Veronica Mars *SPOILERS*

I know. And they aren't optioning the Veronica Mars 4-years ahead jump either. No Veronica in any form.

I am very sad. This was such a great show.

I'm especially mad that the show won't have time to ramp up one last kick-*** long arc to the finish.

Oh well, good while it lasted.

I thinking of re-renting the first 2 seasons on DVD again. Although it might be kinda pointless and less entertaining since I already know how the mystery ends.

Still....when it's all said and done...this was one of the smarter written shows and the mysteries were all topnotch. Veronica was like Batman with perky breasts.

Anyone who's a mystery fan should definitely give the show a shot.

Is it still stand alone enough to watch?

Cause I'm interested in it.

What do you mean stand alone?

The way the show works is that there is a main mystery thru the whole season....and individual mysteries each episode. And along the way there might be a second major mystery that helps with the investigation of the first main mystery. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Here's a layout---

Season 1 revolves around the murder of Veronica's best friend. That is the big mystery. Amongst that mystery you have the mystery of the week for each episode.

Season 2 revolves around 2 major mysteries. The first being what did Logan Echols really do that night......and the second mystery appears at the end of the first episode of Season 2.

Season 3 shows Veronica starting college. This time they flip the format a bit and we get "arcs". There are 3 mysteries....but instead of them overlapping like the previous 2 seasons....each of the 3 big mysteries are presented in arc format. You get the mystery of the week of course...but you have the major mystery. Once the first major mystery is solved....another major one pops up.....then once that is concluded....you get the next.

I'm gonna be truthful here TOG. I honestly think you'd like it. Despite it being aired along with Gilmore Girls...this show is not girlish. It is genuinely awesome.

What do you mean stand alone?

The way the show works is that there is a main mystery thru the whole season....and individual mysteries each episode. And along the way there might be a second major mystery that helps with the investigation of the first main mystery. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Here's a layout---

Season 1 revolves around the murder of Veronica's best friend. That is the big mystery. Amongst that mystery you have the mystery of the week for each episode.

Season 2 revolves around 2 major mysteries. The first being what did Logan Echols really do that night......and the second mystery appears at the end of the first episode of Season 2.

Season 3 shows Veronica starting college. This time they flip the format a bit and we get "arcs". There are 3 mysteries....but instead of them overlapping like the previous 2 seasons....each of the 3 big mysteries are presented in arc format. You get the mystery of the week of course...but you have the major mystery. Once the first major mystery is solved....another major one pops up.....then once that is concluded....you get the next.

I'm gonna be truthful here TOG. I honestly think you'd like it. Despite it being aired along with Gilmore Girls...this show is not girlish. It is genuinely awesome.

I mean by the fact that I can watch all three seasons and not be pissed at sudden cliffhangers of anything that will never be resolved.

For the most part....yeah. The 2 hour series finale is this Tuesday coming up. So we'll see how that plays out.

Did they plan it as a series finale or for another season?

Like I don't mind the Angel series finale, cause I thought he knew it was ending and that was his ending.

Well....Kristen Bell is like 26 in real life. The creator Rob Thomas (writer/producer----not the singer) mentioned that he can't have her go thru another 3 years of college drama. Instead he opted that the show take a more adult turn and skip ahead 4 years with a new supporting cast and feature Veronica starting out in the FBI.

As far as finales go with the show---they don't leave stuff unresolved. The season finales wrap up nicely and the new seasons always kick off several months down the line to make it seem like the characters have some sort of normalcy in their lives.

So it's safe to assume that the finale will wrap-up everything nicely as far as the season goes.....but might leave some stuff open-ended like Angel was in terms of series.

I think you're safe to check it out.

Well....Kristen Bell is like 26 in real life. The creator Rob Thomas (writer/producer----not the singer) mentioned that he can't have her go thru another 3 years of college drama. Instead he opted that the show take a more adult turn and skip ahead 4 years with a new supporting cast and feature Veronica starting out in the FBI.

As far as finales go with the show---they don't leave stuff unresolved. The season finales wrap up nicely and the new seasons always kick off several months down the line to make it seem like the characters have some sort of normalcy in their lives.

So it's safe to assume that the finale will wrap-up everything nicely as far as the season goes.....but might leave some stuff open-ended like Angel was in terms of series.

I think you're safe to check it out.

Sweet. TV Links, here I come.

I was going to watch Buffy/Angel on TV Links, but episode 2 of Buffy is dead, so I'll probably start watching this instead.

A very approriate ending to an awesome show.

Marred by controversy and rumors about it's cancellation, it looked as if fans of the show were gonna go into tonight's finale blind as to whether it was just a season finale or a series finale.

Well the news came late last week that the CW's Batman With Boobs would not be renewed and would not be coming back as a new show with the same character. The news wounded many a fans.....this one included.

I came about Veronica Mars outta sheer boredom. Upon my return from Florida last October---in the middle of my divorce I was able to lay claim to the Blockbuster Online account (yeah...it can get that petty in divorce). With no cable coming anytime soon---I figured now would be the time to watch all the TV shows I was mildly interested in but never watched because it interfere with married TV time. I remember being obsessed with Kristen Bell at the time and decided to give the show a shot on DVD.

I think it was the theme song of the show that actually got me hooked. I was about 3 episodes into the DVD and I took a break to put away some dishes as I unpacked into my new single-man apartment....when all of a sudden I found myself singing the theme to Veronica Mars. Weird.

The further I got into the DVD the more I noticed the ongoing mystery in addition to the standard murder of the week. It'd been a long time since I'd seen a show so smartly written. By disc 3 of the 6 disc---I was obsessed with this show. I couldn't get thru season 1 and 2 quick enough. As a matter of fact--I finished the final epsiode of season 2 like 20 minutes before the season 3 premiere.

I'm not gonna go into a huge long summary of the show...because nobody here really watches it. But I hope you guys do. The show ended almost the same way it began......not with Veronica walking down the street.....but with the theme that Veronica and her father share a special bond that no one but them will really be able to understand and that regardless of the situation---there isn't anything they wouldn't do for each other.

Several loose ends got tied up...a couple endings left lingering....but all in all a great ending to a great show. I'm gonna miss that theme song.

Latest posts

Back