What should I read next?

I am looking for something new to read (in tpb). I have it narrowed down to one of 3 titles, The Walking Dead, Locke and Keye and Y the Last Man.

I can't decide which I should go with, although I am leaning towards Y.

Anyone have an opinion on which I should go with?

I have enjoyed Locke and Key. Then again, it's set in my hometown, so it makes it a tad more enjoyable for me. But it's still and ongoing, and only has four volumes out at the moment.

Y is a great read, and complete. So that's always good.

Walking Dead is something I've never been able to get into. Tried various times.

I have enjoyed Locke and Key. Then again, it's set in my hometown, so it makes it a tad more enjoyable for me. But it's still and ongoing, and only has four volumes out at the moment.

Y is a great read, and complete. So that's always good.

I agree. The fact that Y is complete makes it a tad more attractive because I can start and finish it vs an ongoing like TWD or L&K.

Definitely go with Y. It's basically required reading at this point, and for good reason.

But you should know that L&K, while currently running, is finite, due to end in about 13 issues from now. It's also really, really good. But go with Y and pick up L&K when it's finished and collected.

Definitely go with Y. It's basically required reading at this point, and for good reason.

But you should know that L&K, while currently running, is finite, due to end in about 13 issues from now. It's also really, really good. But go with Y and pick up L&K when it's finished and collected.

Cool. Good to know, thanks!

My thought is that if you get caught up on Walking Dead now, you can obviously read new issues as they come out. The longer you wait the harder it will be. Y is DEFINITELY a must-read, but it's already over.

My thought is that if you get caught up on Walking Dead now, you can obviously read new issues as they come out. The longer you wait the harder it will be. Y is DEFINITELY a must-read, but it's already over.

Personally, I have no intention of starting to buy the regular monthly TWD anyway. I would rather trade wait, so being caught up is actually a disadvantage, imo, because then I have to wait for the next trade. Versus if I wait, read all of Y first, which will take me months because I can't afford more than say 1 or 2 books a month, then twd will be that much further along and it will take me that much longer to be "caught up". Plus in the meantime there will be season 2 of TWD on TV so I will have that to tide me over. I know it is prob wrong, but honestly, I think having the tv show is dampening my enthusiasm to read TWD. It gave me my "fix" so to speak.

mike3717 said:
Personally, I have no intention of starting to buy the regular monthly TWD anyway. I would rather trade wait, so being caught up is actually a disadvantage, imo, because then I have to wait for the next trade. Versus if I wait, read all of Y first, which will take me months because I can't afford more than say 1 or 2 books a month, then twd will be that much further along and it will take me that much longer to be "caught up". Plus in the meantime there will be season 2 of TWD on TV so I will have that to tide me over. I know it is prob wrong, but honestly, I think having the tv show is dampening my enthusiasm to read TWD. It gave me my "fix" so to speak.

Yeah, it's wrong...the show is good to a point, but it does not do the source material justice. Like eating a goldfish cracker and calling it a salmon filet. Knowing how you are going to read the comics, I think Y first is better for you. I still think TWD is better, but to each their own.

Still, goldfish crackers to salmon my friend...

Sent from my iPad using ComicBoard

Yeah, it's wrong...the show is good to a point, but it does not do the source material justice. Like eating a goldfish cracker and calling it a salmon filet. Knowing how you are going to read the comics, I think Y first is better for you. I still think TWD is better, but to each their own.

Still, goldfish crackers to salmon my friend...

Oh I have no doubt the book is WAAAY better than the show.

Latest posts

Back