Which CGI Hulk is better?

Which CGI Hulk do you believe is better?

• Ang Lee's Hulk

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Louis Letterier's Hulk

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • I don't know...I think both are cool.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I couldn't care less.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Which Hulk is better? It's the Jesus one.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
I honestly didn't think it would be apparent, but it's very noticeable that Ang Lee tried to focus too much on the Hulk's facial expressions instead his body expression.

I'm conflicted about Banner, though, because I think Eric Bana actually made a better Bruce Banner than Edward Norton. Eric Bana just does a better job playing a geek. Bana actually looked like the kind of guy you might see in a college science department. I wanna say Letterier's flaw with Banner was trying to make his brilliance seem more functional than it should have been.

Ed Norton's Banner was written to be the coolest geek you've met, and that seemed off. I always thought Banner should be written as the guy that would seem fine if there wasn't something distinctly off about him. I also thought the rest of the cast got down played too much in Lee's Hulk. Letterier's Ross was the best villain since Green Goblin.

Overall I liked Letterier's Hulk better, plus it had a better story and overall cast.

I honestly didn't think it would be apparent, but it's very noticeable that Ang Lee tried to focus too much on the Hulk's facial expressions instead his body expression.

I'm conflicted about Banner, though, because I think Eric Bana actually made a better Bruce Banner than Edward Norton. Eric Bana just does a better job playing a geek. Bana actually looked like the kind of guy you might see in a college science department. I wanna say Letterier's flaw with Banner was trying to make his brilliance seem more functional than it should have been.

Ed Norton's Banner was written to be the coolest geek you've met, and that seemed off. I always thought Banner should be written as the guy that would seem fine if there wasn't something distinctly off about him. I also thought the rest of the cast got down played too much in Lee's Hulk. Letterier's Ross was the best villain since Green Goblin.

Overall I liked Letterier's Hulk better, plus it had a better story and overall cast.

I think superficially, Bana was too much of a handsome leading man to play Banner, whereas Norton was weedy and skinny and exactly how I would picture Banner.

Throughout both movies, I think Norton got the more practical side of Banner down (i.e. the running and the escaping, etc), but Bana got the emotional side better (the Hulkifications, the anger and the intensity).

Also, I don't think I made myself quite clear about the CGI. The design for the Hulk in the new movie is certainly 'cooler' than the last one; however it's the actual realism of the character that has me angry. The last movie had a Hulk that actually looked like a breathing character, however silly he may have looked to you guys. This new one just looks like a videogame character in 2/3 of his entire appearances. In the university scene where the Hulk is seen properly for the first time, I actually said to myself, "Come on, he's not there. This is silly."

I've thought long and hard over with one is better, but I can't honestly decide. On the one hand, Lee's Hulk looks like you can reach out and touch him, the skin looks incredibly natural and in a few scenes his interaction with real elements was amazing. On the other hand Letterier's Hulk has a much better design, everything is in better proportion and the Hulk seems consistent all the was through, and his actions scenes is much better, and there's a few movements that was very subtle and great.

So I'm very torn, if I had to choose I would go with Letterier's because I think the basic design of the hulk is better.

The mountain scene with Betty was great. I liked the emotional intensity of that with Hulk and the lightning. It kind of showed how he was a lost little kid with the powers of a god pretty much.

The mountain scene with Betty was great. I liked the emotional intensity of that with Hulk and the lightning. It kind of showed how he was a lost little kid with the powers of a god pretty much.

I liked how they did it in TIH in the rain scene, Hulk acting very scared and protective, mistaking the lightning for gun fire

I think THE INCREDIBLE HULK is the better film, but Ang Lee's Hulk is the better effect.

Latest posts

Back