Which icon should die --REALLY die?

Which Icon Should Die -- REALLY Die?


  • Total voters
    20
  • Poll closed .
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Their debuts revolutionized their respective eras, and they’ve been used and abused by countless creators. THIS IS NOT about whether All-Star Superman is better than Spider-Man: The Other. That’s not much of a contest.​

THIS IS ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT BOTH CHARACTERS, regardless of the universe or timeline or era or any alternative universe. There is no “neither” option, because that would be weaseling out. (You can use the Batman option as a neither, but remember: You’re killing Batman).​


I’m only posting this poll because, after 3,467 years of continuity (even the non-continuity stuff is really in continuity) suddenly THEY ARE BOTH DYING in series that are running at the same time.
 

Bass

Nexus of the World
Joined
Feb 22, 2005
Messages
14,167
Location
Folkestone, UK
Ah, Nurhachi and his irrational hatred of DC.

It's like me with Bendis, only not as cool.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Whew. Thanks tech wizards for fixing this. Now I can happily lean back and watch the results roll in while people tell me this is a stupid poll. Man, this is the life!
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
The Overlord said:
Neither because they wouldn't stay dead.


In this poll, they will. That's the point. Time-Warner has spun off DC, and DC merges with Marvel, and their two lowest-selling books turn out to be Spiderman and Superman. (Ultimate Astro Boy is keeping them afloat).

You have to kill one book, one character. Who will it be?
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Nurhachi said:
This poll is stupid. Superman obviously should have died decades ago


Good man.

Bass said:
Ah, Nurhachi and his irrational hatred of DC.

It's like me with Bendis, only not as cool.


Good man.

The Overlord said:
Neither because they wouldn't stay dead.


Good man.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
33,346
Location
MI
I agree with Bass that Spider-Man is more likely to die because Supes is invulnerable, but in general the idea of Superman is waaaaaay outdated.

*ducks*
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
UltimateE said:
I agree with Bass that Spider-Man is more likely to die because Supes is invulnerable, but in general the idea of Superman is waaaaaay outdated.

*ducks*

Good man.
 

Pandrio

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
1,748
Location
Tampa FL, Penguin Country
John Q. Public said:
In this poll, they will. That's the point. Time-Warner has spun off DC, and DC merges with Marvel, and their two lowest-selling books turn out to be Spiderman and Superman. (Ultimate Astro Boy is keeping them afloat).

You have to kill one book, one character. Who will it be?
Wow, I'll have to think about this one.
 

Ultxon

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
1,479
Location
Tucson, AZ
I don't really want a "death", more of an ending. After Spidey 3 makes its profit, give spidey an ending. Please, I'm actualy serious. Something that leaves all plotholes filled and all closets uncovered. Of course it would feature FACADE! [yep, just destroyed all crediblity]
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Ultxon said:
I don't really want a "death", more of an ending. After Spidey 3 makes its profit, give spidey an ending. Please, I'm actualy serious. Something that leaves all plotholes filled and all closets uncovered. Of course it would feature FACADE! [yep, just destroyed all crediblity]


Yet...you killed Spidey! My god, the agony you must face...
 

Ultxon

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 23, 2004
Messages
1,479
Location
Tucson, AZ
Yet...you killed Spidey! My god, the agony you must face...

I'm only doing it metaphorically, you mortals with your guns and knives.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Ultxon said:
I'm only doing it metaphorically, you mortals with your guns and knifes.

Rationalize away. Radioactive spiderblood is on your hands. Aunt May sheds many bitter tears...
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
10,075
Location
New York, NY
Bruce dying would shake things up a hell of a lot more, and I think he should become the next Spectre...

Then I'd want Dick and Jason Todd fight for the cape and the cowl (because the only way Dick would become Batman would be to protect the values that Bruce held and taught him)...

So yeah.

Superman dying wouldn't work. it's already happened, he can un-die.

Spiderman won't die.

Just, Period.
 
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
293
Ultxon said:
Wonderful... now I have metaphorical cancer. You suck.

You know? I'm going to do you a favor and write that last insult off to your latest labotomy. Now be a good boy and vote.
 

Blacksword

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
191
Well if we go by 1602 continuity Spider-Man gets executed by the government along with all the other superheroes as an old man. So going by main Marvel universe timing that's about when the sun burns itself out here in reality.

And as for DC, well Superman can be killed off in one age of comics but then he'll just come back when continuity (or rather the DC equivalent) reboots itself every 20 years.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top