Venom movie [pre-release discussion]

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I remember reading a year or 2 ago that another stuido has the rights to make Venom the movie. Now I thought at first how can you do venom with out spider-man? Then I thought what if they have decided to wait till spider-man 3 comes out. Venom is in that.

then a year later Venom the movie will come out. Like elektra from Daredevil movie.

What do you guys think?

Re: Venom!

I'm sure it will be horrible, regardless.

Damn I hope it's not canned. I love all things venom (he's my fave comic book charecter ever.) if It has not been canned You have to admit it has alot of promise. If it ages an age rating of R (i think in usa its that. like punisher was.) or (18) -(uk rating).
The blood
The violence
The Venom!

Yeah, last I heard this was canceled. There hasn't been any buzz about it starting up again, far as I know.

Planet-man said:
I don't get all these possible spinoffs of superhero flicks. None of them could ever work. I mean, Wolverine: The Movie? X-MEN was Wolverine: The Movie!
But now EVERY MILI-SECOND will be about Wolverine!

:lol:

The Elektra movie was based off a Wolverine/Elektra comic. They should of done the movie with the two of them. That way they have both spinoffs. It was possible since they are both done by Fox. It would of been a better movie.

Anyway. Venom movie would kick ***.

The studio who had the rights for Venom let them lapse, or Marvel didn't renew... I can't remember. Either way, that's what allowed them to hire Topher Grace to play Venom in Spidey 3, otherwise he wouldn't have legally been able to be in the movie. I remember all the speculation when the first Spidey flick blew up the box office, how so many insiders were pissed that they'd never see Venom because of Marvel's doling out licenses in the mid-nineties to fend off bankruptcy.

sjmole said:
I remember reading a year or 2 ago that another stuido has the rights to make Venom the movie. Now I thought at first how can you do venom with out spider-man? Then I thought what if they have decided to wait till spider-man 3 comes out. Venom is in that.

then a year later Venom the movie will come out. Like elektra from Daredevil movie.

What do you guys think?

As far as I know it was canceled. It got as far as planning stages. Newline was going to pick it up. I talked a little bit about this with DIrishB in the Spider-Man 3 movie thread before Ice told us to get back on topic. They were going to have it be a very, very dark film and have him fight Carnage. It's possible they could still do this. But then they'd have to relate it to Spider-Man. So I doubt it.

I will only embrace a Venom movie if it is a comedy that plays on the patent hilariousness of "The Lethal Protector"

And Eddie Brock is played by The Rock.

Damn I hope it's not canned. I love all things venom (he's my fave comic book charecter ever.) if It has not been canned You have to admit it has alot of promise. If it ages an age rating of R (i think in usa its that. like punisher was.) or (18) -(uk rating).
The blood
The violence
The Venom!

If you love Venom, you would not want this movie to be made.

Oh this should of been here but http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/aviarad.php He confirms a venom film is planned :D

As for
Random said:
No use trying to use logic on a fanboy
2 things.

1st) Any need for how you've been starting on me resonatly? Seriously last 2 weeks or so most of your posts have about me either directly insulting anything I say or do. Or making some snide comment like a child on the playground.

Not saying you need to agree and/or like everything or anything I say or do but your acting like a child

2nd) You would not actually need to o watch the film anyway why do you care? I see it like this. A Venom film while you may not like the idea let's people like myself who are fans of Venom and think in Spider-man 3 he was misused , Experience more of the charracter we love.

Hopefully it would make the Venom charracter closer to how he was in the comic and who knows may introduce someone like Carnage. Who while I don't like Carnage that much is a villain who has a lot of fans and is a part of the spider-man/venom relationship.

I personally do not like the charracter Green Arrow , If they do a Green arrow movie I won't watch it BUT I won't insult you guys for watching it as I understand you may like the charracter

Same thing with the justice league movie , I'll watch it as I like the league some times , But I won't be *****ing about the fact he's in it as many did with Venom in Spider-man 3.

For a second there i thought this thread was about me and my movie.

For a second there i thought this thread was about me and my movie.

No ,Your film is a direct to dvd film only using the word "Melendez" as a title due to a lawsuit with Sony over the rights to the name "Venom" :p

1st) Any need for how you've been starting on me resonatly? Seriously last 2 weeks or so most of your posts have about me either directly insulting anything I say or do. Or making some snide comment like a child on the playground.

Not saying you need to agree and/or like everything or anything I say or do but your acting like a child
I dont think I've been insulting you more than usual or mean enough for you to point it out, but I'll back down if its upsetting you this much
2nd) You would not actually need to o watch the film anyway why do you care?
I never said anything against this particular movie, just fanboys. But I am against spending good money and good talents on bad movies creating a further decline in western cinema. And a character like Venom would make money simply on the fan base rather than whether or not the movie is good. And since it's all about the almighty dollar, studios would continue producing crappy film based on something just to make money. The only really way to get more good quality films is to stop paying money for bad movies and start paying money for good ones. When I make a comment like "I dont want a Venom film cause it would be teh sux" I'm looking at the next 50 comic book based films than just this one. Always been a grand scheme type of guy.

Now I've always said that there [almost] no bad ideas, just bad execution and the likely hood of a Venom movie being cool is very low, but again who knows. I would need more proof of it's potential, but the initial idea reads negative for me.

I dont think I've been insulting you more than usual or mean enough for you to point it out, but I'll back down if its upsetting you this much
Not upsetting , It was just getting annoying , But thank you.

I never said anything against this particular movie, just fanboys.

Yeah 2nd wasn't just to you but the others responding how it would suck.

But I am against spending good money and good talents on bad movies creating a further decline in western cinema. And a character like Venom would make money simply on the fan base rather than whether or not the movie is good.

I agree that is because of the fan base , but that can work and still be good. E.g Terminator 2 was made due to the fan base of Terminator. (I know the answer to this will be So was Terminator 3 , but still :lol: )

And since it's all about the almighty dollar, studios would continue producing crappy film based on something just to make money. The only really way to get more good quality films is to stop paying money for bad movies and start paying money for good ones. When I make a comment like "I dont want a Venom film cause it would be teh sux" I'm looking at the next 50 comic book based films than just this one. Always been a grand scheme type of guy.

Well in my opinion it can't be worse than Superman returns , Catwoman , Batman and Robin , Howard the duck , Hulk or Fantastic four 2. So might be average but still fun for fans

Now I've always said that there [almost] no bad ideas

Digitally changing the ghost at the end of ROTJ to be young anakin in robes he never wore has to be one bad one right?

Making Galacatus a cloud

But yeah you said almost I just really hate those :lol:

just bad execution and the likely hood of a Venom movie being cool is very low, but again who knows. I would need more proof of it's potential, but the initial idea reads negative for me.

The Venom Movie honestly I expect 99% of this board to hate it. Not because I think it'll be bad but because I think it'll be one of those "if you don't like the character , you won't like the film" deals. If that makes sense

There was already a Venom movie, it was about swamps or something.
It was about a guy who went on a killing spree in some country town because he died when some car went over a bridge that had possesed snakes that ended up biting up (leading to the killing).

Saw it on TV during the summer. One of the worst movies ever.

This will very likely be like that (in awefulness).

Latest posts

Back