Whatsup with the hatin'

what!

it does have an effect on him. i mean he almost pissed himself at the thought of going headup with cyber. besides "superman complex" that's tough i mean does anybody realize that superman is lame as hell, also kinda feminine. logan's still got my vote homey.

I know some people think it's sacrilige to say Superman is lame, but I have to agree.

I can see the arguement that Wolverine's healing factor makes him too much like Supes but I don't really agree.

UltimateE said:
I can see the arguement that Wolverine's healing factor makes him too much like Supes but I don't really agree.

I'd say its more that his healing factor makes him hard to relate too, like Superman is hard to relate to rather than any real similarity

Whoops - that's what I meant.

I don't like Superman's whole invulnerability aspect at all either. Maybe it's cos' I never read a Superman comic. But he's in tons of other media and he always seems interesting enough. As far as Superheros he's my Alpha. Can't abandom him.... as for Logan, he got popular and they focus on him too much and he refuses to die and he has a lot of attitude I'm sorry any writer can write attitude into a character personally I don't like it all that much... I'm all for Daredevil (who i think it's safe to mention in this thread due to the title), I'm for Captain America, I'm for Hulk, I'm for Batman, Superman, I'm pro Cyclops... I'm for the good guys who are uptight and who seem more real by taking things more seriously in their little comic world and are heros because they want to do the right thing... get what I'm on about?

I get you, and I agree as a rule. Attitude is a piece of piss to write, but to get closed and stuffy done well, without alienating the audience is a tricky balance. Of course you're gonna get more kids wanting to grow up to be wolverine than cyclops. Girls like the dark mysterious ones, not the anally retentive ones right? But I think they make a more interesting read.
But I will say Superman beats wolverine with the lameness. I think it's the cape. i don't like capes.
Actually, in general, i just don't like costumes. Uniforms yeah, costumes, nah.

Guijllons said:
But I will say Superman beats wolverine with the lameness. I think it's the cape. i don't like capes.
It's only a matter of time until "The Curse of the Cape" comes a knockin' on his door. :wink:

Yeah, superman and the costume are inseparable. (alas)
I just don't like it. Hmmm, I could do with reading red son actually. that may give me a new insight to the character.

haha, i popped over to my folks the other day and caught some of that. Dean Cain eat your heart out :D

It's only a matter of time until "The Curse of the Cape" comes a knockin' on his door.
Turbine engines are the new kryptonite, watch this space :D

Clearly...

You guys fail to see the gift that wolverine bestowed on comic land. but i guess some "think" it's so easy to write a character with attitude and tough to write someone like superman or cyclops. cyke i must admit is kinda like superman but not. cyke has got superman beat all day and also cannot be compared to dd (one of the only times i will give dd some props since there are some serious devil suckers in ultimate central) because dd is a complex charachter like wolverine or electra beast nightcrawler havok (i could do this forever) and superman is extremely one dimensional and while the boyscout routine can be appealing to some. cyke pulls it off while most of the time superman is way to sugary with it. complex characters aren't like wolverine but they are definitely not like superman who is always so elementary u'd think u were reading a coloring book. but don't get me wrong i'm no superman hater. well, maybe i am. a little. but u know everybody's got their thing.

o, ok.

for some reason i thought it was like 4 of you guys. maybe because without fear has like a million posts.

I am a force to be reckoned with ... :twisted:

Actually this is a good thread to use. I'm desperately trying to figure out what it is people like about certain heroes/villains. I post at various sites and if the message board isn't singled out for a certain character, most of the topics are on X-Men, Spiderman, or even more obscure characters. Daredevil discussions are very weak along with Punisher, Deadpool, Hulk, any villain really, Sentry, individual X-Men threads (xept Wolverine)...

What I don't get is all of these characters and I do mean every single one of them are very different and I could see endless conversations on any of them and ones I haven't mentioned? So why aren't their more topics?

Edit: This is not just for Daredevil. I wonder if there are any other hardcore fans of other characters looking far and wide for these threads... So if you feel left out tell us who you wish you could talk more about.

Last edited:
i don't know...

but yea i was gonna do hulk, luke cage, and then that guy who kicks it with cap the falcon? i can't remember. but i just thought it would be cool to see why people like dislike don't respect or don't understand certain characters on the comic scene. but i think this one might be gettin' old cuz no one's hatin' anymore. wolverine's one of my favorite characters but he's only in the top 10 i got some others, but i know alot of people hate hime so i figured alot of people would vent. more than this even.

Latest posts

Back