Vol. 2 villains?

icemastertron said:
I thought Ultimates was- no wait- is one of the best books from Marvel.
hmmm... i kinda agree with that. But Ultimates is almost more of a cinematic comic book, USM would be the best comic in the classic sense.

I think that Ultimate Spider-Man is better than the Ultimates.

Also, what do you guys think of Loki? Will he help or make Thor's background more questionable? I have to see him to really get any idea, but you guys can think on your toes, here, right? Gimme something!

The idea of seeing Loki in Ultimates Vol. 2 is something I'm totally putting trust in Millar on. If it were anyone other than him I'd be rolling my eyes, but I know it will be very interesting.

Well... I can't say that I agree. Really, because of Loki, I'm fearing that he will just be a god again, which I don't want to see.

That's what I'm saying... I was under the impression that Thor was something different than a god until I heard that Loki and a whole bunch of other Norse people were coming around.

Well there aren't too many options. He's either a) a nut job who found a nifty bit of alien technology which taught him how to use it as well or b) some form of alien life that in other times called itself Thor and was worshipped as a god. He's not a mutant, if he had modified human genes we'd have heard about it before so we're left with the above options.

Blacksword said:
Well there aren't too many options. He's either a) a nut job who found a nifty bit of alien technology which taught him how to use it as well or b) some form of alien life that in other times called itself Thor and was worshipped as a god. He's not a mutant, if he had modified human genes we'd have heard about it before so we're left with the above options.

I think that's oversimplifying it. I'm sure Millar's version will be something most people hadn't thought of.

icemastertron said:
I think that's oversimplifying it. I'm sure Millar's version will be something most people hadn't thought of.

So he's not going to be a god then?

I don't know - all I was saying is that saying he's either an alien or a kook is oversimplifying things - things are going on in Millar's head we don't even know about.

I think that he is a god... Millar is pretty good at coaxing his fans into believing one thing and doing another.

I like the connection with the aliens, there, Blacksword.

Well Thor in 616 isn't echnically a god either, to my understanding. Asgard is just another dimension where everyone is really powerful and whose inhabitants have a connection with Earth where some folks worship them as gods. That was my impression at least.

Blacksword said:
Well Thor in 616 isn't echnically a god either, to my understanding. Asgard is just another dimension where everyone is really powerful and whose inhabitants have a connection with Earth where some folks worship them as gods. That was my impression at least.

I've always been under the impression that they are supposed to be gods, and in order to interact on Earth Thor needs a human vessel. I only read Thor very briefly a loooooong time ago though, so I could be wrong.

Thor's Godhood has been an issue in the 616 universe depending on who the writer is. In the mainstream thor titles it has mostly been to my knowledge that he is a norse god. But in the Ultimates it is up in the air and in something like the EarthX universe they explain him as something different.

Urs

I think a big blowout with the Ultimate Red Skull would be awesome. Right now Captain America just seems like the "nothing can go wrong as long as I'm around ' kinda hero with no mental weaknesses. I think the Ultimate Red Skull would be a great way to bring captain A. down to the same level as the rest of the Ultimates.

Latest posts

Back