Watchmen: The Video Game (no seriously)

Well...I kind of like the sub-title ("The End is Nigh").

The trailer didn't look promising, though.

Yeah, the game probably won't be anything special, but I love how they're setting it before the movie I hope it leads up to the anti-mask vigilante law. I've always been interesting in what lead up to that

Watchmen: The End is Nigh is the first in a series of downloadable episodes and is set to release around the time of the upcoming feature film. Though it's downloadable and at an unnamed price "competitive" with other digital titles, Watchmen is gorgeous. The environments and character models are as good as any high-end retail game on the market. Whether on the wet cobblestone streets in the middle of a storm or in the cramped quarters of a run-down prison, Watchmen is a real looker. If you were expecting some rushed movie tie-in, one look at the game in motion will erase those thoughts.

More here
http://uk.xboxlive.ign.com/articles/952/952934p1.html

Also this made laugh :

Alan Moore may drop dead just so he can roll over in his grave, but that just means he won't be hogging the controller.

:lol:

...it's on PSN too :D:D

Did anyone else chuckle when they saw PlayStation Network abbreviated as this?

Anyway, as for the videos, the game is looking less and less interesting. I like how Nite-Owl fights a lot like Batman, but that electricity thing he kept doing got quite old to look at after a few times.

Last edited:
Did anyone else chuckle when they saw PlayStation Network abbreviated as this?

PSN is the correct abbreviation.

Anyway, as for the videos, the game is looking less and less interesting. I like how Nite-Owl fights a lot like Batman, but that electricity thing he kept doing got quite old to look at after a few times.

To be fair it is a download game. You can't expect it to be as good as disc releases. (Though Pixel "Junk Monsters" is soooo addictive and Street fighter HD is awesome.)

To be fair it is a download game. You can't expect it to be as good as disc releases. (Though Pixel "Junk Monsters" is soooo addictive and Street fighter HD is awesome.)

That is complete and utter BS. You mean to tell me that the medium which it is released indicated the quality of the product?

My God, somebody end humanity now. This is just retarded.

That is complete and utter BS. You mean to tell me that the medium which it is released indicated the quality of the product?

My God, somebody end humanity now. This is just retarded.

Yes I am. Game that come on disks at say £40 are usually much better quality than the £15-£20 full games for download. Part of the reason is A) The price, Budget games = not as good as non-budget as a rule.

Second IS the "medium which it is released" after all PSN and Xbox live games are limited in size too as the likely hood this game = the size of a dvd = slim, The changes it's the size of a bluray = none.

So Adding both of those together YES it won't be as good as big games. Honestly are you expecting Watchmen: The End Is Nigh to be as good as Metal Gear Solid 4 , gears of war 2, GTA IV and other such games?

Plus it's coming out basically as a movie tie-in.

Add all those up and you can't expect much. Will I get this? hell yeah. But do I have high expectations? hell no.

Size is basically equivalent to pweety graphics. Graphics DO NOT make a game! It is the gameplay, the real meat on the bones, that matter.

If I recall, the Riddick game was pretty damn good. If it can happen with a damn Vin Diesel movie, it can happen with Watchmen.

So, yes, I am saying that it is very well possible that Watchmen: The End is Night may very well, be a good game.

Graphics means **** people. Get that through your brains and you'll avoid most of the crap that is out there.

Size is basically equivalent to pweety graphics. Graphics DO NOT make a game! It is the gameplay, the real meat on the bones, that matter.

I'm NOT talking graphics. I'm talking stuff like Physics engine, Combos and move. Better A.I, stuff to unlock, More levels, Better camera control. All of those take room. Then yes Add Graphics to the mix as the game doesn't look too bad.

More room DOES = more space for stuff like deeper combat systems , more intelligent bad guys, Longer gameplay and more improvements too the other stuff which MAKES the gameplay.

NOT once did I say Graphics. In fact in movies and games I'm usually the one who says "special effects/graphics does not a good movie/game make" so don't try twisting my points from been genuine points to been "Oh no this will suck because of the graphics" I'm talking about the overall quality of the product.

As for the Riddick game been good. Yes some movie games can be ok-good but for ever good movie game there is like a million bad ones. And one that is a budget release like this? No way should you expect much.

I have to agree with Mole on this one. Its a friggin' downloadable game...if you're expecting something groundbreaking and revolutionary (or even just something more than repetitive and dated) you're taking far better drugs than I've ever stumbled across. And as Mole said, it is a size issue (though this doesn't equal graphics, it does equal physics and gameplay issues), and also the amount of time and effort put into the game. A game of this caliber (3D environments and characters, combat systems, environments, etc) that isn't a major console release and is instead downloadable says it all: its not going to be on par as something like say, Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

The fact you're actually offended and surprised is nothing but funny. Get real, seriously.

Doublehex takes things way too seriously. He's like hyperbole in human form.

I know. I was merely agreeing with you and backing up your point in relation to my own (basically that Doublehex's post was plain ludicrous), hence the first sentence of my post reading:

Ah It was the way it looked to me
as Mole said, it is a size issue (though this doesn't equal graphics, it does equal physics and gameplay issues)
Looked like you agreed about size but then the (though....) = You disagreeing and saying your opinion instead.

I'm Mole enough to admit when I was wrong. Sorry dude, my bad.

IGN gave it a pretty scathing review with a score of 5.5 out of 10, citing repetitive play as the major issue

That's pretty much what I expected. It looked like it was gonna be your basic "street brawler". Walk to random thug--execute combo--move onto next thug.

I'll download it later just to see how it is...but I'm not expecting much.

So, I am exaggeration in human form? Sweet! :D

Um...so is Carrot Top...or just about any reality TV show star.

Ah It was the way it looked to me Looked like you agreed about size but then the (though....) = You disagreeing and saying your opinion instead.

I'm Mole enough to admit when I was wrong. Sorry dude, my bad.

Oh its cool. I see what you mean, now. I just thought you were busting balls unnecessarily (after all, thats my job ;) ).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back