Which icon should die --REALLY die?

Which Icon Should Die -- REALLY Die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Doc Comic said:
The day Superman is killed - permanently killed - is the day I go on a Falling Down rampage through my town.

Whoa. But, the nagging question is, will anybody in "Crown Point, Indiana" notice that you went on a rampage? What will you do? Make little squealy rampage noises as you go to the 7-11?

DIrishB said:
Superman is way to blase about everything. Like I said, he has about as much personality as a vegetable.

Look, dude, don't dis my cauliflower.:)

Doc Comic said:
The day Superman is killed - permanently killed - is the day I go on a Falling Down rampage through my town.

I figured you were due to do that any day now anyway, you know, due to not getting laid. ;)

Please, let me get a sex change so I can have your children. I've said for years that mutants are the lamest origin ever.

You know a sex change doesn't grant you the ability to get pregnant right? But hey, don't let that deter you. I'd love to see Doc Comic with boobs.

Dial H For Hero at least made an effort to give them an origin, an original origin that hadn't been done before. Mutants are just bleh. Geez, a normal human putting on a costume out of the blue is more original and exciting than mutants.

I agree its been taken too far (and apparently Marvel finally does too, hence them dropping the number of mutants down to 198 after HoM), but in the early 1960's when it first started it was a valid approach. No less valid than a radio-active spider bite or the sun giving an alien super-powers anyway.

John Q. Public said:
Look, dude, don't dis my cauliflower.

You really need to stop with the double posts, man. Its getting ridiculous. Almost every post you make is immediately followed by another. Sort of the reason we have an "edit" button. Try it out, its aces!

DIrishB said:
You really need to stop with the double posts, man. Its getting ridiculous. Almost every post you make is immediately followed by another. Sort of the reason we have an "edit" button. Try it out, its aces!

I don't understand what you mean. Is there a protocol I'm not following?

Well, good.

UltimateE said:
...which is why I was careful to say that as a *general* idea he is outdated. All-Star Superman and the likes notwithstanding.
I pretty much assumed that's what you were saying, I was just clarifying a point that I considered self-evident in anticipation of all the haters who would cry heresy at your remark.

Oh waitaminit. What haters? You OWN the site.

DIrishB said:
I won't be regretful when they ban you. ;)
Oh, yes you would. And they won't. Though I wish they would. Particularly since this poll shows that most of the visitors here want Superman dead, which no doubt rubs UltimateEatme and OurChairManMao the wrong way. Bring it on.

Last edited:
John Q. Public said:
Oh, yes you would. And they won't. Though I wish they would. Particularly since this poll shows that most of the visitors here want Superman dead, which no doubt rubs UltimateEatme and OurChairManMao the wrong way. Bring it on.
And this is why he should be banned.

John Q. Public said:
I wish my subnic were The People's Chairman or some other bad Maoist joke like that.

John Q. Public said:
Oh, yes you would.

No, I won't.

And they won't.

Yes, they will.

Its only a matter of time.

Though I wish they would. Particularly since this poll shows that most of the visitors here want Superman dead, which no doubt rubs UltimateEatme and OurChairManMao the wrong way. Bring it on.

Bring what on? Superman's death? Or your UC account's?

Guijllons said:
? You lost me there chief.
You say they should die because you dont understand them. He's working off the assumption, apparently, that you dont understand minorities and thus they should die too.

Being a minority does not mean misunderstood, not by default. Yes, realistically, it does happen quite a lot, but you can't leap to that conclusion, especially on the net.

Caduceus said:
You say they should die because you dont understand them. He's working off the assumption, apparently, that you dont understand minorities and thus they should die too.

Being a minority does not mean misunderstood, not by default. Yes, realistically, it does happen quite a lot, but you can't leap to that conclusion, especially on the net.
Yeah, that was what I was getting at. I didn't understand why I (or anyone really) should not understand "minorities".

I put minorities in quotes because aren't we all minorities really? Apart from the Christian hive mind that is ;)

Guijllons said:
I put minorities in quotes because aren't we all minorities really? Apart from the Christian hive mind that is ;)
Just remember you're an individual like everybody else.

Minorities are a result of any situation with a dominant but not all-subsuming group. Its only an issue because, unfortunately enough, people make it an issue.

Caduceus said:
Just remember you're an individual like everybody else.

Minorities are a result of any situation with a dominant but not all-subsuming group. Its only an issue because, unfortunately enough, people make it an issue.
You're right. I'm amazed that in some countries they have black radio and white radio. What has music got to do with colour? It's this rigid thinking that enforces the stereotypes that progressive areas of society have been trying to dissolve for decades. Catering for a special interest group? My arse. And this separatist thinking goes for any aspect of society.
Did you know that there is an atheist group called 'The Brights' now? They want to get a voice as a unified force to equal theists, but are only serving to create a niche group that belittles the very cause they are trying to get across. There is something very tragic about human nature that it wants to put everything in little boxes, easily labeled and catalogued.

Thats the problem with the way many minority groups relate to the rest of society; seperationist philosophy. There's a fine line between isolationism and over-catering to "rejoining" the majority, and very few minority groups manage to walk it. If they did, we wouldn't call them minorities, we'd just call them groups.

Latest posts

Back