• Sue Storm

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Johnny Storm

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Ben Grimm

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
ProjectX2 said:
I voted for Johnny. I like him because he's got a punk-*** attitude and he's got the power of one of the elements: Fire! I also like how he got into that room and burned those 200 bugs. I would love to see a crossover between Johhny and Iceman with Spider-Man caught in the middle.
Aren't all of them supposed to be elementals? Sue-air. Reed-water. Johnny-fire. Ben-earth.

I haven't read any of the FF titles, but just solely on powers I voted for Sue.

I checked out the previews for 4. It looked really good. Any one recommend it?

Yes, their poweres are based on elements. But that are not their powers.

Example: Thing cannot control earth.

I have not read MK4 so I can't comment.

Irish_4204 said:

I dropped it after the second arc. I found it very boring.

Irish_4204 said:
I haven't really read 4, but I've read Robert Aguirre-Sacasa's other work and I haven't been impressed by much of it. Even the two stories he wrote in 2004's Holiday Special, a Marvel Comics tradition I have a soft spot for, was rather underwhelming.

But if you really want to replicate the kind of giddy sense of fun that superhero comics are seldom about anymore, I highly recommend the first two arcs of Waid/Wieringo's run on Fantastic Four, available as the trades Imaginauts and Unthinkable. They're equally as entertaining as Ellis' current work on Ultimate Fantastic Four.

ourchair said:
But if you really want to replicate the kind of giddy sense of fun that superhero comics are seldom about anymore, I highly recommend the first two arcs of Waid/Wieringo's run on Fantastic Four, available as the trades Imaginauts and Unthinkable. They're equally as entertaining as Ellis' current work on Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Very, very strongly seconded. Some of the best stuff I ever read, seriously.

I do feel that Warren Ellis' run has been fun and enjoyable, despite the heat he's been catching about the pacing of the stories. I don't find a problem with it, so long as it's relevant and builds on the characters. He's doing just that and, while Reed seems to stick out more than others, I think it's something that helps all of the characters... We've learned that Thing is no dummy and Johnny is a jokster, which is what a science title needs in case it's about to go right over everyone's head. For instance, the scene where Dr. Storm demands Johnny should name the ship was very funny (Partially because of the facial expressions on the characters). It's just a very fun title to read.

Ben all the way. Mainly because I don't think he has dealt with the fact that he's now the Thing. He still believes that he is going to change back, and I can't wait for the poop to hit the fan on this one and see how he reacts when he realises that he ain't going to be human again.

I have a feeling that Millar will focus a lot on the Thing being the Thing. I think there's a lot to be said for a character like him and I can't wait to see what's said about it. It would be entertaining.

Well, Grimm is a more defined character than Johnny, but I can see where you're stuck between the two of them. Even though Johnny is the most underdeveloped character of the team, I think he does have his moments.

Goodwill said:
Well, Grimm is a more defined character than Johnny, but I can see where you're stuck between the two of them. Even though Johnny is the most underdeveloped character of the team, I think he does have his moments.
I agree. They're not really giving much attention to Johnny. But to be fair, Ellis seems to have explained his positive attitude towards his powers (as well as their own self-destructive effects) pretty well.

It's Clobberin' time!!!

I voted for Ben, of course. He's the thing people. He kicks *** and takes names. (well i don't really remember the take names part, but who can forget the *** kickin' right?) Everybody loves the tough guy, well at least most of the time.

ourchair said:
I agree. They're not really giving much attention to Johnny. But to be fair, Ellis seems to have explained his positive attitude towards his powers (as well as their own self-destructive effects) pretty well.

Absolutely. I think that Ellis "benched" him because he was not the character that would potentially be the one to be too interested in the science deal, which was heavily spread around throughout Ellis' run. Not that there is anything wrong with that (I actually have said that's one of the best parts about his run... It's such a different read from what I've read since I started reading comics), but it does not leave a whole lot of room for Johnny to be explored. That's why I think he's got him on the verge of death right now. If his personality is lacking in a group of scientists and a life-time friend, then why not make him the science?

I don't think Johnny needs anymore attention. I think all of the characters are balanced out perfectly. I think because this is the most tedious of the Ultimate titles, you guys just think Human Torch is gettting "benched" because he's been sick this arc. Wait till he springs up next issue.

I voted for the Thing. How can you not love ol' Benny-boy?

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think Johnny needs anymore attention. I think all of the characters are balanced out perfectly. I think because this is the most tedious of the Ultimate titles, you guys just think Human Torch is gettting "benched" because he's been sick this arc. Wait till he springs up next issue.

Well, yeah, it's got a lot to do with him being sick, however, there's also a lot to do with the fact that he doesn't contribute anything of substance and hasn't since the beginning. The only cool part of his character that we've been given so far is the care-free attitude he's got about life; such a character is to be appreciated, however, there's not much more to him. In a lot of ways, he's like Aunt May in USM, he needs something to happen to him to bring him back to the forefront.

He doesn't need substance he's not going to be a science geek and I'm grateful for that. He's got his own personality that adds a different dynamice to the team. He's fine the way he is and he's one of the biggest parts of the comic. His relationship with Grimm adds a lot of comedy to the title.

Latest posts

Back