• Ultimates

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Ultimate Fantastic 4

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Ultimate Galactus

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Ultimate Iron Man

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • A series that has already ended (explain)

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I read all Ultimate books

Votes: 77 50.3%

• Total voters
I buy only trade paperbacks. I buy all Ultimate Fantastic Four trades as soon as I see them, because that's what I love, and I buy Galactus too because that's a Fantastic Four villian.

My best friend loves The Ultimates and Ultimate Iron Man. I gave the first a chance, liked it, and now buy it, but at a much lower priority than Ultimate Fantastic Four. I don't buy Ultimate Iron Man because I haven't seen a trade to buy. I don't read it, because I intend to buy one trade to see if I like it, and I don't want to get spoiled.

For the rest:

Ultimate Spider-Man was an old series before I even heard of the Ultimate line. It looks OK but is not of great interest to me. The cost to have a complete collection of this semi-interesting, semi-attractive character would be high.

Ultimate X-Men again is an old series, too far advanced to get on board with cheaply, and from what I see of the characters I don't like them.

Ultimate Daredevil and Elektra is based on Frank Miller versions of the characters I don't like. That is, I liked them when Frank Miller did them, but they don't extend beyond those stories.

The characters are too few and too inward-looking. Daredevil has sexual tension with Elektra, a character I find morally unworthy and boring. There is very little that Elektra can do except repeat the same sex tease and chop-socky poses over and over, because her spirit is not generous enough, she is not noble enough ever really to be more than that - and she's so much in the red at the bank of karma it doesn't matter anyway. There is Bullseye who amounts to even less, and I disliked the movie version of the character and the Ultimate version has no appeal at all to me. There are a few other people wandering around, but they amount to nothing. If they did, they would show up how little that version of Daredevil amounts to. It's a barren world, and it has so little potential ever to grow. So I would have no interest in that even if it was up and running as a series again.

(shrug) These are my impressions anyway.

I stopped reading ultimate galactus after secret. Nightmare was great and then secret kinda dulled it out for me. That fight scene with johnny, ben and thor seemed kinda rushed. The only cool thing was mar-vell.

I don't read any of them anymore.

Well okay sometimes I do.

But in those cases I didn't pay for them.

Latest posts

Back