Well, I think it's time to burn my comics & close the site...

Molecule Man is somewhat believable, if the "double M" thing is true. (And why would it be?)

michael-moore.jpg

Oh Lord, of course it's not.

They didn't even have the rights when Dark Reign started. And it makes no internal sense that any of the characters would be intimidate. And it's the same nonsensical rumour-mongering that people did as soon as Marvel acquires any property. "It must be linked!" As soon as Disney got Marvel, fanboys assumed this meant that Donald Duck continuity and Spider-Man continuity were now connected because of corporate ownership. This kind of thinking is retarded and why Marvel and DC are so alienated from the rest of the world. Trying to navigate the crazy, "Everything's connected" mentality is just damaging.

It's not Marvelman, it's not Miracleman, it's not Mickey Mouse.

It's some ****ing douche that no one cares about who will turn out to be ****. It'll either not make sense, "Captain Marvel's the big bad? Why? And why are they intimidated?" or it'll just be Mephisto and everyone will be 'called' it and all this speculation was because it was so damned obvious and everyone new they were in for a long, boring, year of, "Who is it?"

You don't think Marvel would change their plans after obtaining Miracleman? I'm not saying that this is definitely true, but to think that they wouldn't change plans like that is just plain naive.

It's probably Molecule Man. Secret Wars anyone?

That would actually be awesome. That guy was never used right. I don't even think he's a very good character (actually, he's pretty awful). But for someone with the kind of power he had...there should have been more made of it or done with it.

It's probably Molecule Man. Secret Wars anyone?

DARK AVENGERS # 12
The Story: The explosive smash hit series from Brian Bendis and Mike Deodato continues!! The Dark Avengers are pitted against a foe they cannot defeat: A man with the power over every molecule in the world! Norman can't talk his way out of this one as the world gets turned upside down and no joke...someone dies. For reelz!! Rated T …$3.99

In Stores: Dec 16, 2009

We have a winner!

E said:
You don't think Marvel would change their plans after obtaining Miracleman? I'm not saying that this is definitely true, but to think that they wouldn't change plans like that is just plain naive.

Agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole "mysterious figure" was never worked out in the first place, and they didn't decide who it was until some time during Dark Reign.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they were already in negotiations to buy the character when that script was written, and they planned for him to take that spot, with a placeholder in case it didn't pan out.

Incidentally, could anyone else see Marvel trying to tie the Sentry in to Miracleman?

We have a winner!

Bendis has already talked in interview about how the DA are going up against Molecule Man in a big "classic Avengers style mission". I doubt he's supposed to be the bad guy teased behind the magic curtain.

Did it actually say "for reelz?"

It did. FEAR!

This might be relevant... the last page of Dark Avengers #10 has Osborn coming face to face with
Mephisto, Dormammu, Enchantress, The Beyonder and... Molecule Man.

I got half of those from other sites so I'm not sure if they're all accurate but if so, that's kind of scary.

Last edited:
This might be relevant... the last page of Dark Avengers #10 has Osborn coming face to face with

I got half of those from other sites so I'm not sure if they're all accurate but if so, that's kind of scary.

If they're fighting that person then it doesn't seem possible he is the secret person on Osborn's side.

Last edited:

Really?

Huh.

When did Loeb start writing Dark Avengers?

Latest posts

Back