Which Comic Books Should Be Turned Into Movies?

Mavericker

Banned
Static-the Movie and Movies based on Milestone Characters

I think they should make Static-the movie, and other films based on Milestone Comics characters. It would give Milestone Comics good exposure, and I think Dwayne McDuffie should serve as executive producer. What does anyone else think?

Re: Static-the Movie and Movies based on Milestone Characters

I think you are
watermark.php

Last edited:
I noticed there are threads on:

LSH
Iron Man

I might also want to see:

Doom Patrol
Black Lightning
Green Hornet
Mr. Terrific
Superboy
Blue Beetle

I already mentioned Static
and GL

Batgirl the movie?

Last edited:
Re: Superhero films I might like to see

I heard Kevin Smith was involved in a Green Hornet film, but I don't know much about it.

I heard the same thing. But that was a long time ago so most likely nothing ever came of it.

A year or two ago, Kevin Smith said that he'd completely divorced himself from the project.

I would really, really, really, REALLY love to see Grant Morrison's Animal Man as an HBO miniseries.

I wish the Phantom movie would finally resurface. And what I'd LOVE to see is a movie or comic or TV show or something based around that cheesy old team-up thing with him and Flash Gordon and the magician swami dude.

I think Checkmate would make a pretty damn cool movie.

But what I'd really like to see is a GCPD movie. There's likely going to be long breaks between Nolan's Batman movies, so it would be great to see other directors with smaller budgets releasing films around Nolan's Gotham between the releases of the main Batman films.

A year or two ago, Kevin Smith said that he'd completely divorced himself from the project.

I would really, really, really, REALLY love to see Grant Morrison's Animal Man as an HBO miniseries.

I wish the Phantom movie would finally resurface. And what I'd LOVE to see is a movie or comic or TV show or something based around that cheesy old team-up thing with him and Flash Gordon and the magician swami dude.

I think Checkmate would make a pretty damn cool movie.

But what I'd really like to see is a GCPD movie. There's likely going to be long breaks between Nolan's Batman movies, so it would be great to see other directors with smaller budgets releasing films around Nolan's Gotham between the releases of the main Batman films.

Yes, Kevin Smith confirmed what he said about a Green Hornet movie at Comiccon this year.

I would only approve if that miniseries applied the metafictional sensibility of the property to television.

In other words, it becomes its own animal by deconstructing TV rather than deconstructing comics/literature.

I would only approve if that miniseries applied the metafictional sensibility of the property to television.

In other words, it becomes its own animal by deconstructing TV rather than deconstructing comics/literature.

Definitely. It was the Wile E. Coyote angle that made me think about it for television for the first time, actually.

I heard Kevin Smith was involved in a Green Hornet film, but I don't know much about it.

I heard the same thing. But that was a long time ago so most likely nothing ever came of it.

I was watching a clip of him talking on Youtube and he said that he ended up ditched the film...because he hated doing action sequences.

Apparently Invincible is in the very early stages. There's a movie I'd like to see, as long as they did it right.

I was watching a clip of him talking on Youtube and he said that he ended up ditched the film...because he hated doing action sequences.
Kevin Smith hates ANYthing involving action. This is why his comics are so late.

I noticed there are threads on:

LSH
Iron Man

I might also want to see:

Doom Patrol
Black Lightning
Green Hornet
Mr. Terrific
Superboy
Blue Beetle

I already mentioned Static
and GL

Batgirl the movie?
Which Doom Patrol?

Top Ten Comic Book Movies I Want To See

1. Sleeper by Ed Brubaker - Basically the same story, cut into maybe two films

2. The Flash - this movie needs to deal with Generations... We start it off with a young Wally West in his parents lap watching the news as Jay Garrick beats up some baddy... more news stories emerge about a new younger flash taking up the mantle with Wally a little older... We see Wally, age sixteen, wearing a Flash shirt, walking down the street in Central City to go to his Aunt Iris' house to have dinner with her and her husband Barry (a man he considers to be the most boring man alive)... Later of course, Wally gets kidnapped, The Flash saves him, and Wally Discovers that his uncle is The Flash... We get a flashback explaining how Barry got his powers. The enemies of the film would be the Rogues, and they will have outsmarted Flash and captured him at the end... Wally replicates the experiment that gave Barry his powers (tweaking the original story), finds Jay Garrick and the two of them save Barry, and all together defeat the Rogues. At the end Jay goes back into retirement and Barry gives Wally the Kid Flash outfit.... Second film would be Barry and Wally together thwarting baddies when Zoom shows up (probably with the origin of Hunter Zolomon, who could show up in the first movie and be injured by the Rogue/Flash final battle)... Zoom would Move so quickly that in chasing after him Barry Allen pushes the both of them into becoming one with the Speed Force... Either that or Zoom is the third movie, and the third would be the one where Barry sacrifices his life to save the world... Wally decides to Honor his uncle and becomes The Flash... Ending the first flash trilogy and leaving things open for another.

3. Captain America - World War II opening, end with the raid on Red Skull's castle and the explosion that supposedly kills both Captain America and bucky... Show newsreels about their apparent deaths, and then about the end of the war...65 years later... Cut to a scene with Red Skull meeting with the heads of the corporations he's secretly running, and his plan to create a fourth reich or something... Captain America is discovered by S.H.I.E.L.D. The rest of the Film is Nick Fury and Captain America vs. the Red Skull. lots of flashbacks to WWII, throughout. This movie needs TOP writers... it needs to be on par with the great war films, and the best Comic Book movies. I'd love a scene where they try to deploy him in Iraq, but he breaks out of the plane to go after Zemo. Summink like that.

4. The Sandman by Neil Gaiman (when are we going to do a Sandman Dreamcasting? I have it pretty much all thought out.)

5. Transmetropolitan by Warren Ellis - Spider Jerusalem needs to hit the big screen

6. Queen & Country by Greg Rucka - Same with Tara Chase... Its like a real James Bond, cept a chick.

7. The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller - Batman is an established enough character to make a movie about him outside of the current film continuity

8. Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid - this should have been the set-up for a new film franchise, as much as I liked Superman Returns, it shouldn't have added continuity, it should have restarted it

9. Alias by Brian Michael Bendis - Probably center the story around her, Luke Cage, and then the whole Planet Man fiasco...

10. Supreme Power by JMS - Adapt the first few story arcs from the MAX comic word for word, scene by scene

3. Captain America - World War II opening, end with the raid on Red Skull's castle and the explosion that supposedly kills both Captain America and bucky... Show newsreels about their apparent deaths, and then about the end of the war...65 years later... Cut to a scene with Red Skull meeting with the heads of the corporations he's secretly running, and his plan to create a fourth reich or something... Captain America is discovered by S.H.I.E.L.D. The rest of the Film is Nick Fury and Captain America vs. the Red Skull. lots of flashbacks to WWII, throughout. This movie needs TOP writers... it needs to be on par with the great war films, and the best Comic Book movies. I'd love a scene where they try to deploy him in Iraq, but he breaks out of the plane to go after Zemo. Summink like that.

This has promise. The first part sounds really close to the Matt Salinger version, but obviously it would be a lot better, especially with S.H.I.E.L.D. and all that. I might not use Bucky, though.

7. The Dark Knight Returns by Frank Miller - Batman is an established enough character to make a movie about him outside of the current film continuity

The first thing I thought of after seeing Sin City was how awesome a Miller/Rodriguez DKR would be. Dozens of castings choices could work for each character. Mickey Rourke as Batman? Christopher Lee or Tobin Bell as the Joker? Heck, you could even have 90-year-old Michael Gough back as Alfred. Grrr... this would be so good.

8. Superman: Birthright by Mark Waid - this should have been the set-up for a new film franchise, as much as I liked Superman Returns, it shouldn't have added continuity, it should have restarted it

Could not agree more. A Birthright adaptation is EXACTLY what the new Superman movie could've been.

David Bowie as the Older Joker in DKR.

I will accept no Substitutes.

Clearly one day the two of us will partner up and create the perfect Comic Book Movie.

Latest posts

Back