Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Sue Storm

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Johnny Storm

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Ben Grimm

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
Not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't you want to see him create some trouble (Maybe court a new villain for them or something) so that he can be developed as a hero? He's the one that wants to be one...

Goodwill said:
Not saying you're wrong, but wouldn't you want to see him create some trouble (Maybe court a new villain for them or something) so that he can be developed as a hero? He's the one that wants to be one...

And in due time it'll happen.... this is what I'm talkin about if you guys want more Johnny development it doesn't look like you're gonna get too much of it with all the major storyline junk Millar is tossin' them into. We'll see how it goes down. But I think he's fine and does what he needs to for the title already.

TheManWithoutFear said:
And in due time it'll happen.... this is what I'm talkin about if you guys want more Johnny development it doesn't look like you're gonna get too much of it with all the major storyline junk Millar is tossin' them into. We'll see how it goes down. But I think he's fine and does what he needs to for the title already.
Seeing as Millar has already stated that Johnny has his own arc (like the rest of the gang) in his upcoming run, it's a sure bet that he will get his own development and maybe even a villain. There're a lot of possibilities especially because in 616, Namor is important to Torch as a foil and Alicia was always a source of tension between him and Ben.

ourchair said:
Seeing as Millar has already stated that Johnny has his own arc (like the rest of the gang) in his upcoming run, it's a sure bet that he will get his own development and maybe even a villain. There're a lot of possibilities especially because in 616, Namor is important to Torch as a foil and Alicia was always a source of tension between him and Ben.

I didn't know he had his own arc... well that should be good enough for Torch fans.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I didn't know he had his own arc...

Check out the newest news post with the Newsarama Millar interview. He said his 12 issue run is made up of 4 3-issue arcs - Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, in that order.

UltimateE said:
Check out the newest news post with the Newsarama Millar interview. He said his 12 issue run is made up of 4 3-issue arcs - Reed, Sue, Johnny, Ben, in that order.
Yup yup, although he said they're not labelled as such.

UltimateE said:
Makes sense in how he had the arcs planned. We have 'Crossover', with Reed; Tomb of Namor with Sue, since we know the "relationship" they have in 616, which of course I assume will be happening here too, to some degree. Johnny we don't know what, since we can assume that Alicia will be appearing in Ben's story.

ourchair said:
I don't get it.

That was a teaser that Millar gave in yesterday's Newsarama interview.

TheManWithoutFear said:
so will alicia be in the Ben one?

For some reason, I pegged her as Johnny's new pal. I thought Millar said something about Johnny getting a girlfriend and keeping her around would be a good idea, so maybe Alicia is shaking up with Johnny this time around.

Goodwill said:
For some reason, I pegged her as Johnny's new pal. I thought Millar said something about Johnny getting a girlfriend and keeping her around would be a good idea, so maybe Alicia is shaking up with Johnny this time around.
I don't think so, and hope not. That wouldn't seem right, as Alicia has always been 'the one' for Ben. I wouldn't mind seing Johnny trying to hook up with her, but ultimately, it's gotta be Ben & Alicia.

icemastertron said:
I don't think so, and hope not. That wouldn't seem right, as Alicia has always been 'the one' for Ben. I wouldn't mind seing Johnny trying to hook up with her, but ultimately, it's gotta be Ben & Alicia.

Unless she's secretly a Skrull!!! Er, I mean Chitauri!

icemastertron said:
Well, yeah at the start Ben and Alicia were in a sort of on and off again relationship, but that ultimately fell apart due to Ben's tendency to descend into self-loathing and push Alicia away whenever he reverted back to Thing form. In the end, Alicia hooked up with Johnny, then they got married.

THEN she turned out to be Lyja the Skrull in disguise.

Goodwill said:
God, I really hope she picks one or the other and remains as human as possible during her appearance...
Thankfully NO amount of superpowers, alien abilities, high tech geegawkery and martial arts training have ever been a part of Alicia's character, so I doubt Ultimate Alicia will be tainted by anything overly fantastic either.

Too bad, you can't say the same of Aunt May, who was once the Herald of Galactus (!)

compound said:
Was that pre- or post-Crisis? :roll:
It was DURING Crisis. The House of Ideas' Idea Crisis on Infinite Titles.

It was in a Marvel Team-Up issue featuring a team-up between... Aunt May and Franklin Richards, where she became the Golden Oldie!

05-mtu137.jpg

Latest posts

Back