupy all of 10-15 seconds of screen time. Also a perfect mid or post credit scene so it doesn't disrupt flow of film itself.

Sony is dumb.

That would require Marvel to want to do it, as far as we know Sony asked and Marvel said no. Venom is a pretty crap character after all.

Last edited:
That would require Marvel to want to do it, as far as we know Sony asked and Marvel said no. Venom is a pretty crap character after all.

I don't think that's an opinion widely held. You may be right that Sony tried to tie it in and Marvel said no, but it seems more likely that Sony said, "Hey, we've already done work on this and R-rated anti-hero comic movies are big right now. Let's do this!"

Latest posts

Back