where did the future go?

We will never have flying cars. The reason for this are all the stupid people... If we already have bad drivers now that we drive in 2d (forward, back, left, right) imagine driving in 3d (add up and down). Death accidents would go up exponentially.
That's a valid (if seemingly mundane concern), as Ourchair pointed out.

But I'd hate to see mass-produced flying cars, because of a more sinister reason -- their use as tools for suicide bombers. Think about how common car bombs are, as a terror tactic in existing warzones. Now imagine those car bombs at medium altitude. The possibilities are frightening.

The "Aero-Bobbies" and "Federal Sky Sherrifs" may do a respectable job keeping First World airspace relatively safe, but I can't imagine what kind of havoc flying car-bombs could wreak in Baghdad or the Gaza Strip. And it could turn currently volatile hotspots -- Venezuela, for example -- into full-blown warzones.

It's true. But Stephen Hawk is still pretty awesome. He has his own video-game and everything.

STEPHENHAWKSPROSKATER.jpg

Post of the Day. Or Year. Either will do.

Where the Hell did that come from??

Watch it frapalino... We're permabanning people on whims now, you got to be careful.

:shock:

I just had a sudden vision of a possible near future -- in it, there is a line striking through Frapalino's user name. There was a special system-generated subnic under his name, too, but the flash ended too quickly for me to realize what it actually said.

Guardians of the Galaxy explained this

something has happened with is causing the future to fall into flux and rip apart at the seams, thats why if you know someone from the future they could be fat one minute, then puerto rican, then a gerbil

it's why Ourchair is a 50 year old jamaican woman right now

Latest posts

Back