What Ultimate character do we need to see more of?

I'll have to be completely unoriginal and chime in with a vote for Mahr Vell myself.

I'd love to see him get a mini, or even an on-going that deals with intergalactic stuff...or see him join the Ultimates...or something.

Maybe an Ultimates spin-off, Agents of SHIELD with Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Falcon, and Mahr Vell doing America's dirty work and picking up were the Ultimates left off?

Brilliant idea! I would buy every issue of that series.

Read my Ultimate Punisher fanfic. That's pretty much the basis for the entire story.

It incorporates not only elements from Ultimates 1 and 2....but also the annuals and the lesser known Ultimates: Tomorrow Men novel.

Read my Ultimate Punisher fanfic. That's pretty much the basis for the entire story.

It incorporates not only elements from Ultimates 1 and 2....but also the annuals and the lesser known Ultimates: Tomorrow Men novel.

You shouldn't use the red skull as the logo, I keep lapsing into daydreams about Earth X instead of reading your badass story.

One thing I mentioned awhile ago that wish they would do as an ongoing or a mini-series is Ultimate blade. Not really that much of a fan of his 616 stuff but enjoyed the first 2 films and his appearances in other things.

E.g of this is his appearance in the 90s spider-man cartoon. Now I do think there is something to the charracter. The ultimate universe has always made me like charracters I didn't before (Iron man , captain america and more)

So when it is a charracter I'm intrested in but have yet to fully explore their potential the Ultimate universe is the thing to make me pick it up. Hopefully written by Brian Michael Bendis so that it fits with what he wanted him to be in his appearance in USM

I'll have to be completely unoriginal and chime in with a vote for Mahr Vell myself.

I'd love to see him get a mini, or even an on-going that deals with intergalactic stuff...or see him join the Ultimates...or something.

Maybe an Ultimates spin-off, Agents of SHIELD with Carol Danvers, Jessica Drew, Falcon, and Mahr Vell doing America's dirty work and picking up were the Ultimates left off?

This is quite logical actually. Unless Fury's out of power or dead, I do not see him stopping with the Ultimates. He might need a smaller more shadow like team instead of the big celebrity public team he started with. There are characters who were with SHIELD but never were considered actual Ultimates members such as: Mahr Vell, Carol Danvers, Falcon, Karma, Dum Dum Dugan, Thunderstrike, and Intangi-girl (last two are briefly mentioned in Ultimate 2's first annual). These characters would be a good shadow team now that the Ultimates are basically the Avengers.

i'd like to see an ongoing with Cap and falcon going through the US helping the lower class with a touch of current events mixed with political philosophies from both sides.

i agree that hawkowl and woody should be involved more.

they are what make the ultimate universe most unique

Last edited:
Can't we assume she was part of Psi-Corps? Didn't they all get their brains eaten by Chiutauri and replaced?

Can't we assume she was part of Psi-Corps? Didn't they all get their brains eaten by Chiutauri and replaced?

I have no idea.

She was with President Bush during the New Mutants arc and was with SHIELD. She was also with Emma's group and then she disappeared. The question is, did New Mutants take place AFTER Ultimates Vol 1 or before?

A big hint that it's somewhere before comes from the President wanting to have a team of mutants for PR purposes when they could have just outed Janet as a mutant and still get some PR about mutant progress.

**** it, I'm going to look at DIB's timeline and see what he says.

DIB has it that New Mutants takes place after Ultimates 1 so that's good enough for me.

In fact, it kinda has to since it's after Ultimate War and Return of the King. So yeah, it's after. So Karma wasn't a skrull.

I'd like an idea of Fury having some new Howling Commandos. He'd use anyone left over from SHIELD and some other superhumasn ie: Falcon, Mar Vehl, Carol Danvers, Dum Dum Dugan, War Machine (from one of Tony's old models), Karma and She-Hulk (depending on how Wolverine vs. Hulk would ever turn out).

i'd like to see some more henry pym with the ultimate defenders!

Also: Geldoff. I realy thought they where going somewhere with that character. Maybe have him turn up in UXM, donning the Pyro handle. But after the irresponsible arc he was never heard of again... (right?)

• Mahr Vel
  • Carol Danvers
  • Sam Wilson/Falcon
  • The Daily Bugle staff (I'd still like to see a quarterly title in which we either explore something from a non-USM title from a news point of view, or where they cover an Ultimized character who wouldn't get his/her own title, but would be good for one or two short stories)
  • Emma Frost and the students at the Academy of Tomorrow, which in my opinion is much closer to Xavier's idea of human/mutant tolerance than the Xavier School. (And I never thought I'd ever want to see more of Emma Frost, given my incredibly low opinion of her character in 616 Marvel....)

• Mahr Vel
  • Carol Danvers
  • Sam Wilson/Falcon
  • The Daily Bugle staff (I'd still like to see a quarterly title in which we either explore something from a non-USM title from a news point of view, or where they cover an Ultimized character who wouldn't get his/her own title, but would be good for one or two short stories)
  • Emma Frost and the students at the Academy of Tomorrow, which in my opinion is much closer to Xavier's idea of human/mutant tolerance than the Xavier School. (And I never thought I'd ever want to see more of Emma Frost, given my incredibly low opinion of her character in 616 Marvel....)

Well, we've definitely been seeing more of Carol. She was in UFF and USM. And I agree about the Academy of Tomorrow, but seems like Kirkman has a massive game plan that doesn't include them, unfortunately.

Latest posts

Back