What villains should Miles Morales face?

No, the Scorpion is still alive. And they didn't turn to goo. That was all the Ultron copies that did that.

true, but this is what I'd like to see. They could bring in Daredevil villains, Fantastic Four villains, or others. Or They could make never before seen charatcers.

They could even make an Ultimate Ultimate Houde character. An evil scientist bent on taking over the world with inhanced clones of himself. And Miles defeats him with the reformed clone Captain Canuck renamed Captian Canada.

The villains would have to work in a Spider-Man context, lots of FF villains don't fit into a Spider-Man comic, Spider-Man is a street level character, aliens wouldn't work. Villains like Trapster or Wizard could work as Spidey villains but that's about it from the FF's rogues gallery. With DD villains, I think most of them can work, but a lot of them wold only work in a darker story. Many DD villains are pretty dark, except the really goofy ones like Stilt-Man who only work as comic relief. There are villains from other rogues galleries that could work, Iron Man villains like Whiplash, Controller or Blizzard could work as Spidey villains.

Or they could just make this guy Miles' nemesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTKiahnuoSI

Last edited:
The villains would have to work in a Spider-Man context, lots of FF villains don't fit into a Spider-Man comic, Spider-Man is a street level character, aliens wouldn't work. Villains like Trapster or Wizard could work as Spidey villains but that's about it from the FF's rogues gallery. With DD villains, I think most of them can work, but a lot of them wold only work in a darker story. Many DD villains are pretty dark, except the really goofy ones like Stilt-Man who only work as comic relief. There are villains from other rogues galleries that could work, Iron Man villains like Whiplash, Controller or Blizzard could work as Spidey villains.

Or they could just make this guy Miles' nemesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTKiahnuoSI

Yeah, alot of those would work. Some of the cosmic threats for the FF could be retooled to be non-cosmic. And their are some non-cosmic threats as well. As for the Dark Daredevil characters. They could do them as a once in a while dark story. Spidey needs to stay light hearted, I agree with that. But a "Dark Story" once in awhile wouldn't hurt. I loved the Marvel Knights Spider-Man book. And wished it had taken off. They were a bit darker then Spider-Man comics have been before that. It seemed to work fine to me. But it still got axed.

Non-cosmic FF villains:

Klaw
Baslisk
Crucible
Hyperstorm
Marquis Of Death
Miracle Man
Darkoth
Elspeth Cromwell
Modulus (thin Video-Man)
Morgan Le Fay
Hate-Monger
Mad Thinker
Puppet Master
Taskmaster
Wizard
Trapster
Martyr

Dare Devil Villains That could work:

Alexander Bont
Lady Bullseye
Lucia von Bardas
Mister Fear
Masked Marauder
The Owl
Bengal
Death-Stalker
Bullseye
Purple Man
Typhoid Mary

and here's a list of other Spider-Vilians (you can also find other heroes villains list here as well)

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Spiderman.asp

Last edited:
I'm convinced The Overlord is the watcher's alternate account. Created only so the watcher can make lists.

Last edited:
Yeah, alot of those would work. Some of the cosmic threats for the FF could be retooled to be non-cosmic. And their are some non-cosmic threats as well. As for the Dark Daredevil characters. They could do them as a once in a while dark story. Spidey needs to stay light hearted, I agree with that. But a "Dark Story" once in awhile wouldn't hurt. I loved the Marvel Knights Spider-Man book. And wished it had taken off. They were a bit darker then Spider-Man comics have been before that. It seemed to work fine to me. But it still got axed.

Non-cosmic FF villains:

Klaw
Baslisk
Crucible
Hyperstorm
Marquis Of Death
Miracle Man
Darkoth
Elspeth Cromwell
Modulus (thin Video-Man)
Morgan Le Fay
Hate-Monger
Mad Thinker
Puppet Master
Taskmaster
Wizard
Trapster
Martyr

Well the likes of Hyperstorm and the Marquis Of Death have both god like powers and convoluted back stories that would make them hard to work in the Spider-Man mythos. Heck even likes of Graviton would be out of Spidey's league. Others like Trapster, Puppet Master and Wizard could work. Even Ultimate Mad thinker might be out of Miles league, considering she was able to outsmart the UFF.

Dare Devil Villains That could work:

Alexander Bont
Lady Bullseye
Lucia von Bardas
Mister Fear
Masked Marauder
The Owl
Bengal
Death-Stalker
Bullseye
Purple Man
Typhoid Mary

and here's a list of other Spider-Vilians (you can also find other heroes villains list here as well)

http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/RapSheetMain/Spiderman.asp

Hmmm, well a lot of those villains are pretty dark in the 616 universe, Bullseye is a mass murdering psychopath, Purple Man is a mind controlling rapist, Typhoid Mary is a abused ex prostitute with a split personality and Mr. Fear is a villain who helps you visualize your wort nightmares. These guys only work in darker stories, unless the Ultimate versions of these characters are lighter and softer then their usual 616 versions and usually villains in the Ultimate Universe are either Complete Monsters or total jokes. One DD villain already used in USM is Gladiator and he went from a complex character in the 616 universe to a one dimensional joke in the UU. I hope Bendis could something better with other DD serious DD villains. However since Bendis does seem to like silly super villains who pose no real threat and get beaten up in the first page, the likes of Stilt-Man, Matador and Leap-Frog would fit that bill.

Although since Ultimate Kingpin is dead, then Owl and Bont could be used if they have a "who will be the new Kingpin" story.

On another note it be interesting if Shocker finally became a threatening villain.

I'm convinced The Overlord is the watcher's alternate account. Created only so the watcher can make lists.

Way off there, buddy boy. :D:wink:

Last edited:
Besides, If I did have a alternate account... I wouldn't call myself something as pretentious as Overlord. :wink::twisted:

No, you only named yourself after a god like being, nothing prentious about that. :wink:

Besides the term "Overlord" is both pretentious and evil sounding, which is extra fun.

Since Bendis seems to like using joke villains before the real story starts, are there any joke villains you would like to see in the new USM.

I kinda liked Walrus and White Rabbit, both were created as jokes in the 616 universe, so the writers have fun with them. White Rabbit's first crime was robbing a MacDonald's and once she tried to hold the city hostage, but the Mayor was only willing to give her $2.50 to stop her "reign of terror".

If Bendis wants some joke villains, why not use villains who were supposed to jokes in the first place, instead of taking some B-list villain in the 616 universe and making that character pathetic? I think Shocker should move out of the joke villain category, so Bendis can replace him with someone really silly.

Latest posts

Back