Spider-Man Web-Shooters or Organic Webbing?

Which do you prefer, in general?

• Total voters
I kinda like the organic webshooters better... '_' Just cuz.

But I don't see how a teenager making webshooters is any more unrealistic than a spider posioned by radiation (or a mythical spider and all that bull) biting a teenager and giving him super powers.

And yes, stingers are stupid. But... when did he ever use venom?

Last edited:
Shotting organic web through the wrist is the most horrible thing ever.
If they need the organic web so much he should shoot it with his ***.

I can go either or, it depends on the style of medium they have. Like in comic books mechanical fits but for the films organic is better. Personally I like mechanical web shooters better. Both can make sense if done right, USM introduced webbing in a great way and you can easily explain organic webs as a result of the mutation. Remember his body changed on a fundamental level, its not too hard to grasp that his arms developed muscles and other biological material that can mix different chemicals found naturally in the body to produce web fluids.

I read in an early issue Stan Lee just wrote a line that said "Peter Parker is the worlds formost expert on spiders" now remember Stan has no big grasp on science and usually just made up origins because they sounded cool. I also recall hearing that Stan originally wanted them to be organic but the company had issues with a teenage boy shooting goo out of his body. So there was never any real explanation for them to begin with so there's no real reason how he made them.

Now I like both version but what I hate is when they change it. Pick one way and stick with it, conviently changing his powers like they did in 616 is just absolutely retarded. I keep hoping for Peter to wake up and the past few years was just a dream

I also recall hearing that Stan originally wanted them to be organic but the company had issues with a teenage boy shooting goo out of his body.
:lol:
Now I like both version but what I hate is when they change it. Pick one way and stick with it, conviently changing his powers like they did in 616 is just absolutely retarded. I keep hoping for Peter to wake up and the past few years was just a dream
Correct. It doesn't matter, but stick with what you've got.

That's absolutely hilarious!:lol:

It's like an Agonybooth review of comic(if this isn't enough to make anyone read it, reevaluate your webdom). I laughed out loud at the caption for the pic at the top of the second page.

:lol:

I liked "Morbius or Morlun: Who's the gothiest of all?"

I honestly can't bring myself to care enough to write anything of any length about this. They're...just webs...that a fictional character shoots from his wrists. If the editors at Marvel feel that it's necessary to have an entire, title-spanning story arc dedicated to him having the means with which he dispenses webbing changed...then...great?

Peter was given organic web shooters during Avengers Disassembled, as well as the ability to communicate with spiders.

As written by Paul Jenkins.

I seem to be the only person that like the fact that he's actually more spider-like with the organic shooters/more spider based powers.

You're not - I prefer organic too. The stingers though...:noway:

He knew spiders had webs.... but didn't know the were organic?:?

That's what I said.

Shotting organic web through the wrist is the most horrible thing ever.
If they need the organic web so much he should shoot it with his ***.

I defy anyone to argue against this logic.

I seem to be the only person that like the fact that he's actually more spider-like with the organic shooters/more spider based powers. Hell, Stan Lee himself has said it was a brilliant idea, and the only reason why he didn't think of it was he knew nothing about spiders.

I honestly love how people try to use the fact that Peter has powers to justify the "realness" of a 16 year old kid creating military level tech, and an adhesive 3M would kill for. Seriously, the web shooters were one of the biggest reason why I hated spider-man.

I agree with you...

And I read the piece on The Other, I read the last couple of issues, but the tracer? WTF?

With spinnerets: they're more realistic and I'm sure he has more control over it, but the downside is his body can only produce so much webbing at any given time. Because they're built into his wrists, they can't be destroyed, however they can become injured and they'll take time to heal.

With web-shooters: they're less realistic and he's limited by the amount of web-fluid he can put into each cartridge. However, they are quickly replaceable by other cartridges on the fly. The web-shooters can be damaged or destroyed, but can be quickly repaired with the right tools.

I don't know how much webbing Spidey's new spinnerets can produce, but I'm sure it's at least 50x more than what he could put into a single web-cartridge.

The stingers were a horrible idea... spiders don't have stingers! I say he should be able to inject venom through bites, like a real spider. Maybe his incisors could be sharper and hollow, with venom sacks in the roots.
And I kinda like Spidey being able to communicate with spiders, just as long as he isn't some kind of puppet-master.

Last edited:
Sorry to skip over all that's been said, but my vote goes for organic webbing. If you were suddenly given the choice between having all of Spidey's powers except webs (because you had to invent/design/pay for/ 'shooters yourself), or all of Spidey's powers INCLUDING organic webbing, which would you choose?

Of course you would.

I can't understand why Stan Lee didn't just give him organic webs in the first place. It actually took him more effort and originality to come up with the webshooters idea and essentially made Spidey less relatable, when he could have just said 'screw it, they come out of his hands'.

I can go either or, it depends on the style of medium they have. Like in comic books mechanical fits but for the films organic is better. Personally I like mechanical web shooters better. Both can make sense if done right, USM introduced webbing in a great way and you can easily explain organic webs as a result of the mutation. Remember his body changed on a fundamental level, its not too hard to grasp that his arms developed muscles and other biological material that can mix different chemicals found naturally in the body to produce web fluids.

I read in an early issue Stan Lee just wrote a line that said "Peter Parker is the worlds formost expert on spiders" now remember Stan has no big grasp on science and usually just made up origins because they sounded cool. I also recall hearing that Stan originally wanted them to be organic but the company had issues with a teenage boy shooting goo out of his body. So there was never any real explanation for them to begin with so there's no real reason how he made them.

:lol: (at bolded)

Agreed.

I say he should be able to inject venom through bites, like a real spider. Maybe his incisors could be sharper and hollow, with venom sacks in the roots.

I think it would be funny if he was talking to some villain and then out of nowhere just bit him.

Last edited:
Gothamite said:
If you were suddenly given the choice between having all of Spidey's powers except webs (because you had to invent/design/pay for/ 'shooters yourself), or all of Spidey's powers INCLUDING organic webbing, which would you choose?

Of course you would.
Actually, I would go for spider sense. The ability to sense oncoming danger? And we assume the agility goes hand in hand with it. Also, there's no buildings around here big enough for web swinging. That and if someone really did web swing in New York, it would be all over the news... no thanks. :p

Anyways! So when did he use this venom? @_@

Sorry to skip over all that's been said, but my vote goes for organic webbing. If you were suddenly given the choice between having all of Spidey's powers except webs (because you had to invent/design/pay for/ 'shooters yourself), or all of Spidey's powers INCLUDING organic webbing, which would you choose?

Of course you would.

Oh don't get me wrong, if I could pick one of the two to have for myself, it'd be the organic spinnerets, no question.

I'm just talking about Spider-Man as a character here, and epecially his story possibilities.

I mean, if I were offered the choice between Superman's powers or Batman's talents and equipment, I'd obviously pick Superman's. But I still usually prefer Batman stories in general.

Oh don't get me wrong, if I could pick one of the two to have for myself, it'd be the organic spinnerets, no question.

I'm just talking about Spider-Man as a character here, and epecially his story possibilities.

Agreed 100%.

Like I mentioned organic takes away one of his weaknesses/disadvantages. It would be like superman not been effected by Krypronite

Latest posts

Back