where did the future go?

On a sort of philosophical note, can we ever really be in the future? By definition it is impossible.

I would assume that if you could be displaced in time, it would be possible to say you are "in the future" without being wrong.

I would assume that if you could be displaced in time, it would be possible to say you are "in the future" without being wrong.

But I think that's his point; Timetravel, at least as we see it, is impossible.

On a sort of philosophical note, can we ever really be in the future? By definition it is impossible.

If you record yourself saying "June 15th is in the future", then you're speaking the truth, right?

If you then play the tape back on June 15th, does the utterance stop being true?

But I think that's his point; Timetravel, at least as we see it, is impossible.

That's not entirely true. Future time travel is very possible. It's possible to slow down time for you while it remains flowing normally for everyone else by traveling at near light-speed.

Of course, time travel to the past, as far as we know, is impossible.

Well, theoretically, the closer you move to light speed, the slower time gets. So at some point shouldn't time actually stop for you, and if you pass that point, possibly flow in reverse?

Well, theoretically, the closer you move to light speed, the slower time gets. So at some point shouldn't time actually stop for you, and if you pass that point, possibly flow in reverse?

Light speed is supposed to be the universal speed limit. Faster than light speed isn't possible in the regular universe.

But you can't, and even if you could, whenever you are it is the present.

If you record yourself saying "June 15th is in the future", then you're speaking the truth, right?

If you then play the tape back on June 15th, does the utterance stop being true?

Based on a recording made in the past being played in the present?

Don't be silly. The content of the message doesn't mean anything. I could record myself saying I'm a purple panda but it wouldn't mean anything.

But you can't, and even if you could, whenever you are it is the present.

Well, I was speaking theoretically. But, technically, since you were displaced, you would be in the future, not the present, because you don't belong in said time.

But time to the human mind is relative, so E is right. Whatever time you are in is your present, and the future is time that follows on from that point, but can never be reached because when you reach that point, it is the present again.

If you view time as more of a linear system, then you, Lynx, are correct.

----MY TIME---------------------MY FUTURE------
..........>>>TIME TRAVEL>>>>>>>>>>>>

This system only works when regarding 'My Future' as a concept of a point in time that you in your present state (ie at your current age) shouldn't exist in, for example me, age 24, travelling to a point where I should be 67. That is The Future in that concept.

Its late here.. my tired mind is rambling...

We will never have flying cars. The reason for this are all the stupid people... If we already have bad drivers now that we drive in 2d (forward, back, left, right) imagine driving in 3d (add up and down). Death accidents would go up exponentially.

We will never have flying cars. The reason for this are all the stupid people... If we already have bad drivers now that we drive in 2d (forward, back, left, right) imagine driving in 3d (add up and down). Death accidents would go up exponentially.
I agree with this.

I've always been against democratizing the ownership of automobiles for the masses. As such, while I'm totally for flying cars, I'd be against flying cars for EVERYBODY.

We are currently in a satisfactory situation where air flight is a commercial endeavor and a highly specialized one that requires pilots to study for years before they can be qualified to operate such dangerous potentially murderous things, and now we want to make that something for the masses? That's crazy.

Well around the time of Star wars episode III been in the cinema there was a documentry on here called "The science of star wars" it looked at things like a flying car and jetpacks ect...

It showed people are working on them but instead of rockets ect... they used intense fans to project the person or car up safely and in away that makes it they would be in a controlled height ect..

So it is possible but I don't think I'll see it become something we can buy in my lifetime

Well, I was speaking theoretically. But, technically, since you were displaced, you would be in the future, not the present, because you don't belong in said time.

No.

But time to the human mind is relative, so E is right. Whatever time you are in is your present, and the future is time that follows on from that point, but can never be reached because when you reach that point, it is the present again.

This is correct.

If you don't understand it, just trust me. I'm extremely intelligent.

So why does this math test have an 'F' on it? F for failure?

I mean, 2 + 2 = Fish? What were you...high?

2+2 IS fish. It's a very complex equation, but basically it is proven with something like this.

b2 + c2 = defr3 / 3.14 - 3.14r2(544322 x 344333/9) / xyz3 x 3.14

Duh. :roll:

2+2 IS fish. It's a very complex equation, but basically it is proven with something like this.

b2 + c2 = defr3 / 3.14 - 3.14r2(544322 x 344333/9) / xyz3 x 3.14

Duh. :roll:

Well I read this report by Sean McDoylesan that says the equation goes like this:

b2 - c4 = defr3 * ur4h2 ++ 0.6666664453 (9agtr4) 3.14r2 (7 +15-543 +5422 /10 * 344333/9) + ab4 * xyz56 x 3.14.

Thus meaning the true answer is.....Alan Moore. I checked the source and it says it's credited to the moon. Totally realiable.

Latest posts

Back