Veronica Mars *SPOILERS*

Veronica Mars as a comic?

I don't know how I feel about this. But I'll definately give it a read.
**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I've been suggesting this as a possibility for AGES now. It's a (relatively) inexpensive way for Rob Thomas to keep the property going. He's already got experience writing for prose novels, and TV; I think he could sufficiently make the transition to comics.

Plus, there's no shortage of artists whose style matches the tone of the series. Off the top of my head, I can think of Mark Andreyko, Michael Lark, Tommy Lee Edwards, Michael Gaydos, even Mike Oeming. Heck, even ONE David Mack-illustrated story would seem appropriate for Veronica Mars.

Pitch this show to me, I can't decide whether or not to pick it up.
I was gonna say that THIS is all you need to know:
Veronica was like Batman with perky breasts.
But somehow I don't think that would be adequate to sell you on the concept :p

I'll think of a more detailed way to explain my love for the show, in a few hours time.

I've heard it described as Buffy the Vampire slayer with no supernatural stuff crossed with a very good (and short) Noir Crime Drama. This is accurate.

More importantly, I read in an interview that it was Joss Whedon's favorite show on T.V.

The fact that I love BtVS and worship at the Shrine of Whedon, nevermind my hearty enjoyment of good Detective Noir, I gave the show a try.

It was everything I hoped for and more.

It also has the most touching father/daughter relationship I've seen on T.V.
One of the most complex and well-developed supporting casts since...Buffy and Angel I guess.

And Kristen Bell as Veronica Mars--she is in fact Batman with Perky Breasts.

If you didn't like Buffy don't let that scare you away. I never got into Buffy or Angel and I still really liked it.

I think the show wouldn't have been near as good without Kristen Bell. She was perfect for the role.

**** YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like I've been suggesting this as a possibility for AGES now. It's a (relatively) inexpensive way for Rob Thomas to keep the property going. He's already got experience writing for prose novels, and TV; I think he could sufficiently make the transition to comics.
I really don't see why it's foregone conclusion to be fannishly excited for Hollywood properties getting a second life in comics. Granted, it's good news for stuff that didn't get to mine out all the writing potential, but I think shows like Veronica Mars (Firefly as well) earn a lot of their charm from their actors.

I have no doubts that Thomas and his team could turn in excellent writing, that the art could be mighty fine, and that the comic medium means that production budget is a nigh-non-existent factor, but you'd be losing the sparkle and sass of the actors that just CAN'T be replaced.

Also, the overwhelming talent of artists Lark, Edwards, Gaydos and Oeming would STILL not be able to create a Kristen Bell that VVD could masturbate to.

Oh who am I kidding: Oeming's Calista from Powers? I'd hit it.

I really don't see why it's foregone conclusion to be fannishly excited for Hollywood properties getting a second life in comics. Granted, it's good news for stuff that didn't get to mine out all the writing potential, but I think shows like Veronica Mars (Firefly as well) earn a lot of their charm from their actors.

I agree about that totally, especially with the Buffy comic... Which still isnt working all that well for me... but then again, I am a crazy person.

I agree about that totally, especially with the Buffy comic... Which still isnt working all that well for me... but then again, I am a crazy person.
Actually, the fact that he sees doing Firefly --- cast and crew included --- as still a remote possibility is one of the reasons that Joss Whedon has limited its presence in comic and novel spin-offs.

But with Buffy, Whedon has said that since all the actors have pretty much moved on with their careers and lives is one of the reasons (and that it's been a handful of years since the series finale) why he did the Season 8 comics.

I just came.

07-kristengetsoutofvvdscar.jpg

This is Kristen Bell, getting out of your car. :D

I am seriously trying to decide on whether or not I want to own the show on DVD.

It's a great show. But the problem is that it is a detective story. And once the mystery is solved...I have no real desire to see it again because the suspenseful magic is gone. I already know who the killer is. I already know who stole the money.

So I could buy this on DVD. But I doubt I'm gonna want to watch it again.

I think I'm just reeling from no more Veronica.

Heroes Season 2 needs to hurry up and get here. I'm gonna go watch "Reefer Madness".

The best solution to all that is watching the show again with people who DONT know, because it becomes almost just as fun watching all the clues work together as they watch it.

That's what I'm doing with Shade, at least.

Nobody I know is awesome enough to watch it with. And I can't watch it with the girlfriend because she knows how much I love Kristen Bell.

Plus the girlfriend doesn't watch any TV shows other than "The L Word" and "Weeds".

Ugh.....I need some new awesomer friends.

I watched the first 5 episodes tonight.

I loved it from the first episode.

Paris Hilton. Ugh. Why?

I guess it balanced that they used Korn is the same episode. :D

The Lily murder is very interesting. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

I now have a major infatuation with Kristen Bell.

Great show.

Welcome to the fold.

You can find Kristen Bell hot without seeing "Veronica Mars"....but now that you have...the infatuation just takes on a whole new meaning. And that's just season 1.

I think I need to rent the DVDs again or try and find some good deals on the sale price.

I always thought she was hot, but now it has taken a whole new meaning.

When she went skinny dipping before the dance. :shock:

Latest posts

Back